If you miss real Halo

lifeexpectancy

Don't know about anyone else here, but I still play Combat Evolved PC on the weekly basis. You know you'll run into me when you come across my username.

SublimeThug

What's the Team Throwdown playlist? More objective/team based stuff?

I still want the Forge test playlist to make a comeback, Shutout was a welcome entry.

Depends on what people vote, it's KOTH, Extraction, Oddball, CTF and Slayer from what I've seen. If you go in with 3 or 4 people you can usually control the vote so if you want slayer you'll have a better chance. Randoms seem to vote KOTH and CTF a lot, but theres always at least one slayer option in the vote if not two so you still get a decent mix of games.

No armor abilities, BR starts, weapons on the MAP for god sakes hallelujah. And the forged maps are decent especially the remake of lockout. I haven't seen any other remakes yet. 110% movement speed even though you still have sprint. Only thing you get in ordinance is AA's (thruster, shield, and hologram always seem to be the only choices).

My buddy picked up rockets and !gasp! he was the ONLY player on the map with rockets! Crazy huh?

It makes for a very fun, fast-paced, but more classic feel. Kill times haven't been changed as they were already fast enough in Halo 4. I had more fun this morning than I've ever had playing Halo 4, maybe enough to come back to it if this playlist sticks around.

Oh, and NO instant respawn either so you don't get waxed by someone you JUST killed while fighting his buddy.

I also had fun in the 2v2 playlist even though it has all the bad Halo 4 changes still in it. I think they're less of a nuisance with only 2 enemy players as the frequency of ordinance drops is drastically reduced. Of course that may be because my buddy and I never lost a game that I can recall so the other guys weren't getting many drops lol.

Edited by lifeexpectancy

Yeah its definitely how they SHOULD'VE handled AAs and ordinance from the beginning. You still get your ordinance reward but its just an AA, and not the two abused ones (camo and PV), and if you die you lose the AA. Also it seems like the recharge time is longer even when you do get it so it doesn't imbalance the game too much. Its VERY refreshing not to see rockets/snipers/dmg boost/etc all over the place all the time.

One odd change I'm not certain about is that motion tracker only shows friendlies not enemies. It changes the flow a bit and makes people much more willing to rush you, but it feels like a neutral change not a bad one. Although I can see it being more of a hindrance to rookies than vets. It basically gives it a bit of a 'slayer pro' feel since that mode has no radar and you usually know where your allies are anyway.

Edited by lifeexpectancy

There are still killstreaks in this and therefore not real Halo. EDIT: So you're telling me there are AA's in this as well? Good grief somebody let this game die already.

343, when you decide to stop raping my favorite game in both gameplay and story (Cortana dead, Halsey a bad guy with one arm) I might be willing.. ahh who am I kidding you won't stop.

343, when you decide to stop raping my favorite game in both gameplay and story (Cortana dead, Halsey a bad guy with one arm) I might be willing.. ahh who am I kidding you won't stop.

Main characters need to die sometimes. I don't see any fault in them killing off Cortana (although I loved her character).

Main characters need to die sometimes. I don't see any fault in them killing off Cortana (although I loved her character).

But how the hell am I going to navigate my way around Halo 5 without my designated door-opener? We're fucked.

edit: upon thinking about it, maybe this is my answer..

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/041/2/5/forerunners_by_azakachi_rd_17-d5uizsm.jpg

Edited by Hishoa

There are still killstreaks in this and therefore not real Halo. EDIT: So you're telling me there are AA's in this as well? Good grief somebody let this game die already.

Dont knock it till u play it. The only thing you get for "killstreaks" is a choice of the 3 weakest AAs as your ordinance and you lose it when you die. It is lightyears better than the stock Halo 4 multiplayer.