Achievements Remaining Locked

VenomFoxhound

I was directed here by a Microsoft Support member. Essentially, I've run into some trouble unlocking a couple achievements. For some reason, "Enkindle" and "Host of Embers" remain locked for me, even though I've beaten the game. Looking at my achievements via the Xbox One, both achievements show 100% of the requirements met, but they remain locked. I created a new character and lit the first bonfire/beat the first boss again, but still did not get the achievement.

Anyone else run into this, or have an idea of how to fix it? It's not a huge deal, but I was hoping to get 100% of the achievements for this game. Thanks!

Xbox Support sends people here... but like we end up saying over and over again, we are not in any way affiliated with Microsoft or Xbox and can offer nothing other than advice we figure out from all the times an inept support member says we can help.

Whenever this pops up, the only solution is: Wait.

Feel free to try whatever else you like but it is on their end and there is nothing anyone can do. Sadly. This has happened to pretty much everyone now and it would be great if Microsoft just started telling the truth instead of suggesting us.

Either way, welcome, my friend :)

Yeah, I figured that after checking around the site. How odd! The email literally says, "Here is the link of our achievements forums: http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/dark-souls-3/overview/

All you need to do is to sign in on tat link and post a thread. Our team should be able to contact you within 24 hours as they need to check your account."

Maybe there's some secret Microsoft employee lurking around these forums on the lookout for these threads. Anyways, thanks!

Xbox Support sends people here... but like we end up saying over and over again, we are not in any way affiliated with Microsoft or Xbox and can offer nothing other than advice we figure out from all the times an inept support member says we can help.

Whenever this pops up, the only solution is: Wait.

Feel free to try whatever else you like but it is on their end and there is nothing anyone can do. Sadly. This has happened to pretty much everyone now and it would be great if Microsoft just started telling the truth instead of suggesting us.

Either way, welcome, my friend :)

Just curious, is there any instance out there where an achievement stays perma locked in this status? I have experience the "Done...Unlocking" nonsense, as well as some delayed pops, but nothing too long in terms of waiting.

Sitting in the same boat I'm afraid. Enkindle just never unlocked. Though it is pretty useful to trick people into thinking that you're a badass who doesn't need to use bonfires ;)

Hasn't unlocked for me or my best friend either. Longest time I've ever had to wait was exactly 7 days for Flawless Raider in Destiny (if you know what that achievement is, you can imagine how scared like a little girl I was when it didn't pop for me but for everybody else in the team). I've also heard about a Forza 6 achievement locked for a couple of months for a ton of people.

Hi to everyone. I'm an italian guy who was sent here for the same reasons. My achievement is Covenant: Blu Sentinels, armored on "Done! Unlocking...", and this is about a week (7 days) that i'm fighting against support chat to solve it someways: reinstall your game, wait, remove your profile, wait, than re-download it, wait, think about your life progress, wait, try not to kill someone, wait...

Last thing they said to me just today is to check out this http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4270/t/1958241.aspx than complete the "survey". Ridiculous.

So, the problem is the service of the achievements via network, that is reliable like Patches with Horsehoof Ring...

Ha ha that was funny :)

I know that's not the answer you wanna read, but all you can do is wait. I've never seen an achievement not unlock at some point, even if sometimes it takes updates and things like that to do the trick. Some achievements unlock after a day, some after a month. If it's still locked in a month, then it also probably will be for all of us as a lot of us have the same problem. I even tried to restart my play through, make sure I was logged in and online because the first time around I was offline, and it still didn't unlock.

Ha ha that was funny :)

I know that's not the answer you wanna read, but all you can do is wait. I've never seen an achievement not unlock at some point, even if sometimes it takes updates and things like that to do the trick. Some achievements unlock after a day, some after a month. If it's still locked in a month, then it also probably will be for all of us as a lot of us have the same problem. I even tried to restart my play through, make sure I was logged in and online because the first time around I was offline, and it still didn't unlock.

Understood... It's just an annoying situation... very annoying...

Anyway, i'm playing offline but i still got others achievements, so it seems that this is not a variable that affects achievements.

I've had this a lot, it happens mostly if you're a member of the preview program (if you are, posting about it on the official PP app/forums is advised to get them to look into it)

The quickest solution I found was to re-download my profile via the console. 9 times out of 10 that would make the cheevos pop next time I connected, but they can pop at random times. I once had about 30 notifications pop up one after the other after opening up Netflix lol

It happens mostly if you're a member of the preview program … The quickest solution I found…

The quickest solution to every problem in life is to quit the Preview program :)

The last batch of updates before the new winter dashboard made my UI impossible to use for weeks. Party invites, messages, notifications, nothing was working properly. It created loads of bugs, including having to re-download 50Go games like Batman, Destiny or The Witcher and their expansions every time there was a ninja hot fix to the UI during nighttime, which was pretty much every week.

Never. Again.

The quickest solution to every problem in life is to quit the Preview program :)

The last batch of updates before the new winter dashboard made my UI impossible to use for weeks. Party invites, messages, notifications, nothing was working properly. It created loads of bugs, including having to re-download 50Go games like Batman, Destiny or The Witcher and their expansions every time there was a ninja hot fix to the UI during nighttime, which was pretty much every week.

Never. Again.

Oh yes I agree 100%

The issue I had was that I opted out and yet it still kept sending me the Beta updates so I was trapped, and when you speak to MS support about it they refuse to help the minute you mention the preview program

Damn. I think I remember an option for reverting to the old dashboard when I opted out, I clicked something and then after leaving the program, my console downloaded the old UI again and everything was fine. Maybe you didn't click that option and the beta UI was still installed on your console? So it just kept updating that piece of hot garbage all the time instead of reinstalling the old one?

I'm not sure I'm making any sense in english :)

Pretty dumb that this hasn't fixed itself yet. I'm sure i'm pissing into the wind, but I've made a post on the worthless xbox support forums:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4270/t/2152865.aspx

Done just few minutes ago, not too bad idea ;)

Never. Again.

I uninstalled everything about that app thanks in advance, what should i do now to try if the achievement pops up?

I uninstalled everything about that app thanks in advance, what should i do now to try if the achievement pops up?

You can only wait. Check in your Achievements app just in case, because sometimes your achievements do unlock even though they don't pop. If they're still locked and you're sure you've met the conditions, just wait. If after a couple of updates it's the same for a lot of people here, we'll have to tweet, post, call or invade FROM to have them look into it, but it should unlock with time.

As far as the Preview program goes, since you're a new user, I want to make myself clear. My experience with it was terrible, but I'm sure other people were perfectly fine with it. You don't have to decide anything based on my experience, with one season update, especially since I posted about it in an unrelated thread, which I shouldn't have done. Experience it for yourself, read about the program online, and then decide. I never had any problems before that update, so maybe I was just unlucky.

Cheers :)