Anyone ever played the first and second one?

SegaSaturnSNK

I loved the second one.. I still pop it in from time to time.. How about Mobile Light Force?? You guys remember that one?? Part 1 was out on the PSX and part 2 was out on the PS2. More games like this need to be released on the 360. It's games like those that made the PS2 so awesome. A deep catalog of many great titles.

I loved the second one.. I still pop it in from time to time.. How about Mobile Light Force?? You guys remember that one?? Part 1 was out on the PSX and part 2 was out on the PS2. More games like this need to be released on the 360. It's games like those that made the PS2 so awesome. A deep catalog of many great titles.

Mobile Light Force 2 was Castle Shikigami 1, Also PS2 wasen't known for great shooters because Sony didn't like companies releasing 2d games for their system.

SNES, Genesis, TG16, PSX and Saturn are where all the best Shooters were.

I agree w/ Washer...the old 16-bit & 32-bit systems had the best shooters. There were a few decent shooters on the PS2, but most of them didn't "shine".

I was thrilled to hear that this game is coming to the 360. First I heard that a Raiden Fighters compliation was coming, now this. I sure hope more follow suit.

I blame SCEA USA or whatever Sony's USA department is called for not releasing enough 2D games on the PS2. Japan had a shit load of 2D games aka shootem ups and fighters on the PS2.

Forgot the Dreamcast Washer even though it isn't as good as those consoles you mentioned.

I have no idea why I forgot Dreamcast, it's the system that made me start collecting video games and its also the system that I have the most shooters on. Hell I've even been buying the new release shooters that have released this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Mobile Light Force doesn't really exist. MLF and Castle Shikigami are somewhat confusing in their sequence of release in the US. It goes something like this: Mobile Light Force (PS1) - Was actually the Japanese game titled "Gunbird" Mobile Light Force 2 (PS2) - Was originally the first "Castle Shikigami" game in Japan. Castle Shikigami 2 (PS2) - actually has the same title in Japan as in the US. Castle Shikigami 3 (360) - this game, obviously. I do own both MLF2 & CS2 for PS2 and they were a couple of the best shooters available on the last gen of consoles. If this game is brought to the US I look forward to buying it.

I love the second game, not just for the gameplay, but the cracked out script and voice acting makes me laugh every time. So confusing and nonsensical, it had to be done on purpose for them to actually put voice overs for it. I wonder if the third one is going to be just as cracked out story and voice wise? It'd almost seem disappointing if it wasn't.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The first 2 were great little games, good "entry-level" shooters as well. Compared to the likes of Ikaruga, Mars Matrix and the 2 Giga Wing games on DC they were almost relaxing by comparison. I'd love XBLA to start churning out the old Sega shooters. Dodonpachi (altho the PS2 sequel was pretty good IMO), Radiant Silvergun, Strikers 1+2, Gunbird 1+2, Game Paradise...list is endless. That said the new 1945 game looks good and Omega V is superb, Ikaruga is still sublime and Trigger Heart is not bad either.

• 1 year later...

i havent played the first 1 or the 3rd

but ive played the second

its the only castle shikigami game released in europe

its really fun, i like the gameplay and graphics

also the soundtrack is brilliant

fingers crossed castle shikigami 3 gets a release in europe/america