Is the game good?

Trendin

I've always been a first person shooter kind of guy. The only fighting game I've played has been tekken at restaurants. I have some money to spare and I don't know if I should get this.

Personally, the only fighting games I've liked on Modern Consoles (sort of PS2/XBOX onwards) have been the Tekken series and Mortal Kombat series. I wouldn't say it's an exact science that if you like one then you will like the other as that is wrong. It's just me personally. Tekken is much easier to pick up and play and/or button bash than Mortal Kombat is in my opinion, although to be outstanding at the combos on Tekken is pure skill. I am expecting this Mortal Kombat to be worth the risk of my cash though :). Check out some videos on some of the threads or Youtube to see if looks like something you'd like, there's quite a few gameplay vids out there.

Edited by KyKy

Save some money and get a much better fighting game. Super Street Fighter IV

Really?!?!?! If you never really played a fight game or have gotten into one, I would start off with SSFIV the poster above is right its probably one of the greatest fighting games out, If you really wanna start MK I would start of with Sub-Zero Or Scorpion seeing how there easier on the moves and fatalities....... Hope this helps

Save some money and get a much better fighting game. Super Street Fighter IV
You know I'm a huge SF fan and I prefer it but I would say that MK is for the more casual gamer who doesn't have a strong interest in fighting games.

MK has always been something to show your friends. "check out this fatality" etc while SSFIV takes a lot of skill and in the long run, will only interest the hardcore fighting player.