Online is a joke

jphni12

Regret giving EA my money yet again, seems to be a common thing now. Their greed has ruined the online of this game.

People are buying XP with MSP and maxing out one or two punches and getting 1 hit KO's almost straight away.

I know I'm not that good at the game but when they refuse to show their stats page and you cant take more than 3 punches its pretty obvious what their doing.

I love the single player stuff but without decent/fair online play I wont be keeping it.

Rant over

Now that you're aware people are doing this is there no way of avoiding fighting these people?

Like you say, if their stats are hidden it's a clear indication they've done something cheeky like that.

Also you can join online gymns with decent players to have matches against other decent players.

Don't let losers spoil your fun.

Online games are only as good as the people you're playing with.

Play with better people.

Add me even if you like.

Az

dont be a twat......... the worst thing to say to someone who just spent 40 quid on a broken game. when i buy a game i buy it to win, to test myself via leaderboards to compete with passion brings the ultimate fun........... the bullshit your spinning is like saying ' its ok the left analogue dont work on your controller' you still have the right ,

broken bullshit for fuckin retards.......... the worst bit is of it that i dont fully understand is why do ppl even buy xp packs? you cant say they feel good beating boxers with half their stats? or maybe they do enjoy it and its a glimmer of false fun in a shitty life

I thought you could only buy XP packs in legacy mode.

Online - stats all reset to 78 or something, Then you build up XP by fighting in games.

My problem is i can't win a damn OWC game so no levelling up for me anytime soon.

No, you can buy them online too... that's why so many people have beefed up characters. Took me a long time and a lot of wins to get mine to where he's at. I suggest playing through legacy mode because you unlock medals to increase strength, speed, etc.

What a piece of crap. Now it keeps freezing on me.

I'm getting really disappointed with the quality of games these days. I bought Test Drive Unlimited 2 on release and have yet to play online properly and now this rubbish.

Anyone else freezing especially when the OWC fight is about to start?

Yes I do agree that online is crap. Is there no way to boost OWC matches?

I find it so hard to have any decent fights cos if there overall is less than yours they quit out before fight and if it's more than your knocked out in round one.

so can OWC be boosted?

No probably not. With the ammount of people online atm it would be too hard to find each other. Just do it legit, i dont fight anyone 2 stats out of mine. Chances are if theyve got a big 20 stat punch there gonna keep throwing it with RB and tire themselves out.

I know its a frustrating game tho ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah OWC is not very enjoyable, i'm a level 82 if memory serves and my last 3 fights i've landed more punches, counters/parry's and consistently get one punch stunned and ko'd last fight I countered 5 consecutive times and didn't stun the guy! but he cut me with a jab and ko'd me.... I'm 1-7 and losing ambition to keep fighting, what's the point if it's not reasonably balanced...

Everyone here that has posted should post again on the EA THREAD I created!! We might actually have a chance of them fixing this shit as game if you guys complain in the write spot!!!

Nothing is gonna happen if you complain in this thread so go to the other one and post your rant!!!

EA FORUMS THREAD!!!

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5544065.page

I hate the fact I'm always paired with people 5-6 ranks higher.. surely the fact that you opted out of the fight should suggest u wanna fight someone else.. I end up getting same person 10 times in a row, yet that never happens when come across someone lower. see them once then that's it.

seriously considering just giving it up now.

maybe, it's just so frustrating... think the exp is flawed anyway as I spent majority of points building up a top block with good left right hooks yet opponents just punch straight through my gloves.

What's the point of having a top rated block if I can't block punches... argh, think I'm just gonna stay away from fight nights from now on. It's just a shame there is no other competitior for boxing.. i.e FIFA and PES

• 4 weeks later...
i gave up on the online months ago, far too many decision loses/victories. all anyone wants to do on there is back up the whole time and throw jabs.

Because they want to win... not everybody is gonna brawl toe to toe.. especially if you`re fighting as a higher level... I wouldn`t because that`d mean instant loss no matter how many times I`d hit them.

I quit becuase they`ve found a way to exploit the block where after throwing you`d freeze momentarily... opening you up to punishment.

What a piece of crap. Now it keeps freezing on me.

I'm getting really disappointed with the quality of games these days. I bought Test Drive Unlimited 2 on release and have yet to play online properly and now this rubbish.

Anyone else freezing especially when the OWC fight is about to start?

yeah my game keeps freezing on me too, i was told it has something to do with the 10,000 jabs cheevo and i'm still trying to find a ways to sort it out.

I gave up and sold mine last week along with Sims 3, both EA games and both froze constantly, would have stuck with this game if it hadn't frozen so much, but had to sell the game while it was still worth something. Won't be buying any more games made by EA though, sick of all their freezing issues. I'd get one fight online, sometimes two, then it would freeze when I was matched up with someone, I was restarting the console every 5 minutes.

Even the bare fisted mode didn't work properly, everytime I knocked down the opponent the screen went black and I had to quit back out, I uninstalled everything, redownloaded it all and it was still broken.

This game was just absolute cack from start to finish, at least in my experience, by the time they fix every glitch and bug in it you'll be lucky to get £1 back for it.

Edited by Phunky

• 1 month later...