How to unlock glitched achievements

smitts

All you do is play another windows live game. Make sure you get one achievement in the game your playing. I did it with Tinker. Then sign out of your current game. After that load up waldo and go to your save file. Once on your saved game your achievement should unlock again. I was missing the 180 stars. Sign back into live on your 360 and check your games and you will have your achievement. May take a minute or two to transfer to your 360.

All credit goes to Stallion83 thnxs

Hope this helps

:uzi::locked=:woop:

I didn't get the finding Waldo achievement after beating the game on kid and normal. I exited the game to come here and complain. I then went back into the game and replayed a finding Waldo level. When I found Waldo, the achievement unlocked. Not sure if I only had 19 finds or if it was a glitch.

All I have left is getting 180 stars. Not sure if I'm up to that. Some of those levels really sucked and I don't know if I feel like spending the time on this game for those 40 points.

Thanks that worked although I can see the 200 and when I click on my games it shows my adjusted score but not on the dash still shows old score, probably have to recover my account again if I want that to match, also I suppose if I play Tinker I will run into the same problem, or is this just a problem with Waldo or all GFWL games.

This must only work for "Friend to the Stars"

I got an achievement in Tinker, signed out and loaded up Waldo, then loaded both of my save files with the glitched difficulty achievements and neither one unlocked.

Edit: Ok, managed to get the Kids achievement to unlock by replaying the last level and going from 4 to 5 stars. However, I already have 5 stars on the Normal difficulty and it still won't unlock.

Edit 2: Got another achievement in Tinker and then replayed the entire Normal campaign which finally unlocked it permanently. Glad to be rid of this now...

Edited by The Pants Party

FWIW, my "Friend to the Stars" would not reflect being unlocked when I'd look on xbox.com or my 360, so I signed into GFWL with a second account, tried to play Where's Waldo, failed to activate it, went back to my main account, and without anything even popping, the achievement is now on my list, though it says it was acquired offline.

In regards to failing to activate, why the hell am I limited to using this game with one gamertag? That sucks. I seriously don't see myself supporting GFWL in the future at this rate.

Edited by R Rated Love

only achievement that glitched was normal difficulty... so i played through it 3 times and it popped at the end all 3 times... but did not actually show on my profile. THEN i decided to come here and read, got an achievement in tinker, then played another full game and it popped. thanks to everybody above for the info...:locked

im ranked #2 on default lol

well i'm joining in on this... completed the game on normal while i was offline, when i signed in it never unlocked. My friend to the stars unlocked no problem but complete the game on normal is stuck.

I was going to go back through on kids but im done with this game now :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I got the beating kids achievement also for like 10 seconds and then it faded away forever.

But Where's Waldo is the only game for Windows LIVE that I have, so basically I can't unlock that achievement unless I buy another game for Windows LIVE (which I am not planning, especially not if GFWL are this glitchy)?

So the Kids achievement should unlock and I should play normal mode for the beating normal and getting 180 stars achievement, but is it sure that those will unlock, cause if not, why should I bother waste more of my time if chances are high those 3 achievements wont unlock anyways.

can't they patch this?

• 2 weeks later...
So I got the beating kids achievement also for like 10 seconds and then it faded away forever.

But Where's Waldo is the only game for Windows LIVE that I have, so basically I can't unlock that achievement unless I buy another game for Windows LIVE (which I am not planning, especially not if GFWL are this glitchy)?

So the Kids achievement should unlock and I should play normal mode for the beating normal and getting 180 stars achievement, but is it sure that those will unlock, cause if not, why should I bother waste more of my time if chances are high those 3 achievements wont unlock anyways.

can't they patch this?

Tinker is free so do it up man

• 2 weeks later...

Heres my story for anyone who cares.

I finished wally, got the last achevo to pop, had my dinner. remembered people saying on there it was glitched. switched my xbox on, it was showing 11 out of 12 done. went to xbox.com same story, GFWL on my pc showed 11 from 12 :o

loaded the game back up, loaded the save with 180 stars, as soon as wanda says "back for more" as if shes after cock the achevo popped again. GFWL showed full gamerscore and 12 from 12. 360 and xbox.com a few minutes later both showed 12 from 12 gamerscore was kind of added, see pic. 5 minutes later all 3 are now correct and gamerscore is all up to date (35624). lets hope it doesn't vanish again.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/2745/wallyy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Ah geez...Putting my name to this thread when it comes to glitched achievements. Can't get the 180 stars to even pop. Got the Kids achievement to show up on the screen but xbox.com and profile on GFWL isn't showing up at all.

Bugger. Played through the last level of finding Wally a few times but nothing happens :/

[EDIT]: I did the Tinker thing and the achievements didn't pop at all :( Looks like I've gotta start all over again?

Edited by takuto neko

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
All you do is play another windows live game. Make sure you get one achievement in the game your playing. I did it with Tinker. Then sign out of your current game. After that load up waldo and go to your save file. Once on your saved game your achievement should unlock again. I was missing the 180 stars. Sign back into live on your 360 and check your games and you will have your achievement. May take a minute or two to transfer to your 360.

All credit goes to Stallion83 thnxs

Hope this helps

:uzi::locked=:woop:

Thanks, this fixed my glitched 180 stars!! :dance:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...