Official Dexter Thread *SPOILERS*

SynysterChris

Well I used search and a lot of these came up. So I decide to make an Offical one so we can keep it all in one spot, Hope thats cool with everyone.

Ok So Season 4 ended on Sunday, and I must say it was awesome, they truly know how to leave you with a cliff hanger of the season.

I don't want to say too much more about it in case some people havn't seen it yet. Thoughts anyone?

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just picked up this show a month ago.

I have to say i had some trouble getting into it but after the 3rd episode of season one i was an addict.

Now i'am in episode 4 of season 3, watching a minimum of 1 episode a day, and i have to say this is one of the best shows ever.

I don't think i will be following this thread cause i don't wanna see any spoilers....

My favorite show of all time. The ending to this season was a complete shock. If you rewind to about 5-10 minutes before the ending and listen to what Trinity was saying to Dexter it has a completely different meaning than the jibberish i thought it was...

Cant beleive we have to wait a year to find out what the hells going to happen! Im hoping the ending was a dream... Ugh.

Whats your favorite season?

mate just finished watchin the season 4 finale and wow!! i cant really describe it but what a fucking ending!!!!! i have watched a lot of american tv series in my time and this is one of the best finales in most recent times!! (but still doesnt come close to the series finale of the Wire)

now i hav to wait another year until season 5 :(

This was arguably the best cliffhanger finale that I have ever seen. Absolutely blew my mind! I cannot wait to see where the writers go from here! Excellent show. One of my favorites on television.

Also, I think John Lithgow (spelling?), deserves an award for his performance as the creepy, emotionless Trinity killer.

This season was a big step down, to me at least. Lithgow's performance was amazing, but the writing has really fallen off. This show has never been of the same caliber as say the Sopranos or Six Feet Under, but I thought they were trying to be somewhere closer to that level of television. Instead it seems like they are becoming more satisfied with mundane twists and iffy plot devices. This show is really closer to things like 24 or Lost in terms of quality at this point. I will keep watching, but I won't expect to be intellectually stimulated or to be faced with anything of real substance, but instead to be simply mildly entertained.

This season was a big step down, to me at least. Lithgow's performance was amazing, but the writing has really fallen off. This show has never been of the same caliber as say the Sopranos or Six Feet Under, but I thought they were trying to be somewhere closer to that level of television. Instead it seems like they are becoming more satisfied with mundane twists and iffy plot devices. This show is really closer to things like 24 or Lost in terms of quality at this point. I will keep watching, but I won't expect to be intellectually stimulated or to be faced with anything of real substance, but instead to be simply mildly entertained.

I thought this season was a massive step-up. I do agree about Lithgow though. He nailed every single aspect of this character and brought him to life. Outstanding acting.

I Think think every season just gets better and better. Though the only season I didn't care much for was the second with the whole Lila thing. It kinda seemed outa character for Dex. But I can't wait for next season. I'm watching Californiacation right now to hold me over, but the way I watch stuff it will not last long. I finished season 1 in one night.

I think the person who really deserves an award this season is Jen Carpenter(Debra Morgan). She really came into her own this season and I found every scene she was in was truly captivating, her breakdown mid season when she was in the parking lot with Dexter is when I really started to notice how good the season was for her. Great ending to a very meh season....it's unfortunate that Dexter will never again reach the standard it set in season one, it appears they set the bar to high and since then they've held up mildly disappointing seasons with (sometimes) great endings.

Personally I found season 4 very drawn out compared to some of the other ones, just wasnt as much going on in comparison to the ice truck killer season. The last episodes def pulled it together though which was a nice touch. It kind of makes me wonder if this will stop with him getting out of the game or if this will flip the switch and make him become the dark passenger full time

I can't wait for this to come out on DVD. I no longer have showtime so after the first season I've had to wait for it to come out on DVD to watch it. ARRRRGGGHHH!!! I have no patience. I'm probably going to end up rewatching the previous three because four probably won't be on DVD for a while and I don't want to wait another couple months to watch more of the show.

On another note, glad to see a Nietzsche quotation in your sig MelangeAddict. Hats off to you man.;)

I can't wait for this to come out on DVD. I no longer have showtime so after the first season I've had to wait for it to come out on DVD to watch it. ARRRRGGGHHH!!! I have no patience. I'm probably going to end up rewatching the previous three because four probably won't be on DVD for a while and I don't want to wait another couple months to watch more of the show.

On another note, glad to see a Nietzsche quotation in your sig MelangeAddict. Hats off to you man.;)

How do you think we feel, over in UK we only got first 2 season on dvds so were now waiting for 3 and 4 :p

I have been thinking of watching Dexter for a while now but every time I finish a series I tend to go with another series rather then Dexter.

I watch: 24, Lost, Supernatural, Smallville, Chuck, Heroes to name a few of those with action but I'm wondering how Dexter compares to these series? I'm hoping to run through Entourage before pretty much 20 series restart in January that I watch and so I'm not sure whether it worth also trying out Dexter but just looking for a few comparisons and opinions.