Anyone else have their character data corrupted?

Zoreg

I started playing yesterday. Reached level ten went out for some food and when I came back I turned it on again and boom character does not exist. I figured it must have been deleted due to corruption. So I figured "hey it is only level 10" and restarted.

Played for a couple hours(3 or 4) reached level 8 and went to bed. When I awoke this morning I tried to play again. Now it is giving me character corrupted message.

I checked my data for a corrupted file and did not find one. I even made sure when I left both times I took the tip they give and left through online. As to make sure it saved. No idea if this is on their end or not but it is kind of annoying.

If anyone knows a fix to this let me know. Thanks.

Let me ask, did it tell you your character was deleted? Cause my game froze last night while I was online and I went to bed, and when I woke up, they asked me to make a new character but it didn't say it was corrupted or anything.

oh fuck i'm scared now. my character is level 35 and if it's been deleted i'll be one unhappy person.

Same, got to rank 44 and I just get sent to character creation when I try to go online now. It also says that my character is rank 0 on the socialclub :(

kept disconnecting all day yesterday and so i gave up for a while

went back and get sent to character creation

it has my left over money but not my character who currently owns a $223,000 house and was level 23

dont really want to make a new character after all the grinding i did to afford the house and im afraid if i make a new character it will save over my old one

kept disconnecting all day yesterday and so i gave up for a while

went back and get sent to character creation

it has my left over money but not my character who currently owns a $223,000 house and was level 23

dont really want to make a new character after all the grinding i did to afford the house and im afraid if i make a new character it will save over my old one

Don't risk making a new one, with the amount of fuss people are throwing over there at rockstar, they have to make a comment soon.

If they say they're gone forever, we have no choice, but I'd wait for word from rockstar.

Have had the same thing happen, but if I view myself in the leaderboards it still says I have the XP for level 36, and on top of that the 2 other characters that I got to level 5 in the mean time have added on to my total XP

How did u see this leaderboard? In game on another character?

Just happened to my brother. He got to LV37 then we backed out from a mission to free-roam and he had to dashboard, too long loading screen, when he came back he was LV27 and lost half of his money.

Crap like that has happened to me numerous times. Today, all my gaming didn't register. In fact, I lost awards (platinum,gold, silver, bronze) that I got several days ago. Too ******* frustrating.