Official Bitching Thread

13ip0lar

there are many weak things about this game. they spent WAAAY too much time and effort on the facial animations, and while that is impressive, they seriously slacked off in the gameplay department, which is infinitely more important.

also, getting 5 stars on cases can be a major pain sometimes. even if you do everything 100% on a case the way the game wants (find all clues, do all correct conversation things, etc), if you did too much property damage while driving around, you get 4 stars. IMO that is total bullcrap. if you do everything right, that should be an automatic 5 stars. why is there so much emphasis on property damage?

if you missed a clue and did some damage, then i could see being given 4 stars, but its completely frustrating at the end of a case to see you did everything right, but due to the driving mechanics sucking and there being too many stupid NPC drivers that get in your way, you are penalized a star. i have my partner drive everywhere when i can, but sometimes you have to drive when chasing someone or when you tell your partner to go somewhere then the game hijacks you and you end up somewhere else, only to find you now cant go to the place you originally wanted to go. i hate finding out ive just wasted 30-40 mins because the roads are jam packed and douchebags wont get out of your way even if you have your friggin SIREN on.

Edited by shinobigarth

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of the complaints seem to be from people who were expecting GTA: LA 1940s which was never advertised, similar to how lots of people complained about RDR.

It's not a true sandbox game, it's not meant to be, it was specifically stated by Rockstar before it was released that it isn't meant to treated like that.

Yes most of the cases follow a similar pattern but considering you are a detective investigating murders what did you expect? "You don't need to look at another dead body dectective, just win a speedboat race and that'll solve the case"?

The only gripe i have is that damage caused counts against you in your case notes, which when dealing with chase scenes and/or other drivers who crash into you does put you at an unfair disadvanatge.

Has anyone else not been able to play the last mission? I saw a couple posts about it (no fix though) but this is the bitching thread so here I am. I played through the whole game and I actually liked it. Finished the second to last mission and the naked city DLC started automatically. I played through it and it took me to the main menu. I thought I had all 100% clues and dialogue but something was missing....THE LAST MISSION that won't load. It's not it the files on the desk either. I have to delete the DLC and replay the whole game just to do the last mission. EFF that.

I want to gouge my eyes out trying to use a guide to get the last 24 vehicles I need to drive. I just don't have the fucking energy for this slow-paced game anymore.

This game was fun, wasn't amazing, but fun and decent. Replaying the story to get 5* got a little boring considering there was no 'skip cutscene' option due to it being a replay of the case, but nevertheless getting 5* in sections helped pass that itch, I guess.

:eek: So here is a giant wall of text, read at your own digression a lot of bitching will take place below. So if your down for some "Light" reading pull up a chair and a beer and get to reading this shit. :drunk

Ok, I just going to say the games good, not great, not terrible, but good. There are redeeming qualities in this game that I would like to point out first. The graphics are nice, and the new facial technology is pretty cool for a first run in a game. They did a good job ya sometime its kinda funky and it looks kinda funny sometimes but all in all it was a pretty cool experience.

Now on to the list of bullshit this game has to offer, though to be fair a lot of games suffer from the same bullshit. First I'm going to address the story, and I'm sorry for People who having completed the game here Just skip this section.

Spoiler Alert-:locked

Basically you start out as just a ordinary cop who is like this goody goody, "Golden Boy" war hero, coming back from WW2. So you get promoted to homicide eventually where you work on the Black Dalia cases. And there are like 3 or 5 cases where you get evidence dead to rights on these guys, but then later towards the end of that arc you find out one guy did all the crimes and framed all the guys you locked up. But here's where the story get really fucked up, all the guys don't say shit. They basically are just like well I'm fucked so why even bother saying I didn't do it. Then you catch the guy later and then that's it, he is someone's brother who is high up on the food chain so the department just lets it slide. Blam Promoted.

Big What the Fuck there!! Seriously so I did all that other shit for nothing. But actually Phelps did say something about it being the Werewolf/Dalia killer all along and he was framing people but they just keep dismissing that because of the department bullshit and idiot partners.

