Theives Guild Special Job Glitch

I am having the same problem. Ive done the other 3 special jobs but I cant get any from Solitude.

The other thing of interest is a lot of times they will give me the job and say heres your mission BUT the job will never load. That music never plays and the Started : Burglary job (or whatever) does not load. I am assuming these are the Solitude jobs and for some reason they just wont load up. Anyone who has any idea if there is something else needed to be finished or anything to get these to load would be a life saver.

Thanks.

Just save prior to asking for a job and if it isn't in Solitude, reload. I know its frustrating but that's what I did.

You can also just quit the job and ask for a new one. The problem is when the Solitude jobs seem to be given, the job wont activate. They will say will you take this job, you say yes and then they give you the info, only the quest is never added to your quest list.

Just save prior to asking for a job and if it isn't in Solitude, reload. I know its frustrating but that's what I did.

As I said already, I have sat there and got jobs and turned them down for around half an hour without Solitude showing up, so there has to be something wrong.

As I said already, I have sat there and got jobs and turned them down for around half an hour without Solitude showing up, so there has to be something wrong.

Don't turn them down. Save, ask for a job, reload if it isn't for Solitude. Also, try different jobs, shill, heist, etc. Also, are you asking both Dev & Vex for jobs? I'd always get a job from one, then from the other, then head to the town for both jobs at once.

I'll try your reloading method and see if that helps. Also, I am getting jobs from both of them just because it's more efficient obviously. I'm trying all the different types of jobs too and I still can't get solitude

Any luck yet?

I am just wondering if the people who are saying just keep trying woudl also get jobs that didnt activate the way I am. If there is something in Solitude needed to be done or something I did wrong there that is causing this to glitch and not let the Solitude jobs start for me:(

• 1 year later...

I've a similar problem I can get jobs in Solitude using the reload method but this last "Special Request" in Solitude just will not appear. I've done loads of jobs in Solitude but nothing. Plus to top this off any jobs they give me in Raven Rock simply cannot be completed any pocket I pick you get caught whether they are asleep I'm hidden doesn't matter and my sneak skill is 89. Plus stealing items doesn't count towards bedlam either in Raven Rock. I'm currently trying to complete all sub quests to see if that has any effect IE the stones of Bazeriah etc

To note people also trying this the bartender has quests as does the main merchant in the Flaggon.

I've a similar problem I can get jobs in Solitude using the reload method but this last "Special Request" in Solitude just will not appear. I've done loads of jobs in Solitude but nothing. Plus to top this off any jobs they give me in Raven Rock simply cannot be completed any pocket I pick you get caught whether they are asleep I'm hidden doesn't matter and my sneak skill is 89. Plus stealing items doesn't count towards bedlam either in Raven Rock. I'm currently trying to complete all sub quests to see if that has any effect IE the stones of Bazeriah etc

To note people also trying this the bartender has quests as does the main merchant in the Flaggon.

It's probably best not to take jobs to Raven Rock, the Bedlam job there is definitely glitched. Better to work on the cities that you need for the Reputation Quests. All you have to do is five for each city and the Reputation quest will automatically be the next one.

Don't know why you haven't gotten the Solitude one, I just finished that questline with no problems the other day. The quests from Vekel the Man and Tonila don't count towards the overall Guild quests that improve the Guild. They are just extra miscellaneous quests.

Mmm! Just about to start working on this,and having read up it im a little apprehensive!

It's not too bad, the quests are pretty easy. You just have to do 5 quests for each of the main cities (Windhelm, Whiterun, Solitude, and Markarth).

Once you get 5 for each city, then you'll get a Reputation quest for that city. Once all completed, then you'll be able to finish the Thieves Guild.

If you are going for the achievement, save your game before they give you your quest, that way you can reload until you get the city you need.

There's no need to do quests in any other city unless you're trying to earn all the rewards that go on the Guildmaster shelves in the Cistern. To get all of those you need to do 125 quests from Delvin or Vex.

It's not too bad, the quests are pretty easy. You just have to do 5 quests for each of the main cities (Windhelm, Whiterun, Solitude, and Markarth).

Once you get 5 for each city, then you'll get a Reputation quest for that city. Once all completed, then you'll be able to finish the Thieves Guild.

If you are going for the achievement, save your game before they give you your quest, that way you can reload until you get the city you need.

There's no need to do quests in any other city unless you're trying to earn all the rewards that go on the Guildmaster shelves in the Cistern. To get all of those you need to do 125 quests from Delvin or Vex.

Cheers for the heads up.all seems fairly straight forward regards the achievement? My only concern is being offered the required number of quests in each of the four cities to trigger the rep quest,even using the "save before you pick the quest up" method.some ppl seem to struggle with this! Quality questline up to this point, but i think completing the "darkness returns" quest should have wrapped this questline up.many ppl report returning the guild to its former glory to be a long & mundane task,back & forth,boring! Shame. Get this knocked out then the deadric quests.cant wait for those!

Cheers for the heads up.all seems fairly straight forward regards the achievement? My only concern is being offered the required number of quests in each of the four cities to trigger the rep quest,even using the "save before you pick the quest up" method.some ppl seem to struggle with this! Quality questline up to this point, but i think completing the "darkness returns" quest should have wrapped this questline up.many ppl report returning the guild to its former glory to be a long & mundane task,back & forth,boring! Shame. Get this knocked out then the deadric quests.cant wait for those!

UPDATE- just completed this with no problems to report.super easy using the "save before picking missions up" method,had to wait a short while for my last two markarth jobs though! Did "numbers" for del and "burglary" for vex all the way (easiest imo) but i only got my last two markarth jobs by switching to "fishing" and "shill" jobs.could have just been coincidence markarth was offered when i switched? Ill never know but a doddle all the same,if not a little tedious!