Handguns, The Best Weapon?

Seriously the rest of the weapons have been nerfed so much that I can shoot a fully automatic gun right in a snipers f'n face and all he has to do is pull out his side arm. This has happened hundreds of times. It does not matter if I got the drop on him or not.

The M1911 without a doubt. That thing has saved my ass so many times.

I like the Magnum as well though...but it's only really good if you don't miss, otherwise you're waiting at least a few seconds before it's reloaded and ready to go.

Haven't used too many of the other pistols in the game yet to be honest, so I can't vouch for them. I know a lot of people like the burst pistol, but I haven't been able to find it very useful at all.

Seriously the rest of the weapons have been nerfed so much that I can shoot a fully automatic gun right in a snipers f'n face and all he has to do is pull out his side arm. This has happened hundreds of times. It does not matter if I got the drop on him or not.

I'm pretty sure if you were shooting it in his face he would die quicker than you say but I do agree, when I am playing the recon kit I usually don't even snipe I just run around with the pistols. Just a quick question to anyone who has unlocked the 412 Rex, does it have alot of recoil? Most of the pistols have little to no recoil imo and I was hoping the Rex would have atleast some.

I've never had this problem unless they hit me with a headshot, I can do it every once in a while because most people have bad aim and I have a really twitchy trigger finger so I can empty the MP 443 in about a second, and I know alot of other people with a good finger too.

Maybe you are just one of those people who cant aim.

The Grach is the best gun in the game

This. Definitely. Love that thing.

M9-3 Is the best pistol in this game. Period, no questions asked, hands down.

This on the other hand I don't get at all. Before the damage increase it was easily the worst thing in the game. Now I can kill 2 enemies with a magazine if I'm lucky, and that's at point blank range. Maybe I'm using it wrong or it's just a symptom of lag, but to me the Raffica is average at best. In any case it still beats the MP-412 lol.

Edited by Mr MichaelAUS

i didnt know the M1911 had a 17 round mag

I use the MP-443 because I can pull it out and plug off rounds very fast with it when I get caught with an empty primary. It's also accurate and very effective/amusing to use against people who can't aim - an engineer got the jump on me, but his aim was so bad that I had time to pull out my pistol and put some in his face.

i didnt know the M1911 had a 17 round mag

That's because it doesn't, he doesn't know what he's talking about. The one in the game is WWII era (duh) and has a 7-round clip. Modern ones have an 8-round clip, though I can tell you from experience (I own one in real life! :eek:) that loading 8 rounds in a clip will lead to frequent jamming.

Personally, I use the 1911 in the game. It's stupid accurate if you can actually aim and has great power to back up that accuracy. Try sniping with it sometime ;)

I carried a 1911 class .45 in the Army, we used 12 round mags and always kept a round in the chamber...amazing handgun, lethal accuracy and minimal recoil for a .45.

Almost all of the spec ops (Delta, Force Recon, Berets) use a customized 1911 as well, often with a 15 round mag...I always found them too long, it made the weapon cumbersome. As far as the Raffica, accuracy on it irl is terrible, massive recoil, low stopping power as it's a 9mm...yet in the game it can be amazing if you aim properly, I've taken out 3 people in a row with two trigger pulls...it was 3 snipers lined up behind a rock, lol.

The only weapons that really compete with the pistols now are the M14 and the VSS, IMO.