Criminal Activity DLC Work-Around

Darth VeX

For those who have premium and are still wondering why their Xbox One DLC isn't available yet ... it actually is, but it's hidden in such a silly stupid place.

I'm sure they'll fix this soon, but here's how you get it to download:

1. In BFH, select "Quick Match" in the Multiplayer Menu.

2. Select "Bounty Hunter"

3. The game should pop up a "BFH Store" contextual menu that prompts you to:

- Buy Premium

- Buy Criminal Activity

But if you have the Premium file installed (9.5mb) already, then "buying" Criminal Activity will be free and it will prompt you to start the download instead of actually trying to charge you any money. It's a 3.7gb download FYI.

It seems to have taken almost all day for this news to spread and only now are the new DLC servers starting to fill up.

That's a really stupid and drawn out process just to download the freaking DLC. At least they tweaked some of the requirements for the Assignments. Now if they'd just reduce the achievements to 1,000 kills instead of 10,000 kills...

10,000 kills with each class really isn't that much in the long run.

I have almost 15,000 total kills already. If they're split evenly (which I doubt), then I'm more than a third done already.

This still doesn't work for me, it wants to charge me again for the premium without giving me a chance to download the DLC?

Go to "Manage Game" from the My Games and Apps ... delete ONLY the Hardline Premium file.

HARD reset your Xbox One.

Re-download the Premium file again from the same screen (it will be far to the right and say "ready to install").

Once it's re-installed, start the game again.

Go to Multiplayer and choose "Quick Match".

Again, select "Bounty Hunter". Select the Criminal Activity line, not the Premium entry.

It will prompt you asking if you want to install it.

If it still doesn't work ... I have no idea what's wrong. MS and Visceral say it will be fixed sometime this week.

Go to "Manage Game" from the My Games and Apps ... delete ONLY the Hardline Premium file.

HARD reset your Xbox One.

Re-download the Premium file again from the same screen (it will be far to the right and say "ready to install").

Once it's re-installed, start the game again.

Go to Multiplayer and choose "Quick Match".

Again, select "Bounty Hunter". Select the Criminal Activity line, not the Premium entry.

It will prompt you asking if you want to install it.

If it still doesn't work ... I have no idea what's wrong. MS and Visceral say it will be fixed sometime this week.

Hi mate

Thanks for trying to help but I am at a loss at how to fix it.

I was about to attempt your above solution but it only gives me the option to uninstall the game and my saved data, BF Premium is not there?

Could the fact that I redeemed a premium code and installed the season pass prior to buying and installing the actual game be an issue?

The season pass I redeemed was a US code (I am from the UK), as I guess your aware I simply changed my region to the US, redeemed and installed the season pass and then changed my region back. Could this be an issue? I didn't think it would as I did the same thing for Sunset Overdrive and had no problems?

Any help would be appreciated but I guess I am going to have to wait until MS/Visceral sort it out!

Edited by Swyer87
Error

Hi mate

Thanks for trying to help but I am at a loss at how to fix it.

I was about to attempt your above solution but it only gives me the option to uninstall the game and my saved data, BF Premium is not there?

Could the fact that I redeemed a premium code and installed the season pass prior to buying and installing the actual game be an issue?

The season pass I redeemed was a US code (I am from the UK), as I guess your aware I simply changed my region to the US, redeemed and installed the season pass and then changed my region back. Could this be an issue? I didn't think it would as I did the same thing for Sunset Overdrive and had no problems?

Any help would be appreciated but I guess I am going to have to wait until MS/Visceral sort it out!

I have no idea if the region issue is part of it.

But I can identify the main problem -- you don't actually have premium. If you don't have the Premium file downloaded, you can't expect Premium benefits to actually work.

• 2 months later...
10,000 kills with each class really isn't that much in the long run.

I have almost 15,000 total kills already. If they're split evenly (which I doubt), then I'm more than a third done already.

For someone who enjoys "shoot em ups" but is an average player, 10,000 sniper kills is unatainable in the lifetime of this game. I reckon 1,000 sniper kills and say 2 or 3,000 kills in the other weapon loadouts.

I think that it is a shame that you have to buy the DLC for the achievement to change? If as other threads suggest that the Bounty Hunter game lobbies are dead as well. You would be paying £35.99 for effectively 2 achievements

For someone who enjoys "shoot em ups" but is an average player, 10,000 sniper kills is unatainable in the lifetime of this game. I reckon 1,000 sniper kills and say 2 or 3,000 kills in the other weapon loadouts.

I think that it is a shame that you have to buy the DLC for the achievement to change? If as other threads suggest that the Bounty Hunter game lobbies are dead as well. You would be paying £35.99 for effectively 2 achievements

Exactly. I just checked my BF3 & 4 stats. In BF3 I have a total of 11,385 kills achieved in total game time of 245:47:47. My time in BF4 is 201:46:09 with 7,704 kills in total. Now that's a lot of time invested in those two games but even in total I don't have enough kills for all 4x 10k achievements. These achievements are absolutely garbage. I don't mind some grinding or achievements you don't get in a day or two, but this feels like a total overkill for anyone who isn't only just playing Hardline.