Green Canisters

DERVISH888

I have collected everything with the exception of the green canisters. I'm a bit nervous to move past The Balrog as, once I do, this achievement is now missable if I have not collected all of the canisters.

The achievement guide makes mention of something called the "Fog of War". Could anyone elaborate on that? I have yet to come across anything called this and would LOVE a means of ensuring that I have not missed a green canister hidden somewhere.

Any assistance on this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

The fog of war just means that the map uncovers as you move around. For most areas other than ones without a ceiling you should be able to make out all the edges and see where you haven't been.

If you continue past the point of no return the game does not actually auto save, you need to beat the final boss and you will then be asked if you want to save (you can choose not to). If you collect all the green canisters in the final area but don't get the achievement because you missed one or more, you could then reload your save and try to hunt it down, but you will need to play up to the final boss again as there are two in that room and a few more on the way up. In that sense it's only missable if you don't get them all *and* then save your game.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing worth mentioning is that there is a green canister about halfway through The Balrog level. This is a tricky one as you have to slide in order to get it. If you are like me, you were distracted with the "Make it through the Balrog level without falling" achievement and missed this.

Once I got to the top of the Balrog, and received my achievement, I brought up the map and took a look. The section of the map, right after you complete the section where you jump from platform to platform, contains a small area in a nook where you slide through.

I proceeded back down, slid through and got this green canister.

I found all canisters relatively easy, but this one was a near miss. I thought it was worth bringing attention to in hopes that it will keep someone from having to start over.

Yep. It's in the balrog about halfway through the level.

Once you get the achievement for not falling through the balrog level, if you look at the map, it's right below you on the right a little.

I wanted to make mention of this as I almost missed it and I don't think you can get back into the balrog once you leave. I was so distracted with getting the achievement for not falling off, I forgot to canvas the area for green canisters.