Another big What the Fuck moment is you getting busted for adultery, seriously goody, goody, Phelps mister high and mighty, do no wrong cheats on his wife. No that shit is way out of character, I say Bullshit!!! Another this is the ending, wow you fucking die like a bitch. You save Kelso, ya well at least he deserves to live, he is the only cool character from all the flashbacks. Plus when you get to play as him his its kinda cool, the guy feels more like a real person, rather then Phelps.

END SPOILERS -:locked

- Characters -

All the characters in this game are so cliche is pathetic. I just wish I could have seen something new there. Only character I didn't hate was Kelso. All your partners are just fucking useless, and are just there for bullshit dialogue. Drunks, Pricks, and Idiots, and goody, goodys, looking at you Phelps. The last guy in Arson wasn't that bad, though that pretty much sums up the cast in this game. :drunk

- Partner Game play Mechanics -

What a load of shit that is, they don't do anything. Maybe except pull a car around for you if the perp is getting into a car while your chasing him. In a fight they don't do shit, brawling or fire fights useless, even the normal cops that show up sometimes don't do shit except die, or stand in the fucking way of your shot or cover. Also the car chases with then trying to shoot out tires is a fucking joke, they never get that shit unless the car if fucking totaled already.

- Car Chases -

Seriously this is one of the biggest complaints I have with this game. Your in a cop car, and there in a big ass truck, or piece of shit. And some how they manage to always out run you. I will be jamming on the accelerator, and be a top speed and they will still be faster than you like 80% of the time. And let me not forget 90 mile an hour 90 degree turns they pull out of their ass. I mean they will be flooring it then magically bust a perfect 90 degrees and speed away though like the smallest spaces and avoid all those fucking things you seem to always get stuck on. Maybe I just suck at driving, maybe not but I still think its bullshit.

- Cut Scenes -

Why the FUCK can't I skip them, the second time around. I didn't want to use a guide my first time around, and see just play see how good I do myself. So I'm going through again and I can't skip the beginning cut scenes that are like an hour long. Fuck you LA Noire I don't want to see that boring ass shit again. Let me skip it.

- Shooting and Cover System -

I know its a Rock Star game and its just like it is in the GTA games. But the cover system is just fucking terrible. It's so slow, not to mention its got the long ass delay getting into or out of cover. It's bullshit, if your going to rip off Gears or Metal Gear cover systems then at least make it on par with the current games. I mean shit MGS did the wall leaning back in PS1 days and it was better than this shit. The aiming is slow as shit, even if you turn the sensitivity all the way up and its also got like a delay or pull when moving it too fast. I play shooters so I'm used to being able to aim fast and accurate but, hey its not a real shooter so I will let that part slide. But they cover sucks I don't even use that shit, just walk in the aim move its faster and you can strafe in and out of cover, and blast the fuckers.

- Collectibles -

Why game developers have the need to add this shit to there games when there is no need is beyond me. Besides the newspapers, which give you the back story of the characters, and more in site to the story there is no fucking need for the rest of this fucking bullshit. The reason behind it is simple, to extend the game beyond its main game so you can feel like you got more of your moneys worth. Well mister/miss developer, FUCK YOU!!!

I don't want to waste my time collecting shit that has not purpose other than to extend the game beyond its intended purpose it just makes me hate your game, and you. But hey we give you an achievement do collect the bullshit. No just no, why not add the achievement for something story related or doing something you wouldn't expect for and alternate path in the story how about it sounds much better than me running around your big ass open, world looking for shit like film reels, like why that? It's not like your character was an actor, how about badges that's more police like. Also fuck the Car collecting achievement, and your street crimes shit. On a side note to that, way to go recycling your already used character in that shit. Either it was like they think we wouldn't notice or they were just lazy. Though it its fairness it was funny a few times.

- Gun Usage/ Warning shot/ Foot Chases -

Why the fuck can I not shoot at people running especially murder suspects? And why can't I just shoot them in the leg to stop them from running? Why does every shot have to be a kill shot, why not just wound them to bring them down, But I guess it would just be easier to kill them. Whatever Fuck it.

- Glitches -

I know a game especially "sandbox" type games like this have quite a few, but I feel like the only glitches I came across were in the main story. Tailing people is the worst for that. They will literally just get stuck in a traffic jam and never move. Or another comes to mind when you have to track down a bus and the bus was spawned inside a fucking house. Shit like that sucks, especially because of the save system for this game, you have to either get caught on purpose to reset that shit, or load your last save, which could be fuck knows where.

