Game keeps crashing?

HitmanIV

I recently bought Saints Row 2, and now my game keeps on crashing at certain points in the game. EVERY time I play. I took the disc back and got a replacement now it is doing the exact same:(. I cant go over one certain bridge or go onto a certain point of grass at one point of a mission. I also cannot do the first stunt jump needed to be done to be able to complete the 3rd mission were you need to recruit gang members to start of the Saints. Anyone got any ideas of how to solve this? Is it my xbox or just a series of buggy disc's that have been made?

Any help is much appreciated:).

I don't think I had a single session of SR2 that lasted over at least an hour where the game did not lock up on me...on a good night, it would go for 3+ hours before it would lock up..but it always locked up. However, mine would lock up completely at random (at least random as far as I could tell).

I don't think it is your disc. It is just a buggy as hell game...and they still have not released a patch. Lucky for me, I am done with this game.

This game has a lot of freezing issues, but if you install it to your HD than it will freeze a lot less often

I cant even install the game to my HDD, it comes up saying that the disc is unreadable, when this is the second disc I have had and still cant notice any scratches or marks on the disc's surface:mad:

Thanks for the info everyone else ;).

Just install to the hard drive and it should be better ;)

I cant install it to the hard drive though, this is the second disc I have had and both dont install, but there is no visible damage to the disc.

I am completely stumped now:(.

You having problems with any other games at the moment?

Nah I'm not having any problems with other games at all, I am having problems with my connection to Xbox Live and the internet though, but that wouldn't affect a disc not playing surely.

I know :(. I have made around three new save games now, and every time it still crashes at a certain point on a bridge, a certain distance away from a checkpoint in a mission & also I can only enter the trailer park area from one direction otherwise it crashes. I am completely lost now :(

try [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETpXgoGelA0]clearing your xbox cache[/ame] could be that the update has messed with your game or didn't DL right. Try redownloading the updates see if that helps, if not try clearing again and playing without the updates, after that I'm not sure what to suggest.

Luckily I think I have managed to solve the problem :) I managed to get it installed to my hard drive now it seems to be running smoothly, only one freeze so far :D, if I have any more problems I will post here again.

Thanks for all the help guys :D, much appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...

Games installed to the HD are not exempt from freezing, especially when a lot of freezing occurs whilst uninstalled. TC, do you have a stained copy of the disc? By that I mean is the color on the reading side nonuniform? My disc was a launch disc and looks like something was spilled on it. This may or may not have to do with the freezing