Demo is up on Xbox Live

It looks like this game may actually be releasing relatively soon. After all of these delays, I am pleased to see any progress on it's release.

here is a video of the two single player levels.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKl6E0foYMc]Painkiller Hell & Damnation Gameplay Demo - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by WORLDEATER

I enjoyed the demo a lot. My only issue was multiplayer, I had difficulty hitting players with most weapons. I miss arena shooters but sadly they seem to be a thing of the past.

Me too, but my only issue was the auto look centering. If you look down and walk forward, the game auto adjusts your aim to the center. I hate this in games. Such an unnecessary addition.

Me too, but my only issue was the auto look centering. If you look down and walk forward, the game auto adjusts your aim to the center. I hate this in games. Such an unnecessary addition.

I agree, it would be better if they didn't use that mechanic. Also I would have liked to see some of the typical arena shooter concepts like teleports and launchers. While I love that this game brings back an old genre it will get dull without something to spice it up.

I was a fan of Painkiller on PC when it first came out, after playing the demo in length I really found that a lot of the mechanics haven't changed and the game handles pretty poorly. I was excited about this game but if the final product reflects the demo i'm going to pass, pretty disappointed with it as a whole. Everything about it feels dated and muddled, it's fine to bring back classic games but at least update them with solid controls.

I was a fan of Painkiller on PC when it first came out, after playing the demo in length I really found that a lot of the mechanics haven't changed and the game handles pretty poorly. I was excited about this game but if the final product reflects the demo i'm going to pass, pretty disappointed with it as a whole. Everything about it feels dated and muddled, it's fine to bring back classic games but at least update them with solid controls.

I don't know what you're talking about. The game's mechanics are what makes it good. A game like this doesn't need to change, and I hate when people think it does. Change is NOT always good.

If you still pass on the game, then you'll be missing out on a great throwback game to the true arena shooters that helped define the genre.

As far as the controls go, they are much better than Hell Wars on original Xbox. If you've never played that, you have no room to talk.

I did play Hell Wars which was essentially the same game as the PC version but with pretty awful controls. I played it start to finish because I loved the PC version so much, even with the bad controls I still managed to get through it.

It's like Unreal Tournament, go back and play the original one and then play UT3 on 360. It's still the classic game with fast paced insane gameplay but the controls actually function well compared to if you play UT on a console like Dreamcast. The difference is they modernized it to the point where it controlled well without taking away from the frantic game style.

Now play UT3 then play the Painkiller demo and you'll feel exactly what i'm talking about. Nothing wrong with releasing a throwback game but if it controls like garbage then its just not that fun anymore. Unreal did it right, but Painkiller missed the mark, althought it IS only the demo and there's room to adjust it before it's final release and hopefully something simple as controls is something they can get right.

Going by a lot of the PC reviews of the game it's getting a solid 5/10 - 6/10 review score and i'd anticipate about the same on xbox when it comes out.

Edited by MabusScarab

I did play Hell Wars which was essentially the same game as the PC version but with pretty awful controls. I played it start to finish because I loved the PC version so much, even with the bad controls I still managed to get through it.

It's like Unreal Tournament, go back and play the original one and then play UT3 on 360. It's still the classic game with fast paced insane gameplay but the controls actually function well compared to if you play UT on a console like Dreamcast. The difference is they modernized it to the point where it controlled well without taking away from the frantic game style.

Now play UT3 then play the Painkiller demo and you'll feel exactly what i'm talking about. Nothing wrong with releasing a throwback game but if it controls like garbage then its just not that fun anymore. Unreal did it right, but Painkiller missed the mark, althought it IS only the demo and there's room to adjust it before it's final release and hopefully something simple as controls is something they can get right.

Going by a lot of the PC reviews of the game it's getting a solid 5/10 - 6/10 review score and i'd anticipate about the same on xbox when it comes out.

I mean no offense, but the controls are not bad in this game. Sure, they aren't CoD smooth, but they fit the bill and get the job done.

As for the reviews, pfft. They wouldn't know a good game if it bit them in the ass. Watch the same reviewers give BF4 and Ghosts a 8-10/10.

I mean no offense, but the controls are not bad in this game. Sure, they aren't CoD smooth, but they fit the bill and get the job done.

As for the reviews, pfft. They wouldn't know a good game if it bit them in the ass. Watch the same reviewers give BF4 and Ghosts a 8-10/10.

I used to be able to trust reviews. Lately, I have no idea who the reviewer is or what credentials they have to make their opinion matter.

I had a wee go at the demo as well, i was actually surprised at how good it was, i had never previously heard of this game, but it has got me thinking, check out the first part of my play thru and leave a comment on the game or some advice.