"Ghost" On My TV.

HitmanIV

That of course depends on the TV. But yes, most should have them by now, its usually called something like Screen Burn-In Protection, or White Wash. Something to that effect. Be warned, you may not like what you see when you activate it lol.

In future, dont leave a static image on your screen for too long, and if you do, immediately do a white wash, you are just reducing the lifetime of your screen. What I do is if I know I am going AFK for a bit, even a few minutes, but I dont want to turn the box off, I just flick over to TV on my screen so that it has something to do.

What I do is if I know I am going AFK for a bit, even a few minutes, but I dont want to turn the box off, I just flick over to TV on my screen so that it has something to do.

I should really do this. However, when i purchased my TV I bought it specifically to use as a PC monitor. Its a Samsung series 6, its designed not to have dead pixels, or picture burn in. I've had it for about 7 months now and I haven't noticed anything. Its got a 3 year warranty on everything though which is really good. Alot of TV's on the market will only cover dead pixels depending on how many pixels are actually dead in a certain area. Rather than the whole TV.

Must be a plasma...while some people claim LCDs "can" be burned in...it's BS...else my computer monitor would have Windows' start logo burned into it.

If it's not quite old it should have anti-burn-in features, along with a "wash" feature that will either go all white or have a white bar that scrolls the screen. Remember also that just because you see the image doesn't mean it is permanently burned in. It could be light image retention that will go away after a few minutes and hasn't caused any permanent damage. If any burn-in is still new it can probably be cleaned away to the point it's not noticeable with a white wash.

Giving a plasma TV a good warm-up period when it's new (first 100 hours) is also a good idea before displaying any kind of static image.

I should really do this. However, when i purchased my TV I bought it specifically to use as a PC monitor. Its a Samsung series 6, its designed not to have dead pixels, or picture burn in. I've had it for about 7 months now and I haven't noticed anything. Its got a 3 year warranty on everything though which is really good. Alot of TV's on the market will only cover dead pixels depending on how many pixels are actually dead in a certain area. Rather than the whole TV.

Damn fine choice there Selections, thats exactly what I have. Fricking love my TV. I too have been impressed with how little issue there is with burn in, but once my gf was playing the Wii and some disc read error came up but I wasnt home, so she left the message on the screen so I could see it when I got home..... 30 minutes later. The message was WHITE TEXT on a BLACK BACKGROUND! Needless to say I wasnt impressed, and that DID leave a residual image, but with a few minutes of the white screen of cleansing it was gone.

• 2 weeks later...