Meta-Games: Tips, Discussion and Help Thread

The Pants Party

Thanks to Xyjar for the screencaps. This info can be found on Bungie's website also.

Check this link for some good tips from Bungie about the meta-game scoring. They recommend Heroic difficulty with at least one skull turned on, two will help even more.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1201/1430580660_913f48b59d_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1353/1430580762_0894ca9111_o.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright it looks like the bonus modifier depends on the skull havent figured out how high the multiplier is for each skull but will do that later.

i recommend selecting heroic and activating the myhtic and tough luck skulls i got way more than enough points (50k+ in some cases) even when it took me so long that i didnt get any time bonus at all

Difficulty multipliers:

Easy: 0.25x

Normal: 1x

Heroic: 2x

Legend: 4x

Multipliers(for the kill)

Grenade stick: 1.25x

Headshot: 1.25x

stealth kill: 1.25x

Road-kill: 1.25x

Multi-kill: 1.25x

Needler superdetonation: 1.25x

EMP: 1.25x

Skull Multipliers:

iron: 3x

black eye: 1.5x

tough luck: 1.5x

catch: 1.5x

fog: 1.5x

famine: 2x

thunderstorm: 1.5x

tilt: 2x

mythic: 2x

Time bonus:

0-15min (3x)

15-20min (2.5x)

20-25min (2x)

25-30min (1.5x)

they are on this site http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/halo3.aspx i typed them up for easy copy and paste action because the site is in silverlight.

OK, I don't know if anyone is having problems with these achievements but I played solo last night on crows nest, turned on the Mystic skull and scoring set to 'free-for-all' I got 18000 points by the end and never got the achievement. Then I tried with 2 friends and set the scoring to 'Team' with Mystic on again, we accumulated just over 16k points, still no achievement, anyone else having these problems?

Also the coop over Live is REALLY laggy for my friends and I, anyone getting that too?

OK, I don't know if anyone is having problems with these achievements but I played solo last night on crows nest, turned on the Mystic skull and scoring set to 'free-for-all' I got 18000 points by the end and never got the achievement. Then I tried with 2 friends and set the scoring to 'Team' with Mystic on again, we accumulated just over 16k points, still no achievement, anyone else having these problems?

Also the coop over Live is REALLY laggy for my friends and I, anyone getting that too?

I met the requirement on level 6, getting just over 50,000 on 3 player co-op using team scoring, and also did not get the achievement. I really hope this doesn't have to be done solo, but it looks like that might be the case.

Also, I haven't had any trace of lag in any of my co-op games (playing all the way through legendary). It's like we're all playing in the same room. The person hosting yours must have had a pretty bad connection.

You can get the achievement in Co-op, but it will be harder. It uses individual score in either scoring method, not combined score. So you and your friend could get 16000 points on the first level, but if you each only have 8000 you will not get the achievement. My friend got this on Co-op last night by turning on the Thunderstorm and Mythic skulls, Legendary difficulty. He got just over 15000, and the achievement.

I found that doing the levels on Heroic with Thunderstorm and Mythic work pretty well. You still get enough points, and it's easier than trying to do it on Legendary.

We did it on 3 player co-op (normal with some skulls on not sure which ones) for the first two levels, first level we all got it. Second level just two of us got it, but if we spread the points out it is easy to get enough. You have to set the scoring on free for all, not team.

Damn people! It's only been out for two days (if you count New Zealands[sp?])! How could you possibly be worrying about earning the Meta Game achievements already?!?

Of course, this is x360a...kinda the point.

Oh well, just decided to post this http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=h3campaign

It gives pretty much any tips and trick that you need to know about the skulls and special kills so that you can earn the highest score possible.

With this link and the previousely posted screenshots of the scores for each enemy, you should be well on your way to earning those achievements.

I on the other hand have to wait until tomorrow before I even get to play the game for the first time...you lucky bastards!