Hardest lvl on legendary solo?

misery

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Exodus. I had a lot of trouble climbing the building, and defeating everything with the shade turrets because of no ammo. Pillar of Autumn was hard only for the reason that I had to defeat wave after wave of brutes with absolutely NO DMR, Pistol or NR ammo. Only after completing the game, totally legit now, have I discovered hidden weapon caches and ways to skip parts, if not all of some missions.

Long Night of Solace.....Trying to jump down through the forcefield without getting buttfucked by everyone in there....ugh. That was a pain in the ass.

That last room where you have an elite coming through every door....I lasted about four seconds in that room and was about to give up until I realized there's a room in the back you can duck into and let the AI do most of the work. It takes forever, but eventually the AI does kill most of them for you. Picking off the last one or two is pretty easy.

I didn't find level 9 all that difficult. There's plenty of guides on Youtube to let you know where the hidden turrets are, and getting to the end with the scorpion from there is pretty much a cakewalk. Only took me about two tries.

As for the last room in Pillar of Autumn....

Kill the overshield grunts.

Grab the Plasma Launcher and use that to take out the Engineer.

Grab a DMR/Plasma Pistol. Lure the first elite into that little room on the left and take him out with the plasma pistol/headshot.

The other three tend to stay on that ledge in the back. Run about halfway up the stairs on the back wall leading up to the ledge, then use the plasma/headshot combo to take the elites out one at a time.

(Trigger a checkpoint between each step and between each elite kill to make your life easier.)

Took me about 20 minutes. I think I died about 3-4 times.

That last minigame with the gun.....the banshees and phantoms come out in a predefined pattern. Go on Youtube for the pattern of what you should be shooting and when. And don't miss.

I was expecting Legendary to be seven levels of pure hell. It certainly had its frustrating moments, but there are more difficult ones out there.

Long Night of Solace.....Trying to jump down through the forcefield without getting buttfucked by everyone in there....ugh. That was a pain in the ass.

That last room where you have an elite coming through every door....I lasted about four seconds in that room and was about to give up until I realized there's a room in the back you can duck into and let the AI do most of the work. It takes forever, but eventually the AI does kill most of them for you. Picking off the last one or two is pretty easy.

Also, once you learn the Pelican Gun Turret trick it makes the last part laughable:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uommwwzbjdM]‪How To Get Into A Pelican's Turret In The Long Night Of Solace‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, so far it's been Exodus (I only have New Alexandria and Pillar of Autumn left)

Once I realised one supercombine would kill the Chieftains (and any brute) I lol'd.

Took me 90 minutes, the longest I've been on a level so far, with ONI Sword Base in close second at 80 minutes.

Easiest was Winter Contingency. Just sprint the whole level up until the part where it's just you and Jorge. Then PP + DMR headshot the sword elite, done.

EDIT: Finished it about 3 hours ago. Pillar of Autumn is DEFINITELY the hardest one now imo. Most times I'd died (30) and the longest time taken (107 minutes)

Still, as demanding as this achievement sounds, it isn't hard, it's all about being patient.

Oh, and PP+DMR. Lots of PP+DMR.

Edited by Enzo1103
Additional information.

has anyone ever noticed, on the level 'long night of solace" that there are a infinite amount of drop-ships when you get to the sabre facility?

usually i just snag that marines rockets or sniper, and head over to the sabre. never saw anything out of the ordinary, except that the facility is actually the 'countdown' mutiplayer map. until this playthru today, i blew up the wraith down below and waited around while having fun with marines:)

about 30 seconds pass by and 2 drop ships come, one on the lower platform and one across the beach. after you finish off a wave, another ship comes like its firefight or something? i thought it was very interesting, and fun. i got almost a 300 kill streak before i got gunned down by plasma pistols (heroic).

you might think it would get hard after a while, but there is a heap of amo + nades, also the best part is the UNSC drops 5-6 troopers every so often. so they can help, and also provide gun swaps for your spartan:p. has anyone else ever found this little gem? because i know i havent

*previously i thought hijacking emile on the mac cannon (pillar) was the only way to get those extreme kill streak medals for your chest on bungie.net. apparently you can sit back with these marines and just farm any commendation you want (marines spawn with rockets,dmr,sniper,and AR).

Sprinting ahead of Noble Team and hijacking the wraith in Long Night of Solace is one of the three ways I know to get Unfrigginbelievable - the other two being getting on the MAC cannon early and flying around New Alexandria forever. For the Wraith, blast each Spirit's cannon, then back up and kill the 2 Elites, Jackals and Grunts. Repeat approx 200 times.

I got to 378 kills last week before losing motivation.

Edited by CIF

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Long Night of Solace. The part where you have to destroy the seraphs and stuff is super annoying. And it doesn't help that after you destroy all the banshees at rally point alpha, and move on to the seraphs, if you die, you have to start all the way at rally point alpha again. And then you have to wait a minute because they have to tell you what to do...

I've not finished yet, only got The Pillar of Autumn to do but for now:

Winter Contingency is pretty difficult, but only in sense of starting out - you just feel helpless, but once you know what to do it becomes pretty easy. Then Long Night of Solance & Exodus - in order of hardness - is Exodus (Spent 4+hr with breaks trying to beat that level...) then Long Night of Solance, hated last part of level. took me 2 hrs to beat.

New Alexandira isn't too bad, in my opinion. Drop Shield/running away/DMR/Pistol are best friends of mine. But - The Package gets most easiest mission ever on Legendary, in my opinion. Finished it with 13 deaths or less... (not including Nightfall which I, ahem, used forklift glitch for)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...