Game Info

L3giOn

Unreal Tournament 2007 marks the return of the industry's premiere first person shooter utilizing the completely new Unreal Engine 3 technology taking the graphics, playability and challenge to a new level.

Players assume the role of a futuristic warrior engaged in contests of intense shooting battles against skilled opponents, controlled either by human contestants online or by A.I. These contests are fought with the most powerful sci-fi weapons and vehicles. It's FPS action at it's best!

Features

• Unparalleled graphical and physical realism from the latest Unreal Engine 3 technology delivers the most compelling First Person Shooter Experience to-date...online and offl ine!
  • Vast arsenal of weapons. The weaponry is bigger and badder than ever. Destroy your opponent from a distance with the ever popular Link Gun or blast away at close range with the Bio Rifl e. There are a ton of weapons to choose from and many have been upgraded for maximum performance and killing sprees.
  • Single player mode rivals the online experience! Battle against lightening fast A.I. in the deeper and richer single player tournament mode.
  • Onslaught vehicle combat, taken to a new level. Expanded Onslaught game type features two complete sets of high-tech vehicles, including the massive Leviathan, the terrifying Darkwalker, and a completely new way to get into the action...the Hoverboard.
  • New and favorite characters. Fight side-by-side with or compete against new and returning characters from the UT franchise, all with enhanced abilities, extremely detailed looks and distinct personalities.
  • Enhanced popular game types, including: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, and Instagib CTF and more.
  • Online innovations. Unreal Tournament 2007 provides seamless loading on servers in addition to improved matchmaking for more evenly matched competitors.
  • Bundled with the award-winning Unreal Engine 3 Toolset. Build your own levels, gametypes, and more, or download the latest mods from the massive Unreal community.
  • 4-player coop over Live and 2-player splitscreen modes

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I personally think this game is the game that will kill Halo. After all this is the game that started halo and it's going to finish it off. Halo and Halo 2 were awesome but after Gears of War i had little hope for Halo 3 and now seeing Unreal Tournament 3, Halo 3 is nothing to me.

Yeah this game will be sick all the others were great. Never played halo only reason I'll get it because my friends want me to get it or I would never buy it and yet still might no. The beta wasn't a great beta by any means. But I will for sure get this.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I played Gears a lot, Halo 3 a lot and Assassin's Creed... but this is THE game for me. For sure it will go beyond the online experience of Halo 3 because the graphics are better then Halo's, playability and for me the feeling of blasting your enemies to shît. I mean, just take a look at the first screenshots! I know it doesn't mean a thing but it sure as hell makes your waiting more annoying ;). Can't wait :woop:!

However I'm not letting myself out over the better things it has then Halo and Gears, because I had the same thing with Assassin's Creed. It was a wicked game, definitedly, but it just wasn't as good as evryone said it would be. I'm not in the whole hyping thing so... I will just wait for it to come out, then play it like I was born for it and then give my opinion!

• 2 months later...
I personally think this game is the game that will kill Halo. After all this is the game that started halo and it's going to finish it off. Halo and Halo 2 were awesome but after Gears of War i had little hope for Halo 3 and now seeing Unreal Tournament 3, Halo 3 is nothing to me.

Yeah and many upcoming shooters, this will probably be as popular and maybe more popular than halo 2 which is still being played online today after 2 or 3 years of being released.

Its good to see a better version of Quake 4 on the 360, i've missed fast paced shooting action like quake 3 arena and unreal tournament 1 and 2.

--machll

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If this is the exact same game they released on the PS3 last year, then I probably won't buy it. It's not going to kill Halo because they're in two different ballparks. Halo is too slow to be compared against this game, just like it's too slow to be compared against CS: Source or any other fast-paced, twitchy shooter. It's not a bad game, but I couldn't get used to the ridiculously fast (for me) gameplay and absolute lack of any coherent single player storyline. (Heck, the single player is basically matches against bots. What fun is that?) Kudos to you who love it, though, because it's just what you'll expect.

Unreal Tournament 2007 marks the return of the industry's premiere first person shooter utilizing the completely new Unreal Engine 3 technology taking the graphics, playability and challenge to a new level.

Players assume the role of a futuristic warrior engaged in contests of intense shooting battles against skilled opponents, controlled either by human contestants online or by A.I. These contests are fought with the most powerful sci-fi weapons and vehicles. It's FPS action at it's best!

Features

• Unparalleled graphical and physical realism from the latest Unreal Engine 3 technology delivers the most compelling First Person Shooter Experience to-date...online and offl ine!
  • Vast arsenal of weapons. The weaponry is bigger and badder than ever. Destroy your opponent from a distance with the ever popular Link Gun or blast away at close range with the Bio Rifl e. There are a ton of weapons to choose from and many have been upgraded for maximum performance and killing sprees.
  • Single player mode rivals the online experience! Battle against lightening fast A.I. in the deeper and richer single player tournament mode.
  • Onslaught vehicle combat, taken to a new level. Expanded Onslaught game type features two complete sets of high-tech vehicles, including the massive Leviathan, the terrifying Darkwalker, and a completely new way to get into the action...the Hoverboard.
  • New and favorite characters. Fight side-by-side with or compete against new and returning characters from the UT franchise, all with enhanced abilities, extremely detailed looks and distinct personalities.
  • Enhanced popular game types, including: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, and Instagib CTF and more.
  • Online innovations. Unreal Tournament 2007 provides seamless loading on servers in addition to improved matchmaking for more evenly matched competitors.
  • Bundled with the award-winning Unreal Engine 3 Toolset. Build your own levels, gametypes, and more, or download the latest mods from the massive Unreal community.
  • 4-player coop over Live and 2-player splitscreen modes

congratulations, you can copy and paste from play.com

May be similar to UT3 on the PC :uzi:

It is UT3 from the PC

Not being rude on these two quotes by the way, just pointing stuff out, lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i'm with you on that one. i think the majority will probably still stay loyal to halo but unreal tournament was the first shooter i ever played and the 4th game i ever played. i still have yet to get this one but it's on my todo-list. i saw some gameplay of it and i'm pumped:woop:

• 3 years later...