what sucks about the new dashboard, and xbox.com

Harry Lloyd

The new xbox.com website is terrible.

First - your friends' status. It doesn't say when they're busy or away, all it says is either offline or online. So you're sending your friend a message, and cursing him for not responding, when you look at MGC you find out they're away. Brilliant.

Second - comparing games. Why in God's name does this show OUR games first, and sorts our friend's games alphabetically??? This is insane. The same goes for achievements.

When I'm viewing somebody's profile I wanna see their games first, not mine, just as it was with the old website.

It works the old way on the console, at least there's that.

As for the new dashboard.

Do you ever access a game's marketplace in-game? Well I do, and it always sorted all content chronologically, but not anymore. It's totally random and mixed up.

And it's actually the same in the main marketplace, even if I choose "most recent" or whatever, it still mixes it up.

And always when you accessed the marketplace, you had a nice New Arrivals section, you just had to press the left stick/d-pad up or down and you were able to browse through all the categories.

And now what? You have to enter demos, browse, go back, enter something else, and like that 5 times.

Still, this isn't so terrible, but I don't think it's an improvement.

So to sum up, I hate the new sorting system (or the lack of it) on the console, and I hate pretty much everything about the new xbox.com.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Unfortunately they did, and we can see the results.

I hope somebody else feels the same way.

I agree mate. I expect to see a game's downloads just by pressing Y on "PLAY NOW" part. Now, it's only the achievements. They even removed the install option from there. What the fuck?! Now everytime I want to install a game, instead of just directly going into the game's marketplace by pressing Y on play now, I have to go to Games folder, and click on it there. Same with the downloads. What a load of shit.

Everything is so damned WHITE and BRIGHT!

Also when scrolling through your friends, they tend to pop-out just a little as the rest stay in the backround. So if you're scrolling through at an easy pace your eyes have to adjust and re adjust everytime you go to the next friend...

All in all I think it was designed for me to go blind.

Edit: Boo ya my 500th post, I officially have no life.

They should of had a "turn the lights off" option... i hate sitting there in the dark with a bright light staring at me... what if feel asleep infront of it and then woke up in a daze seeing a bright white light ahead of me... is that what you want Microsoft!!!!

An option to turn the white to a dark grey would of made the dashboard update bearable

Now everytime I want to install a game, instead of just directly going into the game's marketplace by pressing Y on play now, I have to go to Games folder, and click on it there. Same with the downloads. What a load of shit.

Uh, no that's not the only way. My xbox > Game Details (Y) > Install Game.

My only real gripe with the new dashboard is that it's too effing square. I really liked the curvy look of the last version best. Didn't much care for the original blade style, and don't care for how square everything is now. Ugh.

Other than that, it's good.

The new xbox.com website is terrible.

Yes you're not alone, people on other web sites, forums etc agree that the new xbox.com is pretty terrible! For me, comparing games is the most annoying…

When comparing you have no idea what games that person has been playing recently because it displays your games first! Yes you can see the last 3 games the person has played on their main profile screen but that's it.

It's even more annoying for people like me who have quite a lot of played games on my profile, so I have to scroll through soo many of my played games just to see what that person has been playing. I might be scrolling to the bottom of the page just to compare one game only because it's near the bottom of my list.

I can understand they wanted to change the look etc, but why change the system for comparing games? I'm glad they didn't change it on the console.

I really really miss the old website too.

A few things that irk me:

I hate how it moves one of my games down and shows that I've been playing "X-Box Dashboard" when I log into the site. Just show the last 3 three games I've played like the old site did!

The achievement list is completely stupid now. Case in point is Red Dead Redemption.

The DLC is completely mixed up with the original game and I don't even bother using it as a reference anymore.

There used to be an option on the old site that showed you who you were playing against or with online. Where has this been moved to? I found it most helpful.