My opinion

Hi guys, I don´t know what will you thing about me but... whatever.

About 2 days ago, I finally bought Oblivion, I played Morrowind and Skyrim, but not Oblivion. After beating Fighters guild and Main Story I think the game is pretty boring and story not so good, also combat is not that good as Skyrim. I know is about 7 years old now but I don´t care how old games are.

I´m more FPS player but I loved some RPG´s like Skyrim, Morrowind, Mass Effect and other numerous games.

I will still give the game a chance + I need achievements from guilds and Shivering Isles DLC, I hope that atleast Dark Brotherhood will be fun.

So, that was just my opinion, don´t hate me for it. What´s your opinion about this?

And last additional information - I hate modern CoDs so don´t call me CoD fanboy or something.

See this topic "does anyone still play this game"

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=401349

I had the exact feeling as you when I started playing it. Recently, after having played Fallout3 and Skyrim in the past, I played this game, and loved it. Yes, it's 7 years old, Skyrim is different, prettier, but better? I don't know.

The main story in Oblivion is ok, but I liked playing the 4 different guilds even better. Pretty simple 1250 too, no extremely difficult tasks, just takes some time. Took me about 70 hours. Definitely give this game a change.

Edit: oh and Max Payne 3 sucked btw :p

See this topic "does anyone still play this game"

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=401349

I had the exact feeling as you when I started playing it. Recently, after having played Fallout3 and Skyrim in the past, I played this game, and loved it. Yes, it's 7 years old, Skyrim is different, prettier, but better? I don't know.

The main story in Oblivion is ok, but I liked playing the 4 different guilds even better. Pretty simple 1250 too, no extremely difficult tasks, just takes some time. Took me about 70 hours. Definitely give this game a change.

Edit: oh and Max Payne 3 sucked btw :p

So, I just completed almost all of the quests, except Mages, so far it was still boring and I´m doing it only for cheevos, but Dark Brotherhood was fun sometimes, but in Skyrim I had much more fun doing any quest from guilds (except Companions...)

So it´s just Mages guild and Shivering Isles now!

Btw: Max Payne 3 rocked the world and changed it´s shape! Ohhh, yeah!

Hi guys, I don´t know what will you thing about me but... whatever.

About 2 days ago, I finally bought Oblivion, I played Morrowind and Skyrim, but not Oblivion. [...]

That's your problem. My advice: Play games in order that are meant to be played in order... Especially if you don't want to be disappointed by an absolute step back, both visually and in terms of control.

For me, I thought it was over-rated at first. Kept hearing it's a great game and all this then when I finally got around to playing it, I was slightly disappointed. I thought it was a grind to get the original 1000 too.

Looking back and thinking though, for me at least, it's an "ok at best" kind of game. It had it's fun parts.

That's your problem. My advice: Play games in order that are meant to be played in order... Especially if you don't want to be disappointed by an absolute step back, both visually and in terms of control.

Thanks for advice, but nah, that´s not my problem, I really love most of the old games more even through I played newer games from that specific game series, but here in TES, I actually never played this game-series until 2009 when I just bought Morrowind for like 100,- Kč (4Euro or 5$), and it was just awesome, spend really lot of hours in it, then there were many other games so I just didn´t even think about playing Oblivion.

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion: Oblivion >>> Skyrim. My friends give me grief, but I just can't explain it. Skyrim is just so watered down to me. I love Oblivion for what it is and can play for hours on end; in Skyrim, I get bored after an hour.

The atmosphere, quest-lines, story, magic and equipment, and just the little attention to detail in dungeons. I love Oblivion. To each their own.

• 4 months later...

Im with the original thread maker. This is agonizingly boring. Skyrim was all the things this game got right and none of it that was wrong. And being 7 years old is no excuse. I played condemned: criminal origins about half a year ago and that was really good. Graphics were slight worse than this but the story had me entertained. This should just be called Library The Game

http://www.xboxgamercard.org/gamercard-generator/xbl_image.php?gamertag=Hadley78

• 3 months later...