X360A Ultimate FAQ (Please Read First!)

Fizzmatix

X360A Ultimate FAQ

This thread should help clear up a few of the more common questions, and how to get started with your account. Some things may seem rather confusing, but you should be able to find your answer below.

!!! Spam Precaution !!!

Due to several issues with spam bots, you won't be able to edit your profile details until you hit 5 posts. This includes signatures, gamertag's (unless you entered one when you signed up), avatars etc. You will be presented with the following message while trying to edit your profile until you hit the above post count:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Once you hit the magic number of 5 posts, you will see this message every time until you do. If you're caught spamming your posts will be removed, and a possible short ban or infraction will be issued.

===================

Getting Started: Some of the most common questions are user profile related. The following information is a good place to start if you're wanting to learn more about the site's features.

Posts & Threads

Before you jump in and start making posts always use the search function, if you can't find anything, look around the forum before posting. There are a few threads that you'll see in each individual game forum.

• Search before you post
  • Don't double post
  • Abusive posts will not tolerated
  • Do not bump threads

These are just three basic rules that apply to the whole forum, you can see the rest of the forum rules Here.

Profiles

Posting

Guide Writing

Reporting Issues: If you either run into an issue with a member or find a mistake on the website these links may be useful.

Broken/Missing

Member Issues

After reading through these threads you should be an expert in maintaining your profile. You also know everything about achievement guides, roadmaps and all the other small but interesting parts to this forum.

Getting Tech: There are quite a few technical based questions, there are also plenty of threads to answer your questions. The following threads cover several of the most common questions, if you can't find an answer to your question, feel free to post in the forum below:

Graphics/Media: If you're after a custom signature you can find a large group of talented users who will be able to aid your requests. If you have any other graphic based questions you can also find tutorials and ask for help with your own projects:

Game Related: If you want to find out game specific information the following threads may prove useful:

If you have any questions regarding a certain game please post those questions in the forum for that game.

Edited by Creech

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Admins/Mods

You can contact any of the staff using the following profile links. We don't always have time to reply, so please be patient with our replies.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/awards/ADMIN-L.png http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/awards/SUPERMOD-L.png http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/awards/MOD-L.png

Admins

Super Moderators

Moderators

Other Staff

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/awards/GRAFFIXTEAM-L.png http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/news/guideawardbig.png http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/awards/PRESSTEAM-L.png http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/awards/REVIEWTEAM-L.png

If you would like to pass on information to the different teams regarding reviews, press material or guides and graphics you can email any of the users below.

Graphics Team

Guide Team

Press Team

Review Team

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/awards/CLUBSDIRECTOR-L.png

Club Director's

Edited by Creech

Someone sent me a message offering me free Microsoft points, is this legitimate?

Before you even think about this, just delete the message and report it. Most likely the user is trying to phish your account. Do not pass on any personal information to other users.

Why do I get this message when I search: 'Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms'?

Your search is to general, you need to refine the words your looking for, if your looking for a thread on a certain game got o that section of the board and search in the games subforum.

Why won't my MGC card display properly?

This is a technical issue you will need to take up with MGC.net, current news from the site owner has stated they are having server issues.

How do I display an x360a gamercard in my sig?

Refer to this thread to find out how.

Why did my signature get deleted?

This probably happened because your signature was to big. The size limitations are 500px by 300px, a signature pushing these dimensions is far to big and may be why your signature was removed.

How do I earn the word of mouth award?

Asking for this award isn't allowed, representing the website and spreading the word is the best way to work towards it. Do NOT ask mods or admins for this award.

How does x360a get achievement icons so soon?

This is on a need to know basis which only a few staff members here know.

I submitted a few achievement icons, why didn't i get credit?

Someone else probably beat you to it, it's very rare for a random user to find icons before the admins of this website.

Why did another user get their guide added over mine?

The guide team get various submission from multiple users. If your guide isn't up to the quality of another current guide yours may be discarded. The best way to avoid having your guides declined are to put as much effort into each guide as you can. If there are other users writing guides collaborate with them if you think you could help them improve and make one decent guide.

Why did I get joint credit with someone else on my guide?

When guides are processed if there are more than one guide we take the best parts from each guide and give the authors credit. Most of the information you posted may have been written by you but some parts may have been taken from another guide.

Edited by Fizzmatix

• 4 weeks later...

Xbox 360 Error Codes

Before you read this section do not attempt to repair your xbox if it is under any sort of warranty. Call 1-800-4-MY-XBOX and talk to their customer support and how to resolve your issue.

If you're unsure if you have any of the following errors you will be presented with a black screen with white text and an error code.

This list is a very basic breakdown of the most common issues related to each code. Some codes have various issues related to them as well. See the following information and link to find out more.

• E45: Unknown
  • E64: DVD Drive Error
  • E65: DVD Drive Error
  • E66: DVD Drive Error
  • E67: Hard Drive Error
  • E68: Hard Drive Error
  • E69: Hard Drive Error
  • E70: Unknown, possibly a bad harddrive connection.
  • E71: Possible Dashboard update error.
  • E72: Unknown
  • E73: General Hardware Error
  • E74: AV cable error
  • E76: Unknown
  • E77: Unknown
  • E79: Hard Drive Error

This is just a general list, the errors you may see might not have anything to do with what is listed above.

If you have a more specific error code and want to try to fix it yourself as your console is out of warranty see the Lamma detailed guide for further information.

