Anyone else think the online doesn't feel "right"?

Mr Snipey

Does Black Ops feel "right" online?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Does Black Ops feel "right" online?

• Yes! I can account for every bullet I've ever fired.
    • No. There's somethin' rotten afoot.

The thing I hate about Black Ops the most is that you shoot people with 10 bullets from a gun (Commando for example) they all hit and then they sponge it turn around and kill you in less bullets from exactly the same gun. It doesnt make any sense and its not caused by lag because ive been host and off host 4 bars and this happens

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bullet detection isn't great. But it still beats OMA Tubers, Quickscopers, and modded controllers. So I enjoy playing it more.

The poll options are really biased though. You can't count for every bullet if the host has a walmart connection.

But invincible campers are ok....you're not a camper are you?

I really don't see why quick scopers annoyed people 9/10 times it was a free kill. I never even noticed modded controllers if you can't kill them before you get sprayed its your fault imo. I hate the Y,Y patch to stop mods its so annoying.

Agreed. Last night playing MW2 we ran into a team of quick scopers and they had more deaths then kills. TBH I don't mind getting killed by one either. It takes some skill (unless they are using one of these) and I would rather see that in a kill cam then someone's iron sights as I run by a bush/corner/stairs and get shot in the back.

But invincible campers are ok....you're not a camper are you?

Agreed. Last night playing MW2 we ran into a team of quick scopers and they had more deaths then kills. TBH I don't mind getting killed by one either. It takes some skill (unless they are using one of these) and I would rather see that in a kill cam then someone's iron sights as I run by a bush/corner/stairs and get shot in the back.

People actually still sell those decals? I thought they died out back in the Gears of War days when everyone realized that even having a cellophane crosshair on your screen didn't improve built-in no-scope randomness. :p

Not to mention the fact that if you can't judge where your from the hip shots are going to go in CoD which HAS a reticle on the screen at all times anyway... you pretty much fail at shooters.

But yeah, there is something wrong with this game. I've even noticed in my own kill cams when I've happened to get the last kill in a match that sometimes, my sights aren't even close to the enemy and I magically pull a headshot out of my ass. I once scored the final kill in a game of TD with an MP5K and my iron sights were pointed just below the guy's feet. I scored a headshot.... :confused:

I do blame some of my deaths on network errors though. I don't know how many times I've shot someone in the back or side several times with a weapon that should be deadly, and they just turn around and shoot me in the face. That's either lag or bullshit. Take your pick.

And don't even get me started on knife-fights against the host... Sticks and Stones is practically broken.

I completely agree, something definitely feels odd when you play this game. I really tried to enjoy playing online but I've given up now. Sometimes I'd get quite angry while playing simply because I'd spot someone who hadn't seen me then shoot at them, and hit them, only for them to turn, while I'm still firing at them, and kill me easily. It's infuriating to get killed when you get the jump on someone, especially if you've taken the time to walk round and flank the enemy team. It just shouldn't happen as often as it seems to in Black Ops. Before someone suggests I'm just a poor shot, my kill death ratio is something like 2.6+, I don't have trouble getting kills, but I always feel like something is going on with the hit detection. If it's because of lag then every game I've played must have been lagging a bit. At first I thought it was just lag, but as it seems omnipresent I now feel it's by design. I haven't played Black Ops for almost a month, but earlier I tried MW2 again and the difference is huge. Everything just feels "tighter" in that game, it's a somewhat indescribable quality, but MW2 has it and Black Ops doesn't. I suppose it boils down to the fact that when I die in Black Ops sometimes it feels like it's the game's fault and not mine, which is something I never felt in the previous Call of Duty games, except for the occasional bad respawn location (which in previous games really did only happen occasionally, in Black Ops well, don't get me started!).

imo, as long as this kind of shit doesn't happen to me , then im sweet.

Nice jab at MW2 but people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFw9OWLDmJU]YouTube - Black Ops Bad Spawns Hanoi[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGRI74ygYUM]YouTube - Black Ops Bad Spawn System...[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zlbyb25EwE]YouTube - Black Ops Nuke Town Bad Spawns[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4_Cj9R7HpA]YouTube - Call of Duty Black Ops - Bad Spawn Example + Horrible Knife Death[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0NYAJk67PA]YouTube - Briq - Black Ops Bad Spawn system 4[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W56Vs1Mjjzg]YouTube - Black Ops - Bad Spawn Example (9-22-2010)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bABm4A5G5v4]YouTube - Black ops - Bad spawn[/ame]

There are literally hundreds of pages on youtube when I search. MW2 spawn system is NO WHERE near as bad as this POS.

Nice jab at MW2 but people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones:

There are literally hundreds of pages on youtube when I search. MW2 spawn system is NO WHERE near as bad as this POS.

Cheers for the essay on spawning but I said, as long as this does not happen to ME, then IM sweet. Also, correct me if i'm mistaken but none of those clips had a spawn where the killcam showed the spawn DIRECTLY BEHIND the victim. Apart from the clip on firing range with the RC-XD, the killcams did not have a direct line of sight prior to spawn.

I have yet to see a truly shit spawn like that mw2 clip happen to me. when I played mw2, it happened a lot. Black ops has shit spawning, yes you proved that. But I still find the multiplayer much more enjoyable than mw2.

Edited by Vegaskingz

Cheers for the essay on spawning but I said, as long as this does not happen to ME, then IM sweet. Also, correct me if i'm mistaken but none of those clips had a spawn where the killcam showed the spawn DIRECTLY BEHIND the victim. Apart from the clip on firing range with the RC-XD, the killcams did not have a direct line of sight prior to spawn.

