Achievement Discussion

L3giOn

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The achievements look o.k. Am I the only one that hates "either or" achievements though? I'm referring to the 'Full' and 'Zero' Corruption achievements. It seems like to get one or the other you have to be completely of void of corruption, but you can only get one or the other in one play through. I hate achievements like that.

O, and how is there going to be a multiplayer on this game?

I agree with everyone else, not a big fan of either/or... but if there are actually 2 different endings, I would probably do it just for that anyway :( it's a weakness... I know...

/ranked rant

One thing I myself really can't stand are ranked achievements though. I understand it sometimes prevents boosting and the like, but either way, I myself don't play ranked games. I absolutely hate the fact you 'usually' can't play with friends and the people in most of the games are complete jackasses... I know this has probably been the topic of many debates, but I had to rant about this crap somewhere. Can't stand those damn ranked achievements.... sigh

/end rant

Should be a cool game though. Enjoyed the demo thoroughly.

I like the either or achievements, adds a reason to replay the game. Obviously how fun the achievements are depend on how fun the game is, but I'm enjoying the game so far (doing it with zero corruption ATM), so I'm sure I won't mind replaying it as an uber evil guy.

Well said. Guys i got a question for ya here. For the acheivment which involves getting a horde fully equpied, dose anyone know the exact details of that? How many minions do i need? All browns i take it but what is there a certain amount o should have?

Well said. Guys i got a question for ya here. For the acheivment which involves getting a horde fully equpied, dose anyone know the exact details of that? How many minions do i need? All browns i take it but what is there a certain amount o should have?

I personally found it easier to use my Green minions to get the achievement. But basically you need to have 50 minions and need to get what I assume is your attack percentage with minions up to 400% which is the max. You just need to teleport to the Ruborian Desert Village and break all the crates and go back and forth doing that until you reach 400%. I could never get past 388% when using my browns for some reason. I didn't try using reds or blues though since greens break the crates faster and turn everything they pick up basically into a weapon. Also holding down the right trigger makes things easier as well

Ok i am having trouble getting ultimate durium and ultimate steel achievements because i compleatly upgraded both of them to max on all things and it didnt give me the achievement it only gave me the ultimate arcanuim achievement, i maxed out arcanuim first but this is annoying

there is some sort of glitch with the ultimate armors/weapons and nobody really knows why. What I had to do was to reload and then upgrade my weapons/armor again and then the achievements finally unlocked. If that didn't work for you then you might need to reforge the equipment and then upgrade it again sorry man and good luck!

I don't really mind either/ors, since if I'm playing something for that long I usually like it quite enough to play it again. Overlord is case in point.:biglaugh

The ones that get me mildly annoyed are the "50 wins in <x> mode"; I don't have a lot of time to play online, usually, and I hate looking at them and having them laugh at me. Overlord's are especially annoying, because I love the game to death and would much prefer to have a full 1K, but due to time contraints (and the horrid lag issues that seem to come up online), I'll likely never get them.

And, off-topic, but since someone brought up Condemned... you don't have to play the game all the way through to get both Revenge and Compassion. After you kill the Dark Primary/Hate and make your choice, you can just hit "continue" on the main menu. That'll take you to the checkpoint for Dark Primary, Phase 3. Finish him off again, choose the other way, bam. Both ending achievements. Of course, I had to go through it like 4 times anyway, trying to get the Melee Master and Melee Mayhem ones... but just noting you don't have to for that particular pair. :biglaugh

• 3 months later...

Hey, well me and a friend used our alternate accounts and played a Slaughter match. He had a higher score and upon completion, he did not receive the achievement for winning and I did not receive the acheivement for competing in slaughter. Not sure why, but it looks like none of the achievements are unlocking properly at the moment. Does anyone have any insight?? We were testing out the quitting for wins with fresh accounts that have no online achievements for the game yet. It didn't unlock winning 1 match, so we played out the full 10 minutes and still nothing.

I would just like to let everyone know you CAN unlock the <x> wins in <Slaughter/pillage> mode achievemnts by starting a match then having your partner quit once you get ahead. The game mechanism seems to work by whenever the match is over, the highest score wins, and if the connection drops or the losing player quits, it counts as a win for the winning player. I guarentee this works.

Now if only I can do something similar with that d*** survival mode

On Survival Mode, there if you grab the cogs and open the wheel to the center of the map, you can go in there an wait. Stay off to the side so the flame and crossbow dwarves can't shoot you. If it works properly, you can just wait one player by each fountain and nobody will come into your little area, they'll get stuck on the bridge. You may have to set up Greens somewhere, I don't remember that much since it's been a while. We just waited there for 30 minutes and the achievement unlocked.

• 2 months later...

I have a question for the pure heart achievement.

If i get corrupted one time, can i go back to pure heart? I mean i really want Satine as a mistress, but i don't want to loose 40G(i already did good things to this point so can't get black heart) so im wondering if i choose Satne and therefore become corrupted, can i still get the achievement by doing good things?

I have a question for the pure heart achievement.

If i get corrupted one time, can i go back to pure heart? I mean i really want Satine as a mistress, but i don't want to loose 40G(i already did good things to this point so can't get black heart) so im wondering if i choose Satne and therefore become corrupted, can i still get the achievement by doing good things?

I don't think so. If you want to win with clearest conscience, you'll need to all the good stuff on this play through. If you want Satine as a mistress, you'll need to play the game a second time, which is fun anyway because you'll probably want to try it doing all the corrupt things. I played the game twice and it was a blast both times. Good luck.