Slaughter Dome DLC Question

Pieville

I don't know if this has all been answered/covered already, I haven't been on these forums for about a year, in fact I haven't really played games for a long time but Borderlands 2 is getting back into the gaming spirit. :p

Anyways, back to topic; Will the Slaughter Dome DLC be up for purchase if you do not get it as a pre-order bonus? Will it count as part of the Season Pass? How much will it cost? Or will it simply be released for free at a later date?

Will it count as part of the Season Pass? How much will it cost? Or will it simply be released for free at a later date?

I would like to think it would count as part of the Season Pass, but then again I don't. It was said the Season Pass would cover 4 future DLC's. If I'm getting the Creature Dome as my preorder bonus thru Gamestop, I'd hate to think I would be essentially "wasting" one of my 4 discounted DLC's as I already have it.

I'm sure the DLC's the pass will cover will be substantial in size, going by what we got for BL1. I don't know how big the Creature Dome will be as far as gameplay, it may just be a fun little diversion. In which case, Maybe 400-800 MS points.

But in the end, I would hope it's just an added bonus to having the season pass, and not count against the aforementioned 4 DLC that is to be included.

I really haven't heard of what the DLC will be, so this is news to me. But the name makes me think of another "dome" Borderlands DLC!

Pretty much what it is, It's the Gamestop Pre-order exclusive..

I'm crossing my fingers that there are no achievements for this. I don't know if I could go through that again.

I would like to think it would count as part of the Season Pass, but then again I don't. It was said the Season Pass would cover 4 future DLC's. If I'm getting the Creature Dome as my preorder bonus thru Gamestop, I'd hate to think I would be essentially "wasting" one of my 4 discounted DLC's as I already have it.

I'm sure the DLC's the pass will cover will be substantial in size, going by what we got for BL1. I don't know how big the Creature Dome will be as far as gameplay, it may just be a fun little diversion. In which case, Maybe 400-800 MS points.

But in the end, I would hope it's just an added bonus to having the season pass, and not count against the aforementioned 4 DLC that is to be included.

Gearbox has said that the pre-order content is not included in the Season Pass. Source (see NOTE)

Yup, that's what it sounds like to me. Gonna be another Underdome from the sounds of it.

It's guaranteed to be an arena type DLC. But unlike Moxxi, this will let you gain EXP and loot drops that carry over to the game. It's also highly unlikely that it will have any Achievements tied to it (I could be wrong) as it's not a standard DLC release. It will likely be available to all in due time, but for now, it is only a Preorder bonus, not much unlike the Premier Club itself.

Point being: there shouldn't be any worries or fears that this will be another obligatory grind-fest. There will be plenty of time for that later!

I've started seeing the newest GameStop commercials featuring Borderlands 2, and the preorder bonus of the Creature Slaughterdome. Useless information, but I guess there are still people out there who need to know about the game, or need a reminder that they are really late in preordering, and need to get that done now!

I'm just excited to see the hype train kick it up another notch. It's hard to ignore BL2s coming! Less than 2 weeks to go...

It's BL2's version of horde mode. Everything earned in the CSD (XP and loot) is brought into the campaign. It's a nice GS exclusive. I have no idea if it's being made available for general public purchase sometime after launch though. Could somebody post a link as to when it'll be available post launch to all BL2 players?