Idea for Harmonix's next game......

mlodoss

I think they should keep the buttons the same, maybe get rid of the orange as you said, but set the buttons onto a sliding part that gives you the choice the play a low note or a high note by sliding up and down the neck (sounds sexy). More moving parts though so they would probably cack up the controllers like they did with the GHIII ones but it would be much more fun having to move the buttons down to play a squealy solo than using them in the same spot for every part of the song.

Because people like me, who have a messed up hand (a handicap so to speak) cannot play all 5 notes. I have a hard time with blue.

So everyone else should be punished for that? If my left thumb didn't work, should MS take away my left stick because of it?

Sorry, that's just a bad idea.

Take the orange button off, OR, make the buttons horizontal, like a real guitars strings are aligned.

Taking off the orange button would make sense for very good guitarists who know how to do speedy fingerings, but then you would have to put 6 little horizontal rows on each button.

If that would be the case, why doesn't harmonix just let you hook up a real guitar, and if you could play real guitar, why play a video game? :p

It's going to stay the way it is, sorry.

And if you are having troouble with blue, do not use your pinky.

I learned from going to hard that you need to NEVER have your pinky on blue unless a certain green + blue chord calls for it. Simply move your fingers. I ALWAYS start a song with my index on red, pinky on orange. Medium is very easy playing like that, because then you never use your pinky.

My suggestions for improving your finger technique, other than just playing and practicing more, is play Wanted Dead Or Alive EX guitar on RB, Hard, then Expert Paint it Black on GH3, or Don't Fear the Reaper on any difficulty really on RB. Those are the basics for learning how to move your fingers right IMO.

Take the orange button off, OR, make the buttons horizontal, like a real guitars strings are aligned.

I thought you were going to suggest an idea for an actual game, not an idea for the guitar controller mlodoss.Either way, both ideas sound bad.Without the orange it would just be too simplistic (for me anyways), and if the buttons were horizontal.....then damn.I'd have to learn how to play a guitar game all over again and hove I dont screw up when I try GH again.

Off topic: happy this time?Look.Everything is spelled correctly, according to your obviously perfect english.

I got an idea for the drums. Make it more like a real drum set! Have your hi hat on the left and snare on the right. Then have 2 tom toms and one crash symbol. And you'll be all set! Oh and I would like the pads to be more responsive.

Dream on. Real drummers want that, pretend Drum Heroes do not. As for responsiveness, there are a MULTITUDE of ways to do it. Get pad silencers, rubber band tube socks to your pads, buy new drums sticks, there's all kinds of stuff you can do to get over it.

Two Words: Ska Band

One word: failure.

Trumpet Hero and Trombone Hero games are not in the future...:p Songs by Reel BIg Fish or Five Iron Frenzy may become available, but there is no way in hell you could create a wind instrument for a game. You don't strum, you don't hit, you either blow air, or buzz(vibrate lips). If a controller could do that, that would be weird, why not just hook up a real instrument?

One word: failure.

Trumpet Hero and Trombone Hero games are not in the future...:p Songs by Reel BIg Fish or Five Iron Frenzy may become available, but there is no way in hell you could create a wind instrument for a game. You don't strum, you don't hit, you either blow air, or buzz(vibrate lips). If a controller could do that, that would be weird, why not just hook up a real instrument?

WHY MUST YOU CRUSH MY DREAMS!?!?!?

Really, All I want is one Ska song in the game by any Ska band and I would be happy. But here's an idea involving Ska for the next guitar hero game. Throw in a Ska song or two and actually require parts to be played like Ska guitar... with upstrokes. Not downstrokes. That would add a new style of gameplay and a challenge for some people.

set the buttons onto a sliding part that gives you the choice the play a low note or a high note by sliding up and down the neck (sounds sexy).

Wow, that's actually a great idea!

I like Rock Band a lot, but I find that most of the songs are boring to play (although better songs themselves than GH3).

Most of them are just repeated chords that you strum really fast to hit.. I'd rather have quick, varying single notes... those are much more fun to play.

Also have more customization.. yeah it's way better than GH's lack of customization, but everything is too silly... the only decent haircut I found was the quiff and the beards were all too big.

Why couldn't there just be like a cropped haircut and some scruff for facial hair?

And why does everything look like playdoh?

Add a footpedal for the guitar, you'll have to hit the pedal before special notes like distortion when playing the chorus or delay/echo for the intro.

That would so add up to the fun.

Whatever happened to the mysterious foot pedal for the GHII controllers? The slot was there for a wire and someone posted info that someone was planning to make them but obviously didn't. I think the problem with that is whether it is included with the game or if it is an optional extra you have to buy later, if it is something you get later on then there would need to be an option to turn effects off or something.

But maybe to activate it you need to hit the pedal within a certain length of the fretboard as it scrolls along, which gets smaller as the difficulty increases. Miss it and maybe you lose some star power instead of your multiplier.

I can see having a 2 by 4 button configuration, which would be really hard, and probably best left for guitar hero, which has taken the more "hardcore" approach to guitar. The thought of actually learning to play chords scares me. The sliding 4 button thing I could see happening, if it wasn't going to break, which it inevitably would.

So, I'm not sure how much more they can do with 5 buttons, a strum and a whammy, but there are plenty of crazy and innovative people in the business.