Guard Achievements Question

Zeth07

I'm trying to get 1000 for this game, but i had a question or two about the guards achievement. When the game starts it asks me to update and I don't update it since i don't want the achievements to change in-game, partly because i've read it changes how you have to unlock Musashi Miyamoto. I do not plan on getting the expansion, so i'll still need the guards after i unlock Musashi. (and Ranmaru Mori.... who i forgot)

My question is if I update the game AFTER i get Musashi can i still get Kojiro and Katsuie the same old way, or will it change to the new descriptions of having to buy both guards from the expansion that i don't have?

I want to update the game so that i can be on Xbox Live while i finish those last two achievements. I think i've read that to be on the 1000's list you can't have ALL achievements with no dates on em, and if i continue to play without updating thats what will happen. I figure after i get Musashi i can update and just go about getting Kojiro and Katsuie the same old way (hopefully) and it'll give me a date/timestamp. Any help/info would be appreciated.

• 2 months later...