Help With Some Challenges or Story

• 2 weeks later...
just wondering if anyone has any tips on bonus shorts 4-3 and 4-5? these would be the last 2 i need for completion. thanks. if anyone has any ?s on any of the others let me know, ill see if i can help

i dont't like those portal challenges... did set 5 with the red winterbottoms, and they were challenging, but fun. but i can't manage to do set 4-3, 4-4 and 4-5..

and i'm also missing a fast way for 2-1. just managed to do it with par clones by now

edit:

nevermind about 2-1, just did it.. wasnt that hard after all :p

Edited by Moetrich

ok, just finished teh last challenges. not that hard at all if you try for some time...

4-3:

biggest problem is the time you have for each guy. it has to be enough to reach the top right cake.

firstly, walk a clone the left and stand on the switch to open the wall. stay there all the time, dont move, and dont bother collecting cakes with this one.

the next clone walks left with the first, try to stand on top of the first to collect the higher cakes. go through the wall and stand in front of the next. wait there.

after that, you have to do the same all over again, walk to the left as far as you can, using the previously created clones to jump on higher ground.

you have to get 3 clones on the switches to the right, and the last one to walk all the way to the top right to collect the last cake.

also, be sure to jump on top of the clones at the beginning to get the higher cakes af the "pyramide". dont waste time there, just jump around with every clone, so it shouldnt be a problem ;)

4-5:

well, that was quite easy, i did it on my first try, and i was far from being perfect...

just walk a different way with every clone, you can use all 15, and 3:30 is a lot more time than you will need to get everything.

just be sure to avoid going the same routes with clones, and have one standing at positions where other clones can jump on it to reach higher ground.

i'd suggest to do all the routes above the start first, because you collect the cakes beneath by falling down anyways.

in the end go down and collect all the remaining ones.

it is hard to explain because its a somewhat big level. but really, its not hard to get everything

I know I'm going to feel like an idiot, but how do you do the bonus short "Pie Blue Heaven" with only 1 clone?

EDIT

Answer: As soon as you can, create a standing clone. Hit :xbut:, sending the clone to the right. Stay where you are, turn to the left. As soon as your clone makes it back up after all the bouncing, hit :xbut: again, sending him bouncing off the left wall and into the remaining pies.

Edited by Facetious T OSU

Same "feel like an idiot" situation here. How do I do 3-5, Blue's Chews, with just one clone? I already have the time challenge done. Thanks!

EDIT

Well, I really don't have a solid strategy for this. But, the best way I can describe it is alot of jump-smacking. Start recording when you can, jump and float to the right, grabbing the top two pies in the vertical line, then land on the starting platform. Release :rtbut:. Then smack the clone along the pie arc on the left side. Follow him down and start smacking him left and right until all the pies are hit. Some pies you will need to hit him against the wall, then jump-smack him into a higher pie. This doesn't do anything for the time challenge, but it solves the 1-clone problem.

well for 2-1 take one step forward from where you start tiuching the bottom pie still and stack 6 guys on top of each others hats and the sixth guy repeatedly hitting now if ya left space where clones are not touching a pie on the way up you usually collect them on the climb to the top so dont worry about staggering the clones just stack them straight up now ya gotta be fast hit the switch getting the pie on top the switch climb your clone tower and when ya get hit dont glide but hold left to guide ya through if ya miss one of the lower one on the way down just try to jump after ya make it down you may also try just floating for 1 second right above the line of pies before you fall down to collect them hope it helps i added videos for bonus shorts levels 4 and 5 all scenes so peep them for more help will take a few tries but i did it with 6 clones in 14 seconds

I'm trying this method you suggested now. It's a little hard to do without a video (odd how this game works this way). I already have stages 4,5 nearly completed. For some reason I didn't have any trouble blowing through those, except 4-1. Thanks for the response.

EDIT:

Alright, I just finished 2-1. I had it right, I just wasn't getting up the clone tower fast enough or was missing a pie here or there. It just took about 50 tries.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Im havin trouble with 2-2 & 4-1. Noone else here mentioned those. Ive seen the vids. I just dont get the trick. These are the last 2 time trials left for me. What am i missing here?

I don't know which vids you have seen, but for achievements I'd recommend the ones by Spatvark on Youtube.

2-2 A Clockwork Pastry

Follow the vid, do some well timed jumps on/off the clones, and use the umbrella to glide across before falling.

4-1 Water Whirled

The trick is to get each clone to be hit upwards by the previous clone. The first clone is recorded "hitting" twice on the ground level. The second clone is hit upwards by the first, and then records a hit at the highest point it reaches. The third clone is hit upwards by the first, then again by the second so that it can reach the highest pies. Then use the umbrella to glide down and collect them all.

It might be easier to try doing the two halves of the screen separately - you should still have enough time (and clones) to beat the achievement targets.:woop:

• 3 weeks later...
I don't know which vids you have seen, but for achievements I'd recommend the ones by Spatvark on Youtube.

2-2 A Clockwork Pastry

Follow the vid, do some well timed jumps on/off the clones, and use the umbrella to glide across before falling.

4-1 Water Whirled

The trick is to get each clone to be hit upwards by the previous clone. The first clone is recorded "hitting" twice on the ground level. The second clone is hit upwards by the first, and then records a hit at the highest point it reaches. The third clone is hit upwards by the first, then again by the second so that it can reach the highest pies. Then use the umbrella to glide down and collect them all.

It might be easier to try doing the two halves of the screen separately - you should still have enough time (and clones) to beat the achievement targets.:woop:

Edit: USE THOSE VIDEOS!!!!!!!!!!

Yup. Just cleaned up the ones I did not finish or had some difficulty with. Easily one of the best arcade games I've ever played.

Edited by Mr914
Forgot to support the above statement above, saying to use the videos he mentions - LOL