Edited by SynysterChris

:eek: So here is a giant wall of text, read at your own digression a lot of bitching will take place below. So if your down for some "Light" reading pull up a chair and a beer and get to reading this shit. :drunk

Ok, I just going to say the games good, not great, not terrible, but good. There are redeeming qualities in this game that I would like to point out first. The graphics are nice, and the new facial technology is pretty cool for a first run in a game. They did a good job ya sometime its kinda funky and it looks kinda funny sometimes but all in all it was a pretty cool experience.

Now on to the list of bullshit this game has to offer, though to be fair a lot of games suffer from the same bullshit. First I'm going to address the story, and I'm sorry for People who having completed the game here Just skip this section.

Spoiler Alert-:locked

Basically you start out as just a ordinary cop who is like this goody goody, "Golden Boy" war hero, coming back from WW2. So you get promoted to homicide eventually where you work on the Black Dalia cases. And there are like 3 or 5 cases where you get evidence dead to rights on these guys, but then later towards the end of that arc you find out one guy did all the crimes and framed all the guys you locked up. But here's where the story get really fucked up, all the guys don't say shit. They basically are just like well I'm fucked so why even bother saying I didn't do it. Then you catch the guy later and then that's it, he is someone's brother who is high up on the food chain so the department just lets it slide. Blam Promoted.

Big What the Fuck there!! Seriously so I did all that other shit for nothing. But actually Phelps did say something about it being the Werewolf/Dalia killer all along and he was framing people but they just keep dismissing that because of the department bullshit and idiot partners.

Another big What the Fuck moment is you getting busted for adultery, seriously goody, goody, Phelps mister high and mighty, do no wrong cheats on his wife. No that shit is way out of character, I say Bullshit!!! Another this is the ending, wow you fucking die like a bitch. You save Kelso, ya well at least he deserves to live, he is the only cool character from all the flashbacks. Plus when you get to play as him his its kinda cool, the guy feels more like a real person, rather then Phelps.

END SPOILERS -:locked

- Characters -

All the characters in this game are so cliche is pathetic. I just wish I could have seen something new there. Only character I didn't hate was Kelso. All your partners are just fucking useless, and are just there for bullshit dialogue. Drunks, Pricks, and Idiots, and goody, goodys, looking at you Phelps. The last guy in Arson wasn't that bad, though that pretty much sums up the cast in this game. :drunk

- Partner Game play Mechanics -

What a load of shit that is, they don't do anything. Maybe except pull a car around for you if the perp is getting into a car while your chasing him. In a fight they don't do shit, brawling or fire fights useless, even the normal cops that show up sometimes don't do shit except die, or stand in the fucking way of your shot or cover. Also the car chases with then trying to shoot out tires is a fucking joke, they never get that shit unless the car if fucking totaled already.

- Car Chases -

Seriously this is one of the biggest complaints I have with this game. Your in a cop car, and there in a big ass truck, or piece of shit. And some how they manage to always out run you. I will be jamming on the accelerator, and be a top speed and they will still be faster than you like 80% of the time. And let me not forget 90 mile an hour 90 degree turns they pull out of their ass. I mean they will be flooring it then magically bust a perfect 90 degrees and speed away though like the smallest spaces and avoid all those fucking things you seem to always get stuck on. Maybe I just suck at driving, maybe not but I still think its bullshit.

- Cut Scenes -

Why the FUCK can't I skip them, the second time around. I didn't want to use a guide my first time around, and see just play see how good I do myself. So I'm going through again and I can't skip the beginning cut scenes that are like an hour long. Fuck you LA Noire I don't want to see that boring ass shit again. Let me skip it.

- Shooting and Cover System -

I know its a Rock Star game and its just like it is in the GTA games. But the cover system is just fucking terrible. It's so slow, not to mention its got the long ass delay getting into or out of cover. It's bullshit, if your going to rip off Gears or Metal Gear cover systems then at least make it on par with the current games. I mean shit MGS did the wall leaning back in PS1 days and it was better than this shit. The aiming is slow as shit, even if you turn the sensitivity all the way up and its also got like a delay or pull when moving it too fast. I play shooters so I'm used to being able to aim fast and accurate but, hey its not a real shooter so I will let that part slide. But they cover sucks I don't even use that shit, just walk in the aim move its faster and you can strafe in and out of cover, and blast the fuckers.

