Easy Demolition Man achievement with 2 players

Hi,

I haven’t been a member for too long but I would like to share some information with you guys about the Demolition Man achievement. As you might know, achievement you cannot kill yourself or people in your team since it won’t count towards the achievement.

I’m sure there’s other ways to make it work but here’s how I did it:

Gametype: Squad Deathmatch

Map: Isla Inocentes

For this you need a friend and communication is the key and the way to success. Join a game, get your friend to join you session in progress. By the time he joined your team just let him know some the enemy gamertags. When he joins you he’ll most likely end up in your squad. Now your friend will quit the game, bring up the recent players list and join one of the players in one of the enemy squads, session in progress. He’ll now end up joining the enemy squad.

If the match is still young you’ll be able to get 4-5 kills a match (even more if you get lucky and kill, not only your friend but a couple of enemies in the destruction as well). Remember, communication is vital.

I would rather use the C4 instead of mortar strikes and rocket launchers. Get your friend to where the building is located, set up you C4 in all the corners inside the house. Once you’re done, let you friend know and then set of the charges. You’ll know when the building it about to fall, it’ll make a lot of noise and that’s when you tell your friend to run inside the house – and you’ll get you demolition 2.0 kill. Then move on to the next house.

The reason you want your friend out of the house and not inside it while you set your C4 off is because he might die by the C4. Also, if he’s hiding on the roof and you demolish the building it might count as him doing a suicide… for some reason.

There’re 2 other maps that you can do this on as well and they’re: Arcia Harbor and White Pass. Although the maps are a lot bigger and enemies will spot you a lot easier. Also some buildings will take more than the set of C4 you got. Make sure your friend play with the Assault class as you can resupply from his crates.

If this helped you or if you got any questions please let me know.

Bye,

This is great...... we have a few friends online the other night for this and just couldnt get into the same server on different teams and never thought of using the other players to get on the other side.

Thanks for this!!! its slower but a hell of a lot more reliable that the method of blowing up your own MCOMS etc.

Okay, here is a tip that we learned from our boosting sessions.

That last tip you gave, of your friend being assault to resupply you? DON'T DO THAT. If you get ammo from his resupply kit, the demolition kill will count as a suicide for him.

Instead, be assault yourself, using a shotgun. You'll have C4 and a resupply kit. That will make it a lot easier.

Thanks for the info, will give it a go hopefully later.

I managed to get a friend to join in the other night on squad deathmatch, he was on the other team. We managed it twice but it kept coming up saying he had committed suicide which was a pain :mad: Im hoping though it might be to do with using his c4 on it as well?

Okay, here is a tip that we learned from our boosting sessions.

That last tip you gave, of your friend being assault to resupply you? DON'T DO THAT. If you get ammo from his resupply kit, the demolition kill will count as a suicide for him.

Instead, be assault yourself, using a shotgun. You'll have C4 and a resupply kit. That will make it a lot easier.

That's why in my last session some members of the others team where getting suicide .

That's why in my last session some members of the others team where getting suicide .

Yeah, we were confused by that in our session. We eventually figured out that it was the resupply kits.

Assault + shotgun (or if you're high enough level, one of the battle rifles) is a much better solution.

If you are having problems:

Just to add, there seems to be a link between my friend commiting suicide

and the number of people on the team-

we are playing rush at the mo, people left so it was just me on one team and my friend on the other-no matter what we did he kept dying by suicide.

I dont know if this is because he is on my friends list or because it was one-on-one, but as soon as more people joined in we were getting destruction kills with the same technique. He wasnt damaging the buildings in anyway or using his ammo etc:

So its something to do with either him being on my friends list or being one-on-one. :p

The easiest way is to get an 8 person party, join Hardcore Squad Rush, and hope you get in the same game. If not, just sit in the game and don't do anything, and wait for the other team to leave. Then you will have a match all to yourselves.

Thats a good idea just find a nice little camping spot and have everyone sit in it and they other kids will have no idea what u guys are doing. :p

There's a safer way to do this without explosives. Same map, do everything as above (kit selection doesn't matter) and have the one who has to die sit in the building where the A M-com station is on rush. Now i saw a glitch on PC that also works on xbox, there's a wooden fence to the back wall of the house if you knife it (3 parts) the building wil collapse! Only problem with this is that there's only one building so you'll have to quit and find a new match.

I've got all my 2.0 kills legit but could have got them sooner if not so many enemys would die from the explosion, with this method the danger of getting an explosive kill instead of a demolish kill is gone..

Edited by TheLegendOf1977

If you are having problems:

Just to add, there seems to be a link between my friend commiting suicide

and the number of people on the team-

we are playing rush at the mo, people left so it was just me on one team and my friend on the other-no matter what we did he kept dying by suicide.

I dont know if this is because he is on my friends list or because it was one-on-one, but as soon as more people joined in we were getting destruction kills with the same technique. He wasnt damaging the buildings in anyway or using his ammo etc:

So its something to do with either him being on my friends list or being one-on-one. :p

It's not because he is on your friends list because I tried doing it with a friend and I removed him from my friends list, it must be the amount of players.

My friend and I are currently boosting this, just the two of us. We tried squad deathmatch on Isla Inocentes and gave up on that pretty quickly. Too many other people trying to kill us.

We've had a lot more success on Conquest on Atacama Desert, he managed to get around 15 in one game.

THIS

I boosted this achievement with one friend in a couple of hours (for both of us to get the achievement).

1) Conquest/Hardcore/Atacama Desert with the 2 of you on the squad

2) Once in the game, see who's on the other team. One guy back out and join session in progress (thru your players list) on an enemy

3) DO NOT JOIN SQUAD...squadmates get in the way

4) There are about 5 houses on the "C" flag and about 7 on the "A" flag that can be easily used.

5) The killer uses ASSAULT/SHOTGUN/DOUBLE C4 PERK and hides at either "C" or "A"

6) Start killing. About half of the houses are only 1 story. For these houses, lace up the outer walls, blow them, and then have the guy run in AFTER the explosion.

Once you've blown up all the useful houses, or if you run out of time, just back out and restart the process. Atacama Desert is definitely the best Conquest map. With most of the focus on vehicles, and the large map, it's pretty easy to do this without a whole lot of interruptions from other players. Also, you're not disturbing the gameplay all that much (compared to blowing up your own objectives in Rush).

It's not because he is on your friends list because I tried doing it with a friend and I removed him from my friends list, it must be the amount of players.

Was going to update about this- it has to be down to the players as I unlocked it today when there were more than just us playing. :p

• 1 year later...
Was going to update about this- it has to be down to the players as I unlocked it today when there were more than just us playing. :p

Further update - kept getting the "suicide" problem when my boosting partner ran into the house to die.

I think it may be due to the fact we were in the same squad, then i just joined someone from the opposing side, and neither of us left the actual game. Just a theory.