I have yet to see a truly shit spawn like that mw2 clip happen to me. when I played mw2, it happened a lot. Black ops has shit spawning, yes you proved that. But I still find the multiplayer much more enjoyable than mw2.

I can't have a discussion with some one who is blatantly ignoring the issues of a game. This isn't the first time anyone has had an issue with BO's spawns....did you even watch the clips?

go to pingtest.net as well., Things like Jitter are a big factor too. Maybe.

I can't have a discussion with some one who is blatantly ignoring the issues of a game. This isn't the first time anyone has had an issue with BO's spawns....did you even watch the clips?

He doesn't want to realise something, he's become an unsinkable rubber duck. Nothing you can say will convince him that his precious game has any flaws.

Edited by Hamburgerous

He doesn't want to realise something, he's become an unsinkable rubber duck. Nothing you can say will convince him that his precious game has any flaws.

Not true at all. Of course Black ops has flaws, I said that myself. The spawning system is sometimes, foul.

All im saying is that I haven't seen a spawn that bad as the one I have posted.

I dunno if this should really be in the bitch thread but I wanted to post a poll.

Basically I've tried, and tried, and I cannot enjoy this game online.

If I go back to any of the 3 previous CODs (especially the MWs), the most noticable thing is that the bullet detection is 'crisp'. I trust that with good aim, my bullets will hit the target.

Here I just don't feel that.

Me and the target see each other, spray our guns, maybe move around a bit, and seemingly decided by random, one of us is dead.

What do you guys think?

totally agree

Well the poll is now almost 2 to 1 in favour of "something's not right".

Myself I have cast the ultimate vote - by selling the game at HMV (got £33 - not bad!).

I decided that paying money and spending time on something that's annoying more often that it is fun isn't just stupid - it's actually psychotic when you think about it.

Thannks for everyone's input on the matter :)

Well the poll is now almost 2 to 1 in favour of "something's not right".

Myself I have cast the ultimate vote - by selling the game at HMV (got £33 - not bad!).

I decided that paying money and spending time on something that's annoying more often that it is fun isn't just stupid - it's actually psychotic when you think about it.

Thannks for everyone's input on the matter :)

I will cast the same vote... just as soon as I hit 15th Prestige... :D

Not true at all. Of course Black ops has flaws, I said that myself. The spawning system is sometimes, foul.

All im saying is that I haven't seen a spawn that bad as the one I have posted.

Yes, but in the other millions of people spawning millions of times there are people that have. Me included.

A lot of people sai that about MW2 while that was True people said that was an Opinion. People are just bitching about BO because its not MW2.

Even though you most likely did that with MW2, which that would make you into a Hypocrite. Btw tell me what game doesn't have Flaws especially when nothing is Perfect.

Nice jab at MW2 but people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Stop moaning when you're a Hypocrite especially with MW2 having hundreds of videos on youtube for Bad Spawns.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=modern%20warfare%202%20bad%20spawning&search=Search&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&spell=1

The spawns are worse in MW2 especially when you can get spawned in or placed into AC-130 rounds, Stealth Bombers, Harrier strikes, and Airtrikes. While you forget that you can spawn camp complete teams with AC-130s and Chopper Gunners in MW2.

Edited by Blueprotoss

The spawns are worse in MW2 especially when you can get spawned in or placed into AC-130 rounds, Stealth Bombers, Harrier strikes, and Airtrikes. While you forget that you can spawn camp complete teams with AC-130s and Chopper Gunners in MW2.

I forgot that you can't do that with CG, Dogs or Hinds on this game due to the BS detector your points are so stupid half the time.

Even though you most likely did that with MW2, which that would make you into a Hypocrite. Btw tell me what game doesn't have Flaws especially when nothing is Perfect.

Tetris. Not once has that glitched on me. Same as Hexic.

Edited by AOS Puck

I forgot that you can't do that with CG, Dogs or Hinds on this game due to the BS detector your points are so stupid half the time.

Tetris. Not once has that glitched on me. Same as Hexic.

You can do that with the Gunship while its a lot harder and the spawns switch faster to prevent that from happening in BO. Dogs can only Spawn camp on Nuketown because they go after people all over the map when they are activated. CG rarley Spawn camps because its fly around the map and you shoot the minigun attached to it. Treyrch learned to make a balance game unlike IW did with MW2. Its sad that you're okay with Spawn Camping in MW2 while its a different in BO.

I'm sure that you're lying on that while I mean Flaws as a Negative, which that does involve glitches. You stll need to tell me what game doesn't have Flaws especially when nothing is Perfect.

Edited by Blueprotoss

You can do that with the Gunship while its a lot harder and the spawns switch faster to prevent that from happening in BO. Dogs can only Spawn camp on Nuketown because they go after people all over the map when they are activated. CG rarley Spawn camps because its fly around the map and you shoot the minigun attached to it. Treyrch learned to make a balance game unlike IW did with MW2. Its sad that you're okay with Spawn Camping in MW2 while its a different in BO.

I'm sure that you're lying on that while I mean Flaws as a Negative, which that does involve glitches. You stll need to tell me what game doesn't have Flaws especially when nothing is Perfect.

I'm fine with all spawn camping I am normally the one trying to lock down the spawn camp. Often prolonging the games for easy xp. Like firing range stand just behind the wood and they will ALWAYS spawn in the area down the back 2 people each exit no chance at all. Also Flak Jacket ain't getting no tube kill on me I can camp their ass off all day. Anyone can spawn camp as it uses invisible lines and if you don't cross them they will never change spawn. Yet again you fail as your an idiot.

And I answered Tetris learn to read much? You eyes are to blinkered to read is see.