Achievement Guide

FeudalEra

Guide looks good, thanks!

Do you really think 65+ hours. What is going to take most of the time

Leveling up to 99, most likely.

Also, I want to mention the fact that all of the button combinations that you need to press for certain moves are also mapped to the triggers and bumpers. So, for example, A+B+K is mapped to the :rtbut:, A+B is mapped to :rbbut:, and so on. It's listed in the control menu in options, so you might want to mention that.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1923/UPteAVw=.jpgAdored by Heaven (10http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png):

Perform 20 grapple breaks.

A grapple break is when your opponent goes to grab you and you repel the grab with either another grabble or a move which breaks the hold. Once you perform 50 of these you will earn the achievement. This can be earned in all modes except vs and practice. You can however boost with friends.

Typo? 20 grapple breaks, and you say perform 50.. Hmmm O.o lol, anyway thanks for the guide, it provided some info that I didn't see elsewhere.

Haha i did make a typo, thanks Ill correct that.

Guys you actually cannot boost the whole way for the 'First step of a Legend' achievement. I was able to boost (and get the Ezio achievement) with a private match until like E2 or E3, but after that they stopped giving me rank points. I also tried making a non-private room and boosting that way, but still didn't work. Does anyone have a solution to this? So far the only way I've been able to 'boost' for this achievement is to literally search for opponents and keep skipping people until my boost partner and I were able to find one another. This would take forever so I hope that there's a better option.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1923/UPif8Ho=.jpgMomentary Pleasure (15http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png):

Successfully perform an impact 100 times.

Performing an impact is simply put as a “Guard Impact”. To do a guard impact hold back in the directing you aren’t facing and press a+b+k just a little before your opponent lands an attack, if done correctly you will deflect their attack and this green burst will show. Do this 100 times and you’ll earn the achievement. This can be earned in all modes except vs and practice. You can however boost with friends.

Tip: Some characters such as Xiba, Maxi, Siegfried/Nightmare (during their critical edge) have auto GI's that don't require critical gauge.

Here's how to do them with the following:

Xiba: Well timed critical edge.

Maxi: :abut:+:bbut:

Siegfried/Nightmare: Well timed critical edge.

"For Momentary Pleasure, the achievement can also be earned by using characters' moves that Auto Guard Impact (GI). Example would be Xiba's Critical Edge, Siegfried's ducking stance, and Alpha Patroklos' A+B. Not every character has them but they do not cost meter to use. Much faster."

:abut:+:bbut: = Taunt

What CyberEvil meant was the in game controls of A+B, which are X + Y on the Xbox controller.

Which does not do an auto GI for Maxi, not sure where you got that from.

Also, Sigfried's ducking stance is called "Base Hold" and is Y+B on the Xbox controller.

Edited by yamayamayaamaa

"For Momentary Pleasure, the achievement can also be earned by using characters' moves that Auto Guard Impact (GI). Example would be Xiba's Critical Edge, Siegfried's ducking stance, and Alpha Patroklos' A+B. Not every character has them but they do not cost meter to use. Much faster."

:abut:+:bbut: = Taunt

What CyberEvil meant was the in game controls of A+B, which are X + Y on the Xbox controller.

Which does not do an auto GI for Maxi, not sure where you got that from.

Also, Sigfried's ducking stance is called "Base Hold" and is Y+B on the Xbox controller.

I only use standard SC notation because I play on stick. Also, people change their controls so it just makes things easier. Didn't notice he used the button icons. Good catch.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1923/UPif8Ho=.jpgMomentary Pleasure (15http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png):

Successfully perform an impact 100 times.

This is just a copy pasta from my post in another thread but I did this to bump this guide and help out with it. I know this GI works cause my impact count went up when I tested it in arcade.

The best way to do Momentary Plesure is with a friend of course and do Y hold Y with Xiba so in other words BB in game terms. The first hit is so your friend knows an impact is coming then have said friend do a horizontal since that is what it impacts. Whats good about Xiba's is his auto GI doesnt have an automatic attack come out like Patroklos. So you can set the rounds to 5 and do this til the time runs out.

Edited by Koompbala

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1923/UPvF7Vg=.jpgWind of Battle (10http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png):

Reach over 87,600 m in total movement distance in battle.

There’s no real need for a guide here, but as long as you move your character in matches this achievement will eventually come.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1923/UPnk5O0=.jpgNever Ending Effort (10http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png):

Land an attack 20,000 times.

As you progressively play the game and go for all the other achievements you will land well over 20,000 attacks. Once that is achieved you will earn the achievement.

This achievements can be earned on Practice and VS modes??

This is just a copy pasta from my post in another thread but I did this to bump this guide and help out with it. I know this GI works cause my impact count went up when I tested it in arcade.

The best way to do Momentary Plesure is with a friend of course and do Y hold Y with Xiba so in other words BB in game terms. The first hit is so your friend knows an impact is coming then have said friend do a horizontal since that is what it impacts. Whats good about Xiba's is his auto GI doesnt have an automatic attack come out like Patroklos. So you can set the rounds to 5 and do this til the time runs out.

Alright thanks I'll add them in.

A tips for the "Mask Another’s Memory" achievement:

Start off by doing a bad arcade run. Try to avoid doing ringouts, and use a couple of continues if you want. Just make your completion tims as bad as you can/wish. Then, go to the leaderboards; your score, and then you can scroll down to see people with even worse completion times. Register one of those as your rival, then play through arcade again. You should get the achievement easily.

This is how I did it. Takes an extra run, but whatever. Also, Yoshimitsu is great to use for this, since his 214A+G grab can be used for ring outs if you have your back towards the hole, and 6B+K,B,B,B (I believe it is? The door knocker) can be used if your opponent is close to the hole.

