How different game reviews are about this game!

With the game just hitting shelfs in store there is already alot of gamesites posting reviews about Ace Combat:Assault Horizon, and its strange how those reviews are so different from eachother!

Gamespot 5.5

IGN 7.5

Xbox360Achievements 8.2

The reviews going from lack of story, dull missions, repeative gameplay, thru fantasic visuals, stunning gameplay and awesome story.

A game coudn,t be rated more different then this realy. Not get me wrong i,m not a guy that goes pure on the score a game gets, i had enough games that had rather low scores and i still enjoyed it!

I already did pre-ordered the limited edtion of this because i always been a big fan of Ace Combat plus any other Air Combat Game.

All i get from alot of old time Ace Combat Fans is that alot of them dispite the new gameplay, this is even going so far that some quit it totaly. As far i can see it alot of old fans of the franchise don,t like the new direction Ace Combat took, then again alot of new gamers new to the franchise love it and so the demo released earlier. The main reasons true fans of the franchise don,t like it anymore is the many cinematic gameplay and the lack of open mission structure like in older games. I agree on some of it, the dogfight mode sure looks fantastic but in reality most air combat these days been done from miles and miles away and not by close air combat using guns. But i get the idea Namco took this direction, first to make the franchise more appealing to a wider audience, secondly making the missions system more "lined up" (read easier) plus adding cinematic looking gameplay def gets more attention from gamers that normaly had difficulties addopt to the gameplay of the older Ace Combat games. In the end this game probly end up both hated and loved by many. Not saying at all this is a bad game just to some that expected it to be an Ace Combat 5 or 6.

I give the game a 7,5 from 10 as a die hard AC fan.

I don´t like it, that Namco uses the same graphic engine from AC6, thats a little bit lame.

The close combat system is a good thing. It makes the game better, because it has more thrilling moments, then the old AC games in close combat. The rest of the game i simply the same as ever.

After all, it´s just more "americanised" like the other AC games. I like it, it´s a good game overall and better then H.a.w.x 1/2

I've played every Air Combat / Ace Combat game that's been released in the US, I got the collectors edition of one of them for PS2 and got the flightstick, also got the collectors of the first 360 release and got the stick for 360, it played really well with it. I've just been using a normal silver "transforming D-pad" 360 controller with Assault Horizon, the LB+RB and such wouldn't be easy with the way the layout is on the stick, if it's even supported.

I've been enjoying AH, but it's miles different from any of the other games in the series, if only because you fly Apaches and play as a gunner in a Spooky. Overall, I really enjoy the game and I think DFM adds a new element of fun to the series. One of the reasons oldschool players may hate it at first is the default control scheme, it's awful IMO. I switched to the roll/pitch setup instead of the turn one after I played Nightmare and it made all the difference for me. I'd give this release a solid 8.75/10.