Hard the Hard Way

Bar Of Clay

Gave this one about 20 minutes worth of trying this morning. I'm down to two faults consistantly but the log jump always seems to bite me and when I do make it first try I do something stupid soon after. Definitely a good challenge.

That log jump is the hardest part. If you can get that down, the rest is fairly easy.

That log jump is the hardest part. If you can get that down, the rest is fairly easy.

Yes, get that log jump down and you got it. It's a bit tricky because you can't really bunny hop with the Rattler.

I did it like that: Lean forward first, then full throttle while leaning back, then when you're about to reach the end of the log, lean forward again and make the bike jump. Takes a bit of practice though.

• 1 month later...
For me the hardest part is the stupid pipes at the beginning, the one with the bomb inside it. I always fall short and land in the middle. Advice?

Try watching the sticks in this video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO-N6hHuYeY]Trials Evolution - Hard the Hard Way Achievement Guide - YouTube[/ame]

Basically, go full speed and once your front tire touches the wooden plank that connects to the pipe, put all your weight forward, with full power, and you should make it every time.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I need some serious advice for that damn log jump. Don't bother posting videos because they haven't helped. Nobody actually explains HOW to make it, seeing the controls doesn't help much either. I'm just lost at this jump.

I can do the rest of the entire track without faulting easily, it's just this one damn jump. They should have made the log on the right just a couple feet longer. :mad:

Edited by Nevander

This is a re-post of my method which i originally posted in the Achievement Guide thread, worked for me:

THE LOG JUMP!

Set your rear tyre at the end of the last plank of wood, you should be sitting just behind the checkpoint. lean your rider all the way back.

Now full throttle holding BACK until nearly the end and flick forward.

If you land this, the rest is cake.

Edited by LDHughes