Is it Possible 100% this Game

Aaron Norris 12

Hi guys is it possible 100% this game because my save keeps going and i havent got time staying up for 3 whole days to complete it any ideas Guys

My guess would be... Start the game when you have 5-6h in front of you and use video guides to do them all in one sitting.

Where did you get the game ? I think I saw somewhere it's not available anymore :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The GFWL shutdown is not confirmed so hopefully it was just misinformation and we still have plenty of time to play GFWL games.

I had a problem where my save would get deleted but I only ever had 10 or so levels done so it didn't bother me. I was playing on two different PC's and eventually figured out that I could use my save from PC1 on PC2 but it would be gone if i went back to PC1.

Only using it on one PC now to finish it and haven't had any further problems.

Matt

• 1 month later...

Right, well! I finally had enough time to sit down and play this.

Yes the achievements still unlock, today being August 28, well after the supposed "shutdown" that was never actually going to happen ;)

Though one thing i did notice is that you cannot seem to start this game with a new gamertag(?), even if the game is installed on the PC.

I logged into GFWL with my second gold account and the game did not show up as installed and you can't download it with a new account since the GFWL marketplace IS shutdown.

I tried starting the game with my main account and then switching accounts from inside the game, but it asks you to register the game.

It auto-filled the registration code, but the means to submit a new registration aren't there so it throws an error.

Maybe I'm missing some trick (which is very possible), but it seems like the PC doesn't have the rights to play the game the same way a xbox does when you buy arcade games or DLC.

Anyway, best of luck with it, this game is pretty fun but in small doses.

Cheers,:beer:

Matt

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I know this is a necro, but if any of you would be so kind as to confirm they can still play this on GFWL, I'd be much obliged.

EDIT. Just in case someone arrives at the same problem than me. It is possible to earn and unlock achievements in Tinker on GFWL, but you need the following:

Tinker in your GFWL account, since no new "keys" are being created on Games for Windows Live.

A legit GFWL game that runs, i.e. GTA IV, Street Fighter IV or Halo 2.

Of course, to have the framework installed an be able to run these games.

First we need to run a legit GFWL in order to download our profile. I have just unwrapped a new Halo 2 copy, activated it and then it downloaded my profile on my Windows 10 x64 computer but any genuine game would have done the trick. Now that we have our profile downloaded, we are able to play offline, just as if there was no Internet momentarily.

When you start Tinker, it will ask you for a serial. Just ignore it and proceed to play the game "offline". Any achievement unlocked will count towards your GS total, which won't be synced to the Xbox Live servers because we're, well, offline. Now exit Tinker and run your legit GFWL game and the achievements should update. If they don't, just sign out and sign in again.

You can check my "Villodre" profile and check that I unlocked Tinker achievements today. Hope it can help someone.

Edited by Villodre
Solution posted

• 3 years later...

I was able to get the game up and running as of Dec 8th 2019. I had to find it on my HD and run the program.

It crashed often and did not like the GFWL client. It would crash the game. Sometimes just completing a level would crash it. Eventually, I was able to get it to load my Gamertag in offline mode.

I played HALO 2 for PC and was able to sign in to live. I then went back to Tinker and was able to get GFWL to pop up without crashing the game. I clicked go online and was actually able to get an update for the game? Very weird. But it worked.

I'm hoping I just have to play the game over and get up to the spot I was before. I have yet to earn an achievement that I didn't already have.

Sound, unfortunately, stopped working. Works in Halo 2 and on the PC in general. Still very excited to just play the game again. My girls like it as well.