DLC tables to not have achievements?

ChromiumDragon

According to the PS3 forums, the DLC tables for The Pinball Arcade have no trophies. Has anyone heard whether or not the 360 version will have achievements? I expected nothing more than the same generic achievements that we got for the original 4 (Make top 5, complete standard, complete wizard), but to hear that there's no trophies for the PS3 version is shocking.

Hopefully the same does not hold true for the 360 version, but it doesn't sound promising.

I'll fully admit to being an achievement whore. If the DLC has achievements, I'll buy them all just for that reason. If not, at best I'll buy a couple of the tables that I grew up playing as a kid (Addams family, F-14 Tomcat, T2, Earthshaker, and a couple of others) if they ever get released. The rest I'll pass on.

If this is true then this is disappointing to me. 1st, they say tables will be release in May, then June, but nothing has come out yet. Now there may not be any achievements? It will take a very good sale for me to get them, then. Or, like Chrome Dragon, I will get my favs from years gone by.

• 2 weeks later...

It would have been nice to have achievements for the DLC, but honestly, I didn't expect there to be any. They are only going to be charging 400MS points for two tables, and being that they want to release tables for years to come; It wouldn't make sense that they would all have achievements. That would be one monster of a Achievement list after it was all said and done. I'm getting all the tables they put out. I've had so much fun playing these old games that I used to play when I was a kid.

That is a shame. They will have a cap 400G as an arcade title, but as I said, a real pity if they don't do any more achievements.

To be honest, given what they want to do and release loads of tables over the months/years ahead, they will struggle to assign achievements which will make it up to 400G.

I for one am pleased that I pledged for Twilight Zone and should get the exclusive DLC for that in November. That I will happily play for fun, but this DLC with no achievements, might wait for DotW as said above.

So...when's ANY new table coming out? I heard May, then June, now it is July yet still nothing.

The developers are ignoring all questions on the matter. The unofficial rumor mill is now saying mid July, but there's no evidence one way or the other. Could be nothing more than wishful thinking.

The last we officially heard, there was an issue with the size of the update. Microsoft supposedly granted an exception and was supposed to approve the new DLC, but has yet to do so. Which means that either they didn't approve of the DLC, pulled back their approval of the DLC, or there are other issues (which could include the lack of achievements, but that's just my own speculation) holding things up.

It is entirely possible that this could go the same route that Game Room went -- ignored with promises of future DLC that never get fulfilled and eventually people just get sick of waiting and watch the whole thing get abandoned.

If I haven't died of old age by the time they're released, I'll buy whatever DLC they put out (excluding Pinbot because I don't want that cruel bastard on my HD) regardless of achievements.

They're not getting a dime from me on any Kickstarter funds either. No way am I paying for a table that I might never get to play.

Edited by hectorpuppet