legion move into novac??!?!?

jandancer33

even after getting lucky 38 hotel room i still continue to live in novac, mainly cos i like to collect junk lol, and cant be bothered to move it all to the new location and sort it all out again.

so i visit novac quite often in my game, to drop off junk, sleep, pick up and leave companions.

and so i was very surprised to see what i thought was a legion soldier stood at the bottom of the stairs outside my room.

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv179/ltil_photos/gold%20phone/SP_A0694.jpg

luckily, i realised that he was one of the wandering traders, playing 'dress up' with the clothing i'd previously sold to him, 'before' pulling out my gun and shooting him!!!

since dressing as a legion soldier, with a raider warrior helm, he's not moved from the bottom of the stairs??!?

during all my hours of play in F3 & F:NV , i have never had a trader change clothing before!

must be another of the weird and wonderful glitches in this game lol :D

boone doesn't look twice at him.

although he's dressed as a legion raider lol, he's still a functioning trader, still gets new inventory every few days etc, he just doesn't move away from the stairs...

i'd sold him probably every faction clothing, from ncr to khan, raider to caravan & prospector, (it was useful to sell junk to him as i'd fast travel in) and these are the only clothes he's changed to, despite having all the others.

with regards to wearing faction clothing yourself, the npc's do react to what you put on. the khans were hostile towards me, but i walked into red rock wearing their armour, and they were all friendly.

(i think) if you walk into camp mcarren wearing legion armour, they will go hostile on you, even if you are adored there. (i walked into springfielf wearing khan clothing, and everyone went hostile)

you cant dress your companions in faction clothing (cept boone in ncr) if you try and hand it to them, they just drop it. (annoying when your full of legion or ncr armour and just need help carrying it)

i liked the story, and ending, in both, about the same, but i liked the freedom in fallout 3 better. vegas is too guided, it expects you to play in a certain order, and if you dont follow what they have planned, quests glitch out and cant be completed.

in fallout 3 you could do what you wanted, when you wanted, go anywhere, any order, any time. it was all up to you, no prodding from the game makers. that, for me., made it a better game.

• 2 months later...

Ha, I've seen this guy. Usually in my game he's hanging out on the other side of the street from the entrance to Novac. He equips better weapons and armor that you sell to him, although kind of randomly. I've seen him wearing metal armor, although I forget if I'd sold him Legion stuff or not at that point.

I just realized that I want to try to get him in the Metal armor/helmet reinforced versions with a bumper sword. So he looks like the little guy from Dragon Warrior. I must try....

• 3 weeks later...