- Collectibles -

Why game developers have the need to add this shit to there games when there is no need is beyond me. Besides the newspapers, which give you the back story of the characters, and more in site to the story there is no fucking need for the rest of this fucking bullshit. The reason behind it is simple, to extend the game beyond its main game so you can feel like you got more of your moneys worth. Well mister/miss developer, FUCK YOU!!!

I don't want to waste my time collecting shit that has not purpose other than to extend the game beyond its intended purpose it just makes me hate your game, and you. But hey we give you an achievement do collect the bullshit. No just no, why not add the achievement for something story related or doing something you wouldn't expect for and alternate path in the story how about it sounds much better than me running around your big ass open, world looking for shit like film reels, like why that? It's not like your character was an actor, how about badges that's more police like. Also fuck the Car collecting achievement, and your street crimes shit. On a side note to that, way to go recycling your already used character in that shit. Either it was like they think we wouldn't notice or they were just lazy. Though it its fairness it was funny a few times.

- Gun Usage/ Warning shot/ Foot Chases -

Why the fuck can I not shoot at people running especially murder suspects? And why can't I just shoot them in the leg to stop them from running? Why does every shot have to be a kill shot, why not just wound them to bring them down, But I guess it would just be easier to kill them. Whatever Fuck it.

- Glitches -

I know a game especially "sandbox" type games like this have quite a few, but I feel like the only glitches I came across were in the main story. Tailing people is the worst for that. They will literally just get stuck in a traffic jam and never move. Or another comes to mind when you have to track down a bus and the bus was spawned inside a fucking house. Shit like that sucks, especially because of the save system for this game, you have to either get caught on purpose to reset that shit, or load your last save, which could be fuck knows where.

Hilarious post, I share your opinions. Its sucks that most achievment whores probably used a guide the first way through just so they wouldn't have to watch the cutscenes in a 2nd playthrough. The sad thing is that using a guide the first time through destroys the entire point of the game....but I think going through these missions a second time is even worse. I took a few months away from this game to start achievement hunting and I still have NO motivation to do these missions again. Ugh..

Hilarious post, I share your opinions. Its sucks that most achievment whores probably used a guide the first way through just so they wouldn't have to watch the cutscenes in a 2nd playthrough. The sad thing is that using a guide the first time through destroys the entire point of the game....but I think going through these missions a second time is even worse. I took a few months away from this game to start achievement hunting and I still have NO motivation to do these missions again. Ugh..

Watch this shit its awesome, Egoraptor is a funny motherfucking genius.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsKi5ZvB64U]Awesome Series - Awesome Noire - YouTube[/ame]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm 50.5% in the game and overall I am enjoying the game, but at the same time, the limitations for this being an open world game were disappointing since it felt like they didn't do much with it. They could have done so much more with this so in that aspect it is a little disappointing.

I think one of my main issues is that there also isn't a whole lot of interactivity with weapons, people, and actions that playing as Cole can be done. I especially find it kind of weak that in pretty much every Street Crime Case I've done thus far (around 22-23 cases), in the majority of them, you can't draw your weapon to fire a warning shot but instead, just shoot to kill. Granted, perhaps that was more common during this time since today, many officers need to announce themselves and use force as a last resort or when fired upon themselves, but it's kind of repetitive to go from street crime to street crime and kill the suspect at large.

So far, the cases themselves aren't too terribly repetitive, but the combing for clues and the types of clues has definitely gotten old through the progression of the game. I think I'm on my first Vice Desk case. I'm hoping I won't be sorely disappointed by the end of the game since this is my first time playing.

Only other issue with it is that it seemingly makes my Xbox run real hard when this is the game being played (current issue is lack of hard drive space to install) when compared to others I've played that aren't currently installed.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate that it's so difficult to get revenge. When someone hits my car I want to destroy them. Without being able to draw my weapon at my own free will, I can't shoot them, I can only knock them over by running into them, or attempt to run them over with my car. This game makes it so hard to run people over at lower speeds, since they move like the Flash to get out of the way of your car. Grrrrrr

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

five words: damn the nash la fayette. the last achievement i needed in this game to 100% completion was the one where you've driven every single car and this one car was literally NOWHERE to be seen. i spent HOURS searching for it... and finally, i did, thank god. that achievement was a pain in the ass but i freakin loved this game, so hey, doesn't matter. and it was the first game i got all achievements on!

