The Official Hip Hop Thread...

Gavin TTC956GP

All the latest and up to date Hip Hop news and articles and anything RAP related goes here...:blunt

Want to VS Fabolous on Xbox Live?

Rapper Fabolous will be taking on fans in an XBox Live Game on Sunday (July 26th). F a b o l o u s will challenge fans to Arcade's Texas Hold 'Em at 5:00 PM Eastern Time. If you would like a chance to play Fabolous, please follow the directions below. Make sure you show up at least 30 minutes early.

Date: July 26th

Time: 5:00 PM– 7:00 PM (EST)

Game: Xbox LIVE® Arcade’s Texas Hold'em

GAMERTAG: LososWay GwFame (**Note space between LososWay and GwFame)

Edited by Gavin TTC956GP

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about Poker with Fabolous thanks, but I'd go for a game of chess with Immortal Technique...
I think if you want to get "killed" by him because he's so "smart", you should battle him in naming conspiracy theories.

He seems to be good at expanding on those. Anyways..

Shawty fire burnin on the dance floor...

That song is too damn catchy.

Can't stand Soulja Boy or Asher Roth.

My favorite rappers at the moment are: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Mike Posner, Wiz Khalifa, Eric B. & Rakim, & Drake.

Mike Posner and Wiz Khalifa are some new people on the horizon that you should really check out. Mike Posner made a brillant cover of Kiss Me Thru The Phone that can be found here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO2wpe9M5E0]YouTube - Mike Posner Kiss Me Thru the Phone Remix[/ame]

well, i mean can you really call what he does rapping?

Plus, most of his songs don't even make any damn sense.

Also, does every single one of his songs need to have a dance for it?

I know i'm hating, but i think it's just dumb.

yah, trick, yah!!!1

Jay-Z's First Single With Kanye & Rihanna:

Well it's here. The first single from Jay-Z for his upcoming "Blueprint 3" album (if you don't count his street single "D.O.A." is now available! "Run This Town" features hit producer slash rapper Kanye West and singer slash ex-Chris Brown girlfriend, Rihanna. With Rihanna on the chorus and Kanye spitting a verse of his own...

As previously reported, Jay-Z decided to switch the first single from his upcoming "Blueprint 3" album from a track that featured Drake to "Run This Town" which as said above features Kanye West and Rihanna. News of the switch hit via the Hot 106 radio station when the Dj came on saying "JUST GOT WORD: NEW Jay-Z single coming this Friday (July 24) called "Run This Town" with Kanye and Rihanna"!

Rap/Hip-hop isn't what it used to be!

My personal favourite rappers are :-

2pac, Notorious B.I.G., Eminem, Nas, Immortal Technique, KRS-One, Busta Rhymes (Before 'The Big Bang', his latest stuff is poor), Ice Cube, Common and Big L.

and Groups :-

Jurassic 5, Wu-Tang Clan and D12.

I've forgotten a few aswell. :)

90% of RAP/HIPHOP is trash nowadays, its all gone mainstream,

I prefer to listen to Underground stuff like;

Immortal Technique, Vinnie Paz, Klashnekoff, Skriblah, Jus Allah.

& even Grime like; Wretch 32, Black the ripper, Little Nasty.

50 Cent, Eminem, Lil Wayne have no sick lyrics; just tracks for the clubs.

Edited by PureTechniquex

90% of RAP/HIPHOP is trash nowadays, its all gone mainstream,

I prefer to listen to Underground stuff like;

Immortal Technique, Vinnie Paz, Klashnekoff, Skriblah, Jus Allah.

& even Grime like; Wretch 32, Black the ripper, Little Nasty.

50 Cent, Eminem, Lil Wayne have no sick lyrics; just tracks for the clubs.

Even pac and big had tracks just for the clubs. But vinnie paz is sick. I hate the fact that he's the only one in JMT who seems to know what they're doing and sounding good. He kinda contradicts himself a lot, though...

You guys should listen to Canibus if you like tech. He's very wordsy and his flow is ridiculously good.

A BUNCH of unreleased 2Pac tracks have been droppin as of late.

Vinnie Paz is gonna release a solo album sometime this year.

Kelis is a bitch for taking all of Nas' money.

Nas/Marley album dropping this year.

Raekwon's OB4CL2 is SUPPOSE to drop this year. It had so many push backs already that I won't be surprised it it doesn't drop.

Swizz Beatz Talks Working On Jiggas Blueprint 3

Hit producer Swizz Beatz recently talked about his role in Jay-Z's upcoming "Blueprint 3" album in a new interview with MTV. Beyond producing tracks for Jigga's beyond highly anticipated new LP, Swizz talked about how he and HOV both share a huge appreciation for music.

"I've been kicking since '98," Swizz said in an interview. "That's what I told Hova, 'We did it in '99, and we 'bout to do it in '09.' That's a blessing. I've been around...I like the album...He gotta say a lot. You know who to come through for the gutter [beats]. He just called me from London, spazzin'. Me and Jay, we're so much into the art of music, and we're great friends. This album, we happened to get into a little bit. That sh*t is super fun. We're still working."

TRIPLE POST IS EPIC!!!!!!!

NaS isn't the GOAT, it's EMINEM DOOD

but really, who's the GOAT?

In my opinion it's 2pac, the guy was before my time (I was 4 or 5 when he died :() but he was amazing, his lyrics are sensational!!!

Close second B.I.G.!

But hey everyone will have different opinions on who is GOAT, if anyone says Soulja Boy or Lil' Wayne though...... that's taking it too far.

I started out listening to 2pac, and B.I.G also, loved those guys, also like the female rap scene somewhat as well, Lil Kim, Foxy Brown, Shawnna etc.

These days I seem to be playing Young Jeezy's albums over and over, I dont know much about the guy but his tracks are so amazing. Listen to some Lil Wayne, Ludacris, Busta Rhymes, prefer older stuff though, once they go mainstream, it is usually bye bye skill.

These days I seem to be playing Young Jeezy's albums over and over, I dont know much about the guy but his tracks are so amazing. Listen to some Lil Wayne, Ludacris, Busta Rhymes, prefer older stuff though, once they go mainstream, it is usually bye bye skill.

That's what most people think about Eminem because all they hear is shitty singles on the radio and think that's all he is. I tell him to listen to "Till I Collapse" and get back to me.