Achievement Discussion

Krazie

• 3 years later...

For the Wake Up Call Achievement, I won't say what it is to avoid possible spoilers for the story since it is a story-related achievement and can be missed, I'm just going to say what I did and I need clarification before progressing the story. I don't want to advance too far only to have to start the level over again.

But I chose to hide inside of a closet and there was a cutscene after that. Then after that cutscene I drove to the train station and continued on with the story. I just need clarification if anyone did this and got the Wake Up Call Achievement?

For the Wake Up Call Achievement, I won't say what it is to avoid possible spoilers for the story since it is a story-related achievement and can be missed, I'm just going to say what I did and I need clarification before progressing the story. I don't want to advance too far only to have to start the level over again.

But I chose to hide inside of a closet and there was a cutscene after that. Then after that cutscene I drove to the train station and continued on with the story. I just need clarification if anyone did this and got the Wake Up Call Achievement?

None of the 2nd floor hiding spots worked for me. I watched from the 2nd floor until he came up the stairs and entered one of the far rooms. Once he is out of sight, I sneaked downstairs and worked my way around the first floor until finding a door leading to the back of the house/garage area. Jump in a car and bust through the gate, achievement pop.

ahhhh, okay. Yeah, I kind of didn't get that one because I didn't think I'd need to drive after anyone, so I had a truck as my vehicle... and on top of that, 2 of my tires were blown out. so I couldn't really catch him :p I tried hijacking a car too from restarting the last save point, but it took too long. So after I lost him, it said just to go to my house, so this can be missable. Thanks CBBB

Edited by Bantri

As for the Hard to Kill achievement... does this need to be done with a four star wanted level? Or can you be wanted and just wait 10 min? I don't exactly understand how it works... oh and if it is a four star wanted level... does the blue meter need to be full or well filled the entire 10 min. Only thing I have left to do so I would like my 1000 points.

Hi!

I finished Mafia2 on the medium level. Now ... to get "Tough Nut" achievement I must play new game or I can just load every chapter and play it on hard level ?

It makes the most sense when you chose new game on hard and play from the start to the end, after each chapter the next chapter comes automatically, but you can replay for example all missions randomly till every chapter is marked as done on hard.

about the posters, ive got like 110 of them and im sick of it;>

i havent completed chapter15 yet, if i do, and start over or replay the chapters, can i still just collect the last 40 posters? or do i start of at 0 again?

thanks.

everything what you have collected is saved, it makes no difference if you die or go to/chose a new chapter.

It makes the most sense when you chose new game on hard and play from the start to the end, after each chapter the next chapter comes automatically, but you can replay for example all missions randomly till every chapter is marked as done on hard.

everything what you have collected is saved, it makes no difference if you die or go to/chose a new chapter.

god damn !! I was play on hard level each chapter. I was replay each chapter and play it again od hard lvl. Now I have every chapter marked as done on hard but I didin`t get achivement :/ wtf????

god damn !! I was play on hard level each chapter. I was replay each chapter and play it again od hard lvl. Now I have every chapter marked as done on hard but I didin`t get achivement :/ wtf????

mhm... first why did you just play through the game on hard normally, like I said each chapter comes automatically, what was the last chapter you've completed on hard? was it the last chapter?

mhm... first why did you just play through the game on hard normally, like I said each chapter comes automatically, what was the last chapter you've completed on hard? was it the last chapter?

Damn ... I started game from first chapter and play chronologically (so my last chapter was 15th). Sometimes I play few chapters in row so next chapters comes automatically but sometimes, when I play next day I take next new chapter (I didn`t take "Load Chapter"). Could that be the problem with getting this achv. ? It will be suck !

Damn ... I started game from first chapter and play chronologically (so my last chapter was 15th). Sometimes I play few chapters in row so next chapters comes automatically but sometimes, when I play next day I take next new chapter (I didn`t take "Load Chapter"). Could that be the problem with getting this achv. ? It will be suck !

I got a solution ! :) I start new game on hard level and when I finish first chapter I get achievement :)

I stole a big truck, not an armored truck, had the cops chase me a bit, and I found a little alley and I parked the truck. They didn't shoot at first, and I eventually got out and shot at them to get them to. I went back in the truck and 11 (but more then that really went by) minutes elapsed and no achievement. I thought if I escape them, it would unlock but nothing. What did I do wrong?

Edited by Kevin Craze
EDIT: I learned it has to be on 4 stars. I was doing it on 3.

I stole a big truck, not an armored truck, had the cops chase me a bit, and I found a little alley and I parked the truck. They didn't shoot at first, and I eventually got out and shot at them to get them to. I went back in the truck and 11 (but more then that really went by) minutes elapsed and no achievement. I thought if I escape them, it would unlock but nothing. What did I do wrong?

You need to be on Wanted Level 4. The icon above the radar will be of a tommy and it'll show 4 stars. Over the police radio they'll "authorize the use of automatic weapons" or something like that.

For those wanted posters can I just start a chapter and search for the without doing a certain mission or is there certain mission that have a certain wanted poster.

There are no certain posters for a specific chapter, they are like the pigeons from GTA IV. You are always in a mission in Mafia II but you can ignore them and search your wanted posters.