Official Bitching Thread

13ip0lar

I am tending to agree with a lot of the posts here. Having said that the game has had me glued to it for 4 days. The cases themselves are very well done, its the lack of other stuff that's preventing this from being a classic.

Putting in two achievements in the retail version relating to DLC is a cheap shot, they should keep them attached to the DLC.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be mistaken actually as the DLC has come out so early. I thought the list showed Complete Naked City or Slip of the Tongue achievements in there, but of course it is probably attached to the DLC rather than the 1000 for the game itself, the rest show as secret.

My biggest problem with this game is the lack of info available about cars. The car im looking for has only 3 spawn points listed and ive spent combined over 3 hours in these areas and guesss what the car i want is probally the only one not turning up. Hmmmm not really realistic to me it kinda makes you wonder how the company stayed in business if no one drives there cars.

My biggest problem with this game is the lack of info available about cars. The car im looking for has only 3 spawn points listed and ive spent combined over 3 hours in these areas and guesss what the car i want is probally the only one not turning up. Hmmmm not really realistic to me it kinda makes you wonder how the company stayed in business if no one drives there cars.

A small portion of a video game version of Los Angeles probably isn't a good representation of how many cars were sold or how well/badly they did in their business.

Only real problem I've had some far are some random frame rate issues in the last few missions... first time I thought my bawks was overheating and about to go RROD on me, what with all you've heard. Maybe I'll notice more when I go for the mop up.

At this point, I'm on my 10th case, and so far, the only complaints I have are:

a) The controls are a bit clunky and sometimes unresponsive. I don't expect of Cole to be a Prince of Persia or Altair, but still, that could have been done a bit better.

b) A proper save system would do wonders, even though a few tricks can help for a earlier save point than the game originally predicted.

c) Having no ammunition counter can be a real bitch sometimes.

When it comes to graphics, I must say that the shadows look horrible at times, hair is really bad (no, you perverts, I'm not talking about pubic hairs! :p), and the framerate issues really stand out every now and then.

I'm a little annoyed that the damage you cause while driving can count against you getting 5* for cases. I worked my ass off to get all the evidence and get 100% on all the questions only to find out I get 3* because I was running into shit rushing from point to point. 1st time I thought I missed something based on the notes at the bottom of the page but the second time I realized that it was due to damage.

Sorry if already mentioned here but i have noticed if you are driving a fire truck (or whatever) when you pull up to a street crime for example, the cut scene starts where you get out of your vehicle, the suspect gets in their car to escape and you get back in your fire tru........ oh wait, its now magically changed in to your partners car.

Plus whatever gun you are holding (shotgun), then a cut scene starts, you now have a hand gun.

Petty, but mistakes all the same.

The more i have played this the more holes appear.

We are Australian. That's a good enough reason for them. The new witcher game was $45 on steam, they had to put it up to $75 for Australians. :mad:

The price of games is higher in your country due to your government and it's taxation policies. Stop complaining to developers and distributors and complain to the people causing it ; your politicians.

That being said, I actually made it to 100% completion with a whopping one freeze in the entire game.

I like this game. The face technology demo it's become is pretty interesting, and the story isn't too bad if you ignore a bunch of shit (Golden Butterfly case outcome, for instance). However, the face tech needs some work. It's pretty good, but there are some flaws from time to time, like eye contact, etc.

I do notice, though, that the more I play the game, the more I see how much the game relies on the crappy interrogation mechanic and flashy face tech. Gunplay is basic, at best, and it's only satisfying the first time you shoot a person holding a hostage. It's routine by hostage four. There's really not a whole lot of original mechanics to add to the combat, it just needed a lot of polish.

Driving is rather awful, but is a huge chunk of the game. Yet, they give you an option to skip driving (and miss street crimes) all together. I found it perplexing. It's like they realized that it was sort of tossed together and gave everyone a way to say "fuck it". I think it's stupid a pop up for the car doesn't show up each time. I can only identify so many cars before they look the same. Not to mention that you can literally blow a car's engine by having your partner shoot a few of the tires out.

I'm really disappointed by the whole interrogation thing. "Truth", "Doubt", and "Lie" sort of work as descriptors, but sometimes you'd get an unexpected result. When I doubt someone's alibi, I don't want to immediately accuse them of murder one, thanks, I just doubt their story is absolutely up to snuff.

I'm hoping this game has Assassin's Creed-itis, and has a sequel that's exactly what the first game should have been.

Only a few things: Save points, Partner being stuck on everything, and dumb drive 194.7miles achievement...after finishing all cases with 5* only had 84miles driven. With finishing up cars/street crimes/gold reels still only had 111miles...been driving around just to rank up miles for hours now. Annoying.

really hate the fact that after driving forever & finally see the car that I've been looking for, I would get out of the car, swing the camera around & the car would vanish.

Also I've noticed a weird glitch, didn't affect my game. whenever I would return the the police station, the watch commander would always be standing on top of his desk.

really hate the fact that after driving forever & finally see the car that I've been looking for, I would get out of the car, swing the camera around & the car would vanish.

Also I've noticed a weird glitch, didn't affect my game. whenever I would return the the police station, the watch commander would always be standing on top of his desk.

Maybe he was just excited to see you?

The more I play the more the glitches become glaringly apparent. I've had my partner just standing next to the car and refuse to get in until I got out and then back in the car. A couple times I drove off and got 1/2 way accross town before I realized my partner was left behind.

I've parked my car in a lot, then hop in and out of a few cars parked there to get undriven cars then turn around and my police car had vanished.

The radio is getting really tiresome. They should have a couple different stations and the ability to shut the damn thing off as well as play your own music if you want. It is the 50's sureley there is more than one radio station in LA. And I really don't care if playing your own music doesn't fit the time period. The 50's music they have here is fucking brutal at times. I'd rather listen to the talk radio programs they have.

The facial animation is good mostly but there are times when it is a total crapshoot as to whether you should doubt someone or call them on a lie. There are some dodgy looks some of them give you that just screams LIE but is only doubt and vise versa.

Wow. I didn't think any game could get any more boring than Red Dead Redemption. Boy was I wrong. Not only is this "game" boring, I wouldn't even call it a game. It's like playing find Waldo (when you're finding clues), playing cinematic scenes which require no skills or thinking whatsoever, with a mix of this new facial technology. Whoopdeedoo. I hate how reviewers give Rockstar games such huge grade inflations.

I will always buy Rockstar games used from Gamestop just so none of my $ ever goes to Rockstar. What another overrated POS.