Achievements not unlocking!

Hey guys,

Has anyone that has the game had trouble with achievements not popping after completing Halo CE levels? I have completed Pillar of Autumn and Halo and I haven't had any achievements pop for them yet. Everything else that is progression based seems to be popping okay (kill X amount of grunts etc), I have the bandana skull on and I'm worried that's effecting achievement unlocks?

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

Has anyone that has the game had trouble with achievements not popping after completing Halo CE levels? I have completed Pillar of Autumn and Halo and I haven't had any achievements pop for them yet. Everything else that is progression based seems to be popping okay (kill X amount of grunts etc), I have the bandana skull on and I'm worried that's effecting achievement unlocks?

It was confirmed over on Waypoint this past weekend that Bandana and any similar negative scoring skull modifiers will block the obtainment of any mission-compeltion, game-completion and playlist-completion achievements.

The only thing that those skulls do not effect apparently are Easter Eggs, Skulls, Terminals, and [X] kills achievements.

Damn, I was worried that was the case. Thanks for the confirmation, I was hoping your achievement guide would be up with some info on that but that was slightly wishful thinking :p

Mods will take it down if it's too early, so he's waiting for the proper global release to post it.

Damn, I was worried that was the case. Thanks for the confirmation, I was hoping your achievement guide would be up with some info on that but that was slightly wishful thinking :p

Yeah, it's a shame since Bandana didn't negate completion in Halo: CEA, but oh well :/ 343 probably saw it would make the game way, way too easy.

As Dante said, my guide will be up tomorrow! I'm going to post it at around 8:30am EST, so 21 hours from now.

First of all, sorry for not posting in the Halo 1 Subforum, not too sure if many people would see it there, please movie if necessary.

A friend and I went through today and beat Halo CE on splitscreen Legendary on my console, upon completing the campaign, we got a whole bunch of achievements, but did not unlock the achievement for beating the game on Easy, although I unlocked the ones for Normal, Heroic and Legendary. If I look in the Achievement App and in the in-game tracker, they both say 10/10 or 100% progress, but it is not unlocking.

So my friends achievement did not pop either. When he got home, he jumped on his console, his game data synced, and it unlocked for him. So I delete my save from my console, jumped in the game, re-synced, nothing happened. I opened the achievement app and the achievement said "Done! Unlocking..."

After a couple seconds it just sort of disappeared, can't see it anywhere in the unlocked or locked achievement lists. Also, now at the top of the locked list it sort of has a subheading that says "Right Now"

Anyone experiencing anything like this? Any advice?

Have done quite a few missions now on easy after I was supposed to get it.

I just 'favorited' the achievement, well did the thing where it stays at the top, and now it just totally isn't disappearing, sitting at the top of the list saying Done! Unlocking...

Have played more missions, deleted local save-data, deleted account and redownloaded, restarted console, tried getting other achievements.

Nothing seems to be doing it for me

I just 'favorited' the achievement, well did the thing where it stays at the top, and now it just totally isn't disappearing, sitting at the top of the list saying Done! Unlocking...
That usually means it'll unlock after an unspecificied amount of time without you having to do anything else.

Not the first time this has happened with Xbox One achievements. Won't be the last either.

I completed "Halo" in Halo: CE and didn't get the achievement. Also completed it without using a vehicle and didn't get that achievement either. I did it on legendary too so I hope I don't have to do that again.

EDIT: Re-did the level on Easy without using a vehicle, still did not get either achievement. They're still showing as locked in my achievement list in-game and on the Achievements app. I'm also noticing that the Achievements app is taking longer than usual to load - I'm seeing a thread on Halo Waypoint about this too so it's likely something on Microsoft's/343's end.

Edited by bblcreator8790

I completed "Halo" in Halo: CE and didn't get the achievement. Also completed it without using a vehicle and didn't get that achievement either. I did it on legendary too so I hope I don't have to do that again.

I did Pillar of Autumn on Legendary, without picking up overshields, taking health damage, and without picking up a health pack. Turning off instant on and doing a hard reboot got the regular PoA to pop (though I did not actually see the notification!), but none of the other three have popped or otherwise appeared.

The achievement system is fucked up right now. Probably because of the number of people unlocking many achievements from a 450 achievement long list.

I had similar problems with achievements not popping up, and or not unlocking at all with Destiny.

Well I take it back, the no overshield, no health damage, and no health pack cheevos suddenly are there (though no toast popped up).

Yeah, same with me. I've decide to try the par time achievements on normal before actually doing Legendary (waiting till my friend gets the game later this week) but I completed Pillar of Autumn and it didn't unlock, I'm positive I completed it under par as I skipped pretty much every fight in the mission, but I'm also unable to even check it so I don't know, but I also didn't get the achievement for even finishing Pillar of Autumn either (though I did get some other ones while playing).

EDIT: Well great... just tried and now I can't even look at my achievements. Microsoft has issued an Xbox Live Service Statue, specifically for H:MCC, so it seems to be a fault on there end... I really don't get why they had to make achievements an online function, they worked perfectly well on X360.

Edited by Lord Montymort