horrible game

I know I'll get flamed, but I don't care. This is a heck of a horrible game, on so many levels. Do not buy it. Do not rent it. Play it only if you can get it free and you're stuck indoors with a snowstorm with no internet, TV, radio, or book.

I'm glad there are only 4 pages of threads and no stickied bitching post because it means people don't care and this game didn't make a lot of sales. Deservedly so.

I don't even know where to start: animation, the story, the audio (OMG is the audio horrible. Don't use it to cue you as to where enemies are because guys that are in front of you may sound like they are to your side or behind you. Trust your eyes and not your ears.), stupid insistence on hand to hand combat,.... forget it I don't even care. Bottom line: this game sucks. Stay away.

P.S. No need to respond. I will not be visiting this game's forum anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that this game is terrible on almost every scale. But, what really makes it so painful for me to sit and play is the controls. It's annoying when you die because the camera angle goes haywire on you, causing you to miss your combo, or even when you run up to an enemy to do a Disarm or Takedown - there is no option to do so.

Painfully annoying game and the worst I've played in 2011.

• 3 months later...

This game is far from terrible. Broaden your horizons and you will truly understand what awful really is.

Even with the less than perfect controls, its a quick 10-15 hour 1k GS.

Which is why I rented it

After playing through once on normal, I'm enjoying my 2nd playthrough on hard because I'm familiar with the controls. It's fun mixing disarms, headshots, and focus mode to mow dudes down and move quicker through it than my first playthrough.

Not the best quality audio, video, or action, but good pace and variety of action. Worth the current used price. Nobody said a bloody action game had to make sense, and at least it wasn't as boring as a CSI game.

• 2 weeks later...

ugh. really bad game. good thing i only paid $5 for it at Blockbuster. got it along with Iron Man 2 for $10 and enjoyed IM2 a whole lot more. figured i would 1K both of them but i just cant be arsed to put up with the crap in this game. IM2 was a fairly easy 1K and once you get powered up its pretty fun going around wrecking everything.

its true there are far worse games than this but this did not earn any points with me. i liked controlling Shadow much more than Jack, hes faster and can practically 1 hit enemies.

Edited by shinobigarth

• 1 month later...

I'm kinda regretting buying this game.

While it's not the most terrible game I played (I just went through Afro Samurai which I thought was 10 times worse), it's just not worth my time.

The only bright spot is the lighting in the game can be pretty good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Frankly, people who are saying this isn't a bad game need to broaden their horizons. The game's controls are terrible, the visuals are murky and just ugly, the audio is laughable, the "story" is worse than most B movies, and many aspects of it feel either broken or just poorly thought out.

• 2 weeks later...
P.S. No need to respond. I will not be visiting this game's forum anymore.

Sure. We believe you. If you're so afraid of someone getting mad at you for saying something, maybe you just shouldn't say it.

Anyway, I respect your opinion but I disagree with it. I thought the game was fun. Not 60 dollars fun, mind, but I got it for 8 and feel it was worth a bit more than that.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Just got this back from Lovefilm again (first time I had it was in 2010) and completed it on Detective difficulty and despite some frustrating bits I have thoroughly enjoyed replaying this game. Sure it won't win any awards or raise the bar for action games but as a whole it has a lot of nice touches that other games do not.

I have played worse games, but this is the perfect type of game for a rental, where you can whack out your 1000g (then DLC) and forget about it. Play Leisure Suit Larry then tell me this is terrible...

• 2 weeks later...