I bought this game the day it came out. One of the worst 60 bucks I've ever spent. It was SO tedious. The interrogations bogged the game down and became boring after the first disc. Go here, find this, interrogate this guy, yell a little, get demoted, go here and on and on and on. I got rid of it.

Okay so I'm somewhat late replying to this thread but I don't care, I really like this game but I've got a few things to get off my chest.

No complaints about this not being 'GTA-like', Rockstar told us exactly this and besides GTA IV is a pile of shit. There are some mechanics and aspects to this game that drive me up the wall though.

First example, inability to skip cutscenes. I know you're impressed with your facial recognition mumbo jumbo and yes it looks pretty damn awesome but for fuck sake I do not want to be saddled with an hour of dialogue that is spectacularly boring when watching/listening to the second time. This led to me essentially ruining the game for myself by making the conscious decision to follow a guide for the vast majority of the game in order to get fucking five stars first time so I don't have to waste my time going through all that tedious crap again.

On the subject of wasting my time, what the fuck is with all the dumb collectibles in this game. While the film reels are kind of cool in their own way I don't want to be going round collecting fifty of the fuckers when they have absolutely no relevance to the story or my character whatsoever. I am absolutely sick of having to spend hours going through guides to get these pointless things that are clearly only tacked on to add artificial length to the game. Guess what, it doesn't make people think they've gotten more out of the game, it makes them fucking hate you for wasting their time and boring the living shit out of them.

Next are the A.I. drivers around the city.

- Sometimes when you are gunning it down a road with sirens blaring it is handy to be able to weave in and out of lanes as sometimes going into the outside lane is a necessity. However, these NPCs will ALWAYS make for the outside lane regardless of where you are approaching from, resulting often in a concerted attempt to drive into you rather than stay out of your way.

- Silly fuckers also think the best way to aid a police car at a busy intersection is to simply stop right in the middle of it thereby almost completely obstructing the way forward.

- When I'm pulling out from a stationary position at the side of the road or making a three-point turn (again with my sirens going) the NPCs' cars are routinely quite happy to go ploughing straight into the side of me, then I get penalised for the damage. Piss off. Wouldn't be so bad if I could get out of my car and go shoot them in the face but the game won't let me!

Concerning interrogations, it really bugs me when you accuse them of lying and no matter what situation they're in they pretty much always get all cocky and immediately say "oh well why don't you prove it" which is essentially an admission of guilt and something I find incredibly unrealistic. The best bit is when they're sitting on the sofa and you're going through the suitcase right in front of them with the evidence in, you talk to them and they try and deny it and demand proof of the allegations despite having just quite clearly seen you pick it up.

(SPOILERS AHEAD FROM NOW ON)

Some points with the story really bother me. The whole Homicide desk story arc in particular is totally stupid, it turns out to be this one guy who's been stitching everybody up for the killings, yet when you confront the actual innocent people during the cases with the evidence they're always like "oh well you got me" and accept the prospect of getting fried from the inside out in the name of justice when surely they would strenuously deny it and suggest that they were being framed. Some of them actually admit it before you send them down which I just don't get. Also when you have the choice who to convict between mind reader guy from Heroes (who the evidence points to) or the creepy kiddie fiddler and your captain comes in telling you to send down the paedo despite the fact that it clearly wasn't him, you actually get two stars deducted for picking the husband. What the fuck is that all about, good job I didn't fall into that trap since I was using a guide because of my aforementioned cutscenes beef, otherwise I would have been absolutely incandescent with rage.

Finally there is Cole, I don't particularly like having to play as him because he is a complete and utter douche. Spends the entire game being a total boy scout with a massive stick up his arse preaching moral superiority to his partners in the car and then goes and has the affair. Stupid bastard. I may have been playing too much Mass Effect recently but I really wouldn't have minded the choice about whether to do that or not.

Edited by Flugruger