Has anyone managed to get a double flawless victory on Shang Tsung in Arcade yet?

Ceejus

I FINALLY GOT HIM!!!...again...only this time not messing up the fatality at the end and Jade was a joke (I'm sure she's worse on a harder difficulty)...I used the Scorpion spear to ->YXB combo on Shang...worked like a charm just rinse and repeat it...now only to finish the last 200 challenges in the tower...I fear anger will ensue once more.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually just did this about two days ago and i got it on my 1st try. first, u gotta do all of the leading up requirements before u get to shang tsung, but im sure that by know u all know what the are. once u come up to shang tsung get sheeva. now like i said this worked for me first try, so i dont know if it always happens but hey....it doesnt hurt to try. ok here it goes, as soon as the match starts dash in and grab shang with sheevas trow move, once u do that , hell probly just stay laying on the ground, and thats when u do sheevas teleport stomp move.....over, and over , and over. when i did this shang never stood up so i pretty much finished him off without much of an issue. second round, same thing, match starts, move in throw move, see shang just chilling there on the ground and stomp the living crap out of him, over and over and over. like i said before this worked for me with no issues, so hopefully it works for u guys.

After so looooooong, I finally Double Flawless'd and Fatality'd Shang Stung. Got the Goro's Lair Loading Screen, and the Secret Challenger Window popped up. I got the achievement and defeated Jade in both rounds. For the record, Projectiles don't work on her, but she's pretty easy compared to Reptile or Smoke. Noob is still the hardest by far.

Sorry if I said some things you may already know, but I'm just extremely happy that I got this achievement out of my hair.

I did this after a few trys with Scorpian. I did a spear followed by an uppercut, then just repeat it over and over. I did a fatality on everyone up to and including Shang Tsung and had 3 flawless rounds before getting to him. Jade was definently the easiest of the 4 hidden fights.

Edited by Dom7777

Yeah it was crazy, I was expecting Jade to be the hardest cause of how difficult it was to get to her (double flawless was a bitch but finally got it with Raiden), but I got her in two rounds...........I wish there was a way to enjoy my 10,000 koins, but i already unlocked everything :(

After hours of trying i also killed the fcking bastard with the scorpion

spear, :dright:,:ybut:,:xbut: :bbut: but i have some stuff that might me interesting/helpful.

I started the arcade ladder with Sheeva, tried around 10 times to kill him with the :ddown:,:dup: grab but he would always get me atleast once with his stupid morph or whatever.. from what i can see is that if you're fast enough you can :ddown:,:dup: him all the way through but for me after getting his health down to about 1/5th with that, i just couldn't hold up for some reason and there he was getting another hit in.. Now i encountered the "Sheeva glitch" also but i'll come back to that later.

So after my 10th try i went to select char. again and picked Scorpion instead. I find it much "safer" 'cause you get a little bit of room between you and him but you kinda have to get lucky also so that he doesnt change into a kick ass character but you already know that.. <.< The awesome thing about this method also is that you can learn this combo in like 10 mins. I have never played a mk game before, and never really liked fighting games in general(until this one came out) and still got it so theres your proof that a "newcomer"(dont like the word noob too much) can get it done.

Ok now back to the "Sheeva glitch". For those who havent read previous posts, its where Shang stays on the ground after you slam him down. It happened quite a few times so i tried to find out ways to do it..

I dont know exactly the combination or whatever but it always involved the grab move, the stomp and the middle area of the arena (looks kinda like a wooden floor ..pretty stupid but listen).

What would happen is.. i grab him, throw him in to that area, stomp and he would stay on the ground stuck. It always happened in the same area but i never really knew what exactly triggered that to happen since he would not always stay stuck.. Also if you manage to do it, if you wait too long, he will eventually get up again, but if you keep stomping him between 2-3 sec. of each other he will stay there. And there goes that part

So to close this huge ass post off, i also wanna confirm that you can loose a round but not a match like previously said (i lost 3 against him), you dont have to keep trying with the character you started ladder with.. oh also, i had around 3 fatalities and 4 flawless victories before shang and finished him with Scorpions 1st fatality (:dright:,:ddown:,:dright:,:ybut: i think)

I hope this post helps everyone that needs it, and also helps some of you find out how that glitch really works('cause i wont try this shit again.. <.<) so that more people get it eventually.

Rock on :rock

I'm 100% for sure double flawless on Shang Tsung.

I'm 100% sure you can switch characters, but you have to win and at the finish him go to player select.

I'm 90% sure you got to get 3 flawless victories throughout the match.

I'm 50% sure you cant lose a round.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to do a certain amount of fatalities.

What I recommend though is win every round in the ladder, try to get as many flawless as you can, do a fatality every match and get the double flawless on shang tsung just because if you get all the way to him, get the double flawless(cause honestly no matter what way you use, its still a pain) and don't get to fight Jade, you will be severely pissed off.

I do think you should use what ever character you're the most comfortable with, if you're not comfortable with using sheeva and the timing of her, you wont get it. Same with scorpion. It takes a little luck, a little skill and a few tries to pull it off. I was surprised when I finally did it and got very excited.

