New maps? Hell yeah...

Mr. Writer

Confirmed?

Oh, Legos

Last week, I talked about a new map, “Art Vandelay” and how revising the object system in Forge has led to some pretty interesting creative possibilities in Vandelay’s playspace. Earlier this week, Downloadable Content Producer Allen Murray mentioned a few other types of objects making their way to those wiley DLC maps.

In addition to the customization the Forge currently offers, DLC maps include the ability to place Mancannons (with varying trajectories), a couple of different sized Shield Doors and some vehicles will see a variety of tweaks. There are a couple of still-secret, still-in testing adjustments and changes that come to classic Halo vehicles. To say that these changes are the intersection between hysterical and tactical would be a pretty drastic understatement. Other less risque changes coming to vehicles include environment-specific decals being applied to vehicles and certain vehicles have had their weapon systems modified so that they behave differently in multiplayer combat.

All of that teasing aside, in the extremely near future we’re going to have much more in the way of cold, hard DLC-related fact and much less in the way of gimmicky names and vague descriptions. Things are in motion and the DLC bullet train is making a bee line straight for your face.

From bungie's site

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Guardian is better than Lockout

Valhalla is better than Coagulation/Bloodgulch

Zanzibar is better than Last Resort

I agree with Valhalla being better than coagulation but last resort owns Zanzibar and Lockout was the the best map on any shooter game i have ever played, guardian a remake of lockout anyway. they announced that on bungie net.

Well isn't Guardian pretty much Lockout just smaller? But I agree they should bring back Lockout. It was a great map for only a couple of players. It'd be great to see Coagulation in there too and maybe have a Roosterteath vending machine in one of the bases :p Another 250 points wouldn't be bad either.