how will online work

Looking at other threads ive started to wonder how will the maps teams and weapons work as the campaign will be split into different battles at different times will we have seperate classes for sperate battles eg vietnam based weaponry for the vietnam side and weapons usedin cuban missle crisis. Or will they just jumble it up any ideas?

If the game is split into different time zones, then the selection of teams in certain maps and the themes of those maps will most likely reflect this. As for the weapons and classes... I don't have any idea how they will distribute them; something I'm interested to find out.

I think they'll just stick to one time setting, possibly the more up-to date setting. If they do re-visit some of the Vietnam maps then I think they'd make it feel like it's been set years ahead. So, possibly lighter textures on meshes, partiality destroyed buildings, ect.

Though sadly, the game-play will be the same, AGAIN. And it will be packed with 13 year old that show off because they, think, they've modded a game when really, they used a program to do it for them.

Edited by Tufty

I'd like to see weapons/perks available based on map. So instead of always being able to use the same class, the game may force you to choose from a specific selection of only a few certain weapons and perks depending on the map. Then at least everyone would be on even ground, and you wouldn't have to worry about people complaining about other people being n00bs with the tube and RPG.

I'd like to see weapons/perks available based on map. So instead of always being able to use the same class, the game may force you to choose from a specific selection of only a few certain weapons and perks depending on the map. Then at least everyone would be on even ground, and you wouldn't have to worry about people complaining about other people being n00bs with the tube and RPG.

This is a good point and id also like this as youd be forced to try weapons you may not normally use and also means if there is an overpowerd gun *gives evil eyes to mp40*it may not be avaliable on a certain map.

Whatever they do, I just hope that Commando or Juggernaut ( Painkiller deathstreak, whatever ) type perks don't make it into the game. Would like to see a bigger variety of weapons as well. It's across different time periods, so it's interesting to think what Treyarch will be doing with multi-player.

Juggernaut was the best perk ever, I was sad to see it go in Modern Warfare 2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This might have already been mentioned but I have heard that the killstreaks will have to be earned by you actually killing someone. In the past they have had kills from killstreaks add to you kills/killstreak. ie: if you kill 2 guys with a predator you get the harrier. That won't be the case now.