I was able to get it by using Smoke. I just kept spamming the teleport attack while he was getting up. If he blocked it, I either grabbed him or uppercutted him. What also helped was the move Smoke Cloud which makes him fall from the ceiling for an easy uppercut. If he blocked it, I would teleport right after for an almost guaranteed hit.

I did do at least 5 fatalities and 3 flawless victories before getting to him if that information helps.

I'm 100% for sure double flawless on Shang Tsung.

I'm 100% sure you can switch characters, but you have to win and at the finish him go to player select.

I'm 90% sure you got to get 3 flawless victories throughout the match.

I'm 50% sure you cant lose a round.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to do a certain amount of fatalities.

What I recommend though is win every round in the ladder, try to get as many flawless as you can, do a fatality every match and get the double flawless on shang tsung just because if you get all the way to him, get the double flawless(cause honestly no matter what way you use, its still a pain) and don't get to fight Jade, you will be severely pissed off.

I do think you should use what ever character you're the most comfortable with, if you're not comfortable with using sheeva and the timing of her, you wont get it. Same with scorpion. It takes a little luck, a little skill and a few tries to pull it off. I was surprised when I finally did it and got very excited.

http://blog.mkbible.org/2011/04/30/mk-2011-facts-how-to-fight-jade/

Extensive testing was done, doing every conceivable combination of stats (number of fatalities with and without doing one against ST, number of flawless victories, whether you can lose a round or match, etc) to come up with what is required.

Extensive testing was done, doing every conceivable combination of stats (number of fatalities with and without doing one against ST, number of flawless victories, whether you can lose a round or match, etc) to come up with what is required.

Never seen that, but thanks, that will definitely help some people with this achievement. :Bounce:

I did it on my first go with Scorpion and that 3 hit combo, got quite lucky though, there was a few times where I really expected to be hit when he did the breaker but somehow managed to get away, just the breakers make you panic but at least they don't do any damage.

Try and time the spear so it hits him just as he stands back up, he didn't block a single one for me that way.

If not already done someone has to put the infos in this link into the achievement guide cause I ended four times against Shang Tsung with a double flawless + fatality with no Jade fight cause I missed one of the requirements mentiones there. :/

Finally got it - tactic? Jumppunch + uppercut mixed with Jumpkick + teleport + teleport with Smoke - took me 4 tries. Hate the Sheeva method cause Shang loves to make a fireball when I´m 10 inches away from his face or doing a sidestep + monstercombo

I FINALLY GOT HIM!!!...again...only this time not messing up the fatality at the end and Jade was a joke (I'm sure she's worse on a harder difficulty)...I used the Scorpion spear to ->YXB combo on Shang...worked like a charm just rinse and repeat it...now only to finish the last 200 challenges in the tower...I fear anger will ensue once more.

Oh yeah, you bet your ass! I am working my way throught the tower right now, and man is it unfair. I hate it, you always have a fucking handicap and the fact that you are forced to play with haracters you can't play at all with is ass.

Why can't I pick my character more often? Why can't I have an advantage for once?

Here is my idea for the next MK tower: Make all the stages like this:

You play as suckage character.

You have no arms, you are poisoned and burning at the same time and the controls are messed up. Your enemies have 3 damage power ups and constant healing, they are Goro, 9 Shao kahns Kintaro and Quan chi and shang tsung on expert mode!

Yeah that would be fun!

Edit: OT, I used The scorpion spear with ->YXB combo and it worked good, not from the first try but this is where it comes handy to reselect the character. It was lots easier than I thought. Jade was a monster, I didn't stand a chance against her but who cares lol, the achievement is mine. Now only the fucking piece of shit tower to go!

Edited by PrinceOfThralls

Oh yeah, you bet your ass! I am working my way throught the tower right now, and man is it unfair. I hate it, you always have a fucking handicap and the fact that you are forced to play with haracters you can't play at all with is ass.

Why can't I pick my character more often? Why can't I have an advantage for once?

Here is my idea for the next MK tower: Make all the stages like this:

You play as suckage character.

You have no arms, you are poisoned and burning at the same time and the controls are messed up. Your enemies have 3 damage power ups and constant healing, they are Goro, 9 Shao kahns Kintaro and Quan chi and shang tsung on expert mode!

Yeah that would be fun!

Edit: OT, I used The scorpion spear with ->YXB combo and it worked good, not from the first try but this is where it comes handy to reselect the character. It was lots easier than I thought. Jade was a monster, I didn't stand a chance against her but who cares lol, the achievement is mine. Now only the fucking piece of shit tower to go!

I think what they were trying to do was get you to explore with stuff you wouldn't ordinary explore while also challenging you. Try to show you that every character has a weakness so if you're playing the game with experienced players or players that just spam moves you can work around it and still win. I think the tower helped me a lot and I still need to do like 6 missions. Got 300 though...........I felt really accomplished when I beat it.

But different views I guess.