Edited by Fizzmatix

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

No were in the FAQ does it say how I can remove my gamertag and all information about me from the site. I had submitted a issue to the complaints board about some people from this site. A few with x360a in there name. They were egging people on and harrassing other gamers. And since they promote this site. I do not want to be affiliated with this site. So how do you remove yourself from the site?

No were in the FAQ does it say how I can remove my gamertag and all information about me from the site. I had submitted a issue to the complaints board about some people from this site. A few with x360a in there name. They were egging people on and harrassing other gamers. And since they promote this site. I do not want to be affiliated with this site. So how do you remove yourself from the site?

You can't delete your account, if you want to remove information you just go to the user control panel and delete the select information. Your account will always be active though.

That is something you will have to take up with the admins.

• 4 weeks later...

!!! IMPORTANT NOTICE !!!

All new users will have to make 10 posts as a minimum requirement before they can edit their profile details. This includes: Gamertags, Signatures, Avatars etc.

well that bites I have been looking for a solid answer in the faqs for as to why i cant edit my profile now that I do I gota say: Now i gota find 10 threads to reply to b4 i can set up my profile the way i want it.:: think its a little lame but whatever lol all the same thanks for the info

(1 of 10) lol

well that bites I have been looking for a solid answer in the faqs for as to why i cant edit my profile now that I do I gota say: Now i gota find 10 threads to reply to b4 i can set up my profile the way i want it.:: think its a little lame but whatever lol all the same thanks for the info

(1 of 10) lol

It's a small price to pay for a spam bot free website. There is only one down side which i have noticed, now users are making lots of useless irrelevant posts to reach the 10 minimum requirement.

It's a small price to pay for a spam bot free website. There is only one down side which i have noticed, now users are making lots of useless irrelevant posts to reach the 10 minimum requirement.

So THAT is why I couldn't edit my profile....well...here goes my first of ten.

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously though, even if you're like me and don't usually post to forums, it IS a small price to pay for not having to read through "VISIT WWW[DOT]SOMESTUPIDWEBSITE[DOT]COM" mumbo-jumbo you'll see on, say, YouTube. Here, the comments are actually worth reading and not just some footnote.

Hi, yes good to have change, yes. But having gone though loads of pages with it saying read this read that before you do etc. er yes ok,

I do have to say ok i will try my best to do the new things that you have asked but i do have issues with not being able to update my profile signature etc.

Sorry but ive had noithing but problems with this new thing, oh well.

1of10 lol

Edited by BernadetteUcl
added words and spelling

Well, you see... you can't really blame people for posting things they wouldn't have already posted with this rule in place. Neccesity = less interested. Less interested = less interesting. In the words of Harvey Danger "Well, if you're bored, then you're boring."

X360A Ultimate FAQ

This guide should help clear up a lot of repeat questions. The following information will guide you towards the answers you may be looking for, if there is something missing please let me know.

Getting Started: Some of you have probably asked some of these questions before so here are a few threads to cover everything you need from profile maintenance to achievement guide preparation.

!!! IMPORTANT PROFILE CHANGE !!!

=========================

All new users will have to make 10 posts as a minimum requirement before they can edit their profile details. This includes: Gamertags, Signatures, Avatars etc.

DO NOT SPAM YOUR WAY TO 10 POSTS.

=========================

Posts & Threads

Before you jump in and start making posts always use the search function, if you can't find anything look around the forum before posting. There are a few threads that you'll see in each individual game forum. Read how to use the stickies before making new threads.

• Search before you post
  • Don't double post
  • Abusive posts are not tolerated
  • Do not bump threads

If those basic posting rules aren't enough here is a list of forum/site rules for your to look over. Breaching these rules will lead to either infractions or a ban depending on your offense so make sure you know them and use common sense at all times.

Forum/Site Rules

Profiles

Posting

Guide Writing

Submission Rules and Guidelines

Reporting Issues: If you either run into an issue with a member or find a mistake on the website these links may be useful.

Broken/Missing

Member Issues

After reading through these threads you should be an expert in maintaining your profile. You also know everything about achievement guides, roadmaps and all the other small but interesting parts to this forum.

Getting Tech: There are quite a few technical based questions and plenty of threads to answer your questions. There are plenty of threads which may have answered your questions but there are other resources which may prove useful.

There are a lot of technical questions to ask so dig through the tech forum to see if anyone else has asked what your looking for.

Graphics: If your after a custom signature you can find a large group of talented users who will be able to aid your requests. If you have any other graphic based questions you can also find tutorials and ask for help with your own projects.

Game Related: If you want to find out game specific information the following threads may prove useful.

If you have any questions regarding a certain game please post those questions in the forum for that game.

thank you i was trying to figure that out.

• 1 month later...

pretty sure this will be a VERY BASIC question... and im sorry... but hopefully it only needs a basic answer :)

is there any way of finding threads i have posted in? e.g if i have asked a question in a game thread, someone has answered it, and ive forgetten about it... is there any 'search my posts' or such-like that would show it to me?

pretty sure this will be a VERY BASIC question... and im sorry... but hopefully it only needs a basic answer :)

is there any way of finding threads i have posted in? e.g if i have asked a question in a game thread, someone has answered it, and ive forgetten about it... is there any 'search my posts' or such-like that would show it to me?

Click your username and go to your profile. You will then need to click the stats tab and you can view either posts or thread from there.