Yet another alternative farming method.

I've seen the ways posted of where you just keep playing the MINAC, but I was playing tonight and I've found a way that has given me a bit more success than doing that.

(Searched and I never really had any results matching this).

All you do is:

1) Load your game so that you start that the Tartarus fast travel station.

2) Sprint to the junkyard and enter.

3) Once in, go left and sprint past/kill the human enemies.

4) Once you head towards the little fort here you'll find loads of claptraps.

5) Kill the enemies here and collect anything that falls.

6) Now run South, past the large tower and you'll come to a camp with a few humans, kill these ones or they'll be a pain.

7) Right next to this is more claptraps, again, kill and collect.

8) Pause the game and exit. It saves your progress and returns to the title screen.

9) Load your game and repeat, all enemies will have respawned.

I thought I may aswell share this since I done the MINAC way for about 5-6 hours and only got a few oil cans and a bit of pizza or two but I done the method above for 40-50 minutes and got 3/4 bobbleheads, some oil and some pizza. (And the usual tonne of 3D glasses, fish and panties).

I suppose this way is good aswell if you would rather play the game rather than leaving it idle since it isn't quite as repetative as MINAC.

Still, hope this is useful for at least a couple of you. :)

I haven't seen anyone point out the obvious yet. Play as a Hunter with a +2 rare items mod. I'm halfway through the collectibles after just two nights of playing.

Coypu happen to have one of these mods that you can dupe/give to me? I've been trying to farm these items for some time now.

Coypu happen to have one of these mods that you can dupe/give to me? I've been trying to farm these items for some time now.

Sure. Send me a FR and mention Borderlands. That goes for everyone reading this too.

I wanted to update with a farming method that I've found to be very consistent. I've been farming Hyperion Dump by taking the left most route heading North, over the bridge next to a checkpoint, to a circle where claptraps come out of pipes on the edges. (There are some Hyperion guards in a makeshift fort in the middle of this area.) It's the fastest source of claptraps, and they're very predictable.

With a Hunter, I've maxed out Ransack. It's all about keeping up the pace, trying to max out the extra item bonus. Do NOT use one-shot, one-kill guns, because the claptraps cannot spawn fast enough to keep your Ransack bonus up. :uzi:

Using the above in combination, I farm on average 1 oil can, pizza or bobblehead per run. I usually drop an orange gun at least every other run. It's not Crawermax awesome, but one can bust out a couple runs in short order. All in all, less than 10 minutes. Could be done in 5, but I mess around too much. When I'm done, I usually Exit and just start the game again.

Edited by its delicious

When you say +rare items, do you mean scavenge or ransack? If so, I was able to find a mod that gave plus 3 to both.

This is the Class Mod I am currently using.

Level Requirement: 55

Scavenger Class Mod (Purple)

Tediore

Class Requirement: Hunter

+3 Team Scavenge Extra Items

+3 Swipe Skill

+3 Ransack Skill

+4 Out for Blood Skill

+2 Team Find Rare Items

$2030738

This is only the second mod I've found in 100+ hours that grants Team Rare Find Items.