Normal or Inverted?

FatalDeathSG45

Just out of curiosity: In FPS games, how many of you use a Normal stick layout (up is up and down is down), and how many use an Inverted stick layout (up is down and down is up)?

I use the Normal layout, but believe it or not I used Inverted once when I first played Halo on the XBOX 1. Some time later I switched to Normal :p

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing games like Wing Commander III and IV and the XWing/TieFighter games got me used to inverted because I used a flight stick and not a mouse for those. I always kind of looked at those games as pseudo-FPS games (you aim a crosshair and you shoot) so for some reason when I started playing console shooters I played them inverted (I stress console because I don't play PC shooters with an inverted mouse).

So, yes. When it comes to console shooter games I am one of those "weirdos" that plays inverted.

Edited by bigbear.

Oh no I feel outnumbered! I use inverted, always have. For some reason the concept for me always was that the stick was my players head. So naturally I would push forward on that stick and the head looks downwards right? and I pull back on it and looks up. I mean if you put your hand on your players head and pulled it back, they would look up right? I'm da fuckn puppetmasta

Normal. I can't stand inverted. The bat-a-rang in Arkham City was inverted and it drove me nuts.

My girlfriend prefers inverted. She doesn't like when it's normal.

I'm pretty sure you could change the settings for the batarang :p