Demo Suicides

I only have a couple more Demo 2.0 kills left to get, so after getting into a 2v2 rush match, me and buddy decided to boost them. He dropped, joined the other team, and we picked our building. While he waited inside, I C4'd the building, it collapsed, he gets a suicide.

This happened numerous times on a couple different maps. I've read that it can be caused by him damaging the building, too many 2.0 kills in one round, etc but this was at the fresh start of a match, and he never even pulled the trigger, let alone damaged the building.

Any other reason this is happening?

Blow up all but one of the supporting walls, then stand away from the explosion with him by your side.

Pull the trigger, and as soon as the last wall has blown up, your friend needs to run inside. He will have a few seconds before the house comes tumbline down.

This is how I did it. Five friends and four houses, I got it in about ten minutes.

I only have a couple more Demo 2.0 kills left to get, so after getting into a 2v2 rush match, me and buddy decided to boost them. He dropped, joined the other team, and we picked our building. While he waited inside, I C4'd the building, it collapsed, he gets a suicide.

This happened numerous times on a couple different maps. I've read that it can be caused by him damaging the building, too many 2.0 kills in one round, etc but this was at the fresh start of a match, and he never even pulled the trigger, let alone damaged the building.

Any other reason this is happening?

He is getting suicides if he is supplying the C4 you are using to collapse the building. Since it is technically his C4, it counts as killing himself, regardless who placed the charges.

Also, don't have him wait inside, because the C4 is killing him. You both stand outside, and when you hear the creaks of building collapsing, have him run inside real fast. You'll get D2.0 that way.

If he is not supplying C4, then I don't know.

• 4 years later...

My friend and I recently were trying to boost this achievement in Squad Rush (Hardcore just the two of us in the match) and kept on getting suicides instead of destruction 2.0 kills. We tried everything we could think of: avoiding getting ammo from the other person, being on the first floor, alternating who was killing, but it every single kill was still considered a suicide whenever a building collapsed on either of us.