Two awards

partydudes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I had problems with this as well. Neither the Tropical Excellence nor the Chilled Excellence awards would unlock for me in the manner they did in the Xbox One version.

I even had 6 Asian animals in the zoo at the same time and it didn't unlock the Tropical one until I had 5 tropical Asian animals IN TROPICAL EXHIBITS at the same time. The Himalayan Bear is definitely from Asia but does not appear to impact this achievement at all. I had some others that were from Asia that I placed in Temperate exhibits and did not impact this award, but once I moved them to Tropical exhibits it unlocked immediately.

I then did the same thing for the Chilled Excellence and got both that award and the award for all awards, unlocking The Zoo Tycoon achievement.

The animals I used are below.

Tropical Excellence - Bengal Tiger, Malayan Tiger, South China Tiger, Asiatic Lion, Indian Elephant.

Chilled Excellence - Grizzly Bear, Himalayan Brown Bear, Kodiak Bear, Polar Bear, Tibetan Blue Bear

I had problems with this as well. Neither the Tropical Excellence nor the Chilled Excellence awards would unlock for me in the manner they did in the Xbox One version.

I even had 6 Asian animals in the zoo at the same time and it didn't unlock the Tropical one until I had 5 tropical Asian animals IN TROPICAL EXHIBITS at the same time. The Himalayan Bear is definitely from Asia but does not appear to impact this achievement at all. I had some others that were from Asia that I placed in Temperate exhibits and did not impact this award, but once I moved them to Tropical exhibits it unlocked immediately.

I then did the same thing for the Chilled Excellence and got both that award and the award for all awards, unlocking The Zoo Tycoon achievement.

The animals I used are below.

Tropical Excellence - Bengal Tiger, Malayan Tiger, South China Tiger, Asiatic Lion, Indian Elephant.

Chilled Excellence - Grizzly Bear, Himalayan Brown Bear, Kodiak Bear, Polar Bear, Tibetan Blue Bear

Interesting find. I guess you need to have them in the correct habitat. I think I had them in the correct habitats anyways by accident when I did it.

And it makes sense the Himalayan Bear wouldnt count towards tropical since it is an alpine bear (doesnt live in jungle). Thanks for the listing of animals. May add it to the guide. So everyone is on the same page.