Difficulty Question?

Mellow Tha Pro

• 2 weeks later...

You can choose New Game+...

Personally, I found them all as easy as each other.

In "Pure Survival"; you get a shitload of resources, you never run out!

In "Hardcore"; you get a shitload of health packs, you never run out! (one could argue the 1 save shit, but use the usb method if needed).

...& "Classic"; well that was just the same as the normal game (apart from the guns).

Out of these 3 difficulties which is easiest? Hardcore, Classic or Pure Survival? And can I do them on new game+ or do I have to start from scratch?

I found Classic the hardest simply because you have limited weapons, those of which can only be unlocked by finding the blue prints. You can't craft anything which makes ammo and health scarce at times. The difficulty is also increased so you take a damn good beating from enemies and of course there's no co-op.

Pure Survival is ok, there's plenty of resources so crafting ammo and health is never an issue.

Hardcore is the same as playing the game on Normal difficulty except if you die then it's all the way back to the start of the game. This however isn't really an issue if you back up your save file every now and again on a memory card or the Cloud. I didn't die once on my play through on this difficulty thankfully, instead i got all the way to the final boss and after the flying sequence the platform that you're supposed to land on never appeared and I fell to my death. Thank god I'd made a back up save at the beginning of the chapter.

They aren't linked to New Game+ so you start from scratch with each mode.

And if you really wanna be cheap and beat Pure Survival and Hardcore easily use the exploit for getting the Devils Horns in all modes.

Edited by The Big LT

• 1 year later...