In stages without holes, you can use the aireal suicide to get your opponents health down by like 60%. You can basically use an aireal suicide and a Critical Edge to win a round, they'll get like 1 HP left, tops. Doing aireal suicide is risky of course, but it's a fast way to beat the CPU, since they'll rarely try to hit you in the air, and if they avoid it by moving, it's probably just a fluke.

Edited by Doopliss SWE

A tips for the "Mask Another’s Memory" achievement:

Start off by doing a bad arcade run. Try to avoid doing ringouts, and use a couple of continues if you want. Just make your completion tims as bad as you can/wish. Then, go to the leaderboards; your score, and then you can scroll down to see people with even worse completion times. Register one of those as your rival, then play through arcade again. You should get the achievement easily.

This is how I did it. Takes an extra run, but whatever. Also, Yoshimitsu is great to use for this, since his 214A+G grab can be used for ring outs if you have your back towards the hole, and 6B+K,B,B,B (I believe it is? The door knocker) can be used if your opponent is close to the hole.

In stages without holes, you can use the aireal suicide to get your opponents health down by like 60%. You can basically use an aireal suicide and a Critical Edge to win a round, they'll get like 1 HP left, tops. Doing aireal suicide is risky of course, but it's a fast way to beat the CPU, since they'll rarely try to hit you in the air, and if they avoid it by moving, it's probably just a fluke.

You can avoid doing the extra run by finding someone toward the bottom of the times list right off the bat. When I attempted it, I picked the last guy who had a time of 60 minutes, which is plenty of time to finish.

Just got 1000gs and felt obligated to share a bit of what I learned about the trickier achievements.

There's no fast way around Soul Fulfilled (yet). The two best methods currently are easy arcade runs and E ranked matches in Quick Battle. Some people use turbo controllers with fast single button combo fighters to afk their way to 99, but I just manually did it with my main (Astaroth). If you know your main's moves by heart you can watch TV and do this at the same time with minimal effort.

Most of the "perform X move, Y amount of times" achievements will happen on your way to getting the more time-consuming stuff. For Like a Flowing Stream, performing Just Guards will almost never happen on accident (I had zero until I went out of my way to get them). The easiest way without friends to get a Just Guard is to go into Quick Battle and find a mid to high D ranked match and tap the guard button as fast as possible when they attack. Takes only five minutes, depending on how lucky you are.

It seems lots of people here have found different methods for Momentary Pleasure. I personally used Nightmare's A+B attack (mapped to RB by default) against a D or C rank quick battle. Nightmare's Crit Edge attack also counts as an impact.

Wind of Battle is a huge pain in the ass. By the time I got all the other achievements I had 8000m registered, so you won't get it naturally. I believe the best way is to get a pal and set up a player match with max time and rounds. Voldo is the quickest fighter, so both of you pick him and have one player go up and one go down. Rubber-band your analog and alternate wins so you can maximize your time in player matches. If you don't like bothering friends with stupid achievements like this one, you can instead get into an E rank quick battle on a stage with no edges and just rubber-band your stick to go backwards. You'll have to manually select rematches for both of these methods so it's not completely automated, but you can easily monitor it while doing other things like watching TV. I personally did the single player method over the course of a few days so I can't tell you exactly how long it took, but people are saying to expect anywhere from eight to 12 hours for this.

Edited by Tyba11s

Not sure if the first page is getting updated or not, but I'll just copy my TA post on how I was grinding points for Soul Fulfilled.

Note: Some SC terminology will be used in this solution.

A: Horizontal Attack (X button)

B: Vertical Attack (Y button)

K: Kick (B button)

G: Guard (A button)

It's recommended that you attempt this last (or close to it), as working on other achievements will give you the exp you need to level up.

First you'll want to go into Quick Battle and find an opponent named Rangi. He's an E5 Dampierre character in Japan who uses the Entranced by Death title. Get familiar with Rangi, because you're going to be spending a lot of time with him.

1st Method:

Pick Astaroth or a custom character imitating his style. As soon as the fight starts, spam the unblockable version of his Tornado Spike (Forward, Forward+A, hold B). Rangi will rarely (if ever) make any attempt to avoid or counter this attack. You should be able to end a round in three uses of this move, maybe two if you can catch him on a counter for both attacks. An average round should take about seven ticks of the timer. This method is also very useful for racking up Perfects for the Parrier of Swords achievement, but if you're at the point where reaching Level 99 is your primary concern, you've more than likely already gotten your fifty Perfects.

2nd Method:

The second method takes slightly less time per round, but is more skill-dependent as far as button commands goes.

Pick a custom character using the Devil Jin style. When the round starts, open with a Hell Spiral (Forward, Forward+K, A, K). It doesn't matter if it connects or not; you just need to push Rangi back. Once he gets up, use a Dragon Uppercut and immediately go into the Heaven's Door throw (Forward, Down, Down/Forward [like a Shoryuken motion]+A, hold Up before the punch connects). Heaven's Door should pick Rangi right up off his feet and force him into a Ring Out. He'll rarely attempt to dodge it, but he might block it. Even if he blocks it, he should be pretty close to the edge and a quick Flash Punch Combo (A, A, B) should send him right over. An average round will take about five ticks of the timer with this method. As a bonus, because you didn't win the second round by knockout, you won't have to wait for the stage transition where the background ship destroys part of the stage. This method is also very useful for racking up Ring Outs for the Hands of the Abyss achievement, but if you're at the point where reaching Level 99 is your primary concern, you've more than likely already gotten your fifty Ring Outs.

Using either of these methods will likely rush that character to the top of your Total Style Usage, so if you're a stat monkey, you may want to keep that in mind.