Will Reach top Modern Warfare 2's sales?

ttsutaoka

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see how it can happen and i will be totally surprised. I think the better comparison will be how reach does against Black Ops. These games are being released right around each other and will be in competition. When mw2 was released it was by far the biggest release at the time. I could see halo beating black ops sales but i dont know about mw2.

I dont see how it can happen and i will be totally surprised. I think the better comparison will be how reach does against Black Ops. These games are being released right around each other and will be in competition. When mw2 was released it was by far the biggest release at the time. I could see halo beating black ops sales but i dont know about mw2.
And again I'll say, only if you limit the comparison to the Xbox 360 version of Black Ops. Comparing sales of an exclusive game to a non-exclusive game is always going to be skewed in the non-exclusive's favor.

http://www.vgchartz.com/milestones.php?reg=World&cons=&milestone=10

MW 2 lifetime 360 11.5m

H3 lifetime 11.15m (and that's after 3 years)

There is a higher install base for hardware now but it can't account for the juggernaut that is COD.

Don't agree that ODST should be added into here but it sold around 5.5m also.

I'm passionate for all things Halo and not COD but I think the gaming community has shifted to COD.

obviously it wont top total sales, i dont even think it will top 360 sales. But what about black ops any ideas how they will compare? I have heard that black ops preorders have outpaced MW2's
Well, if Black Ops pre-orders have topped MW2's already, and if the pre-orders are any kind of actual indication of total sales (which they probably aren't) then Reach WILL outsell Black Ops. Cause as of two weeks ago Reach had over double the reserves of Black Ops across BOTH consoles.

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders.php

Doesn't seem to have been updated since the 4th though. But, if all of those reserved copies are actually picked up on the 14th... that's a hell of a first day number.

Short answer, No

Long Answer, They Wish

Longer Answer, most people are fed up with Halo after ODST. The Hype around Halo isn't as big as any COD game and I do think Bungie lost their mojo after Halo 2. Most people who are into Halo are buying Reach and it seemed like everyone was buying MW2 because of the solid SP and MP. These are also the reasons why I didn't preorder a legendary edition of Halo: Reach because I know I'll see cheaper versions of this edition in about 6 months just like the Halo 3 Legendary edition.

I love both games.

But it will be very hard for halo to top MW2, the latter sold more than 13 milion copies just for the x360.

Halo as its bigger community in the Usa, but in Europe most gamers play Cod, everyone criticises COD MW2 but it as stayed in the top of XBOX LIVE and PSN since launch, and the Cod brand (Cod waw / Cod 4 / Cod mw2) is in the top ten most played xbox360 games every month, and with Black Ops there will be 4 cod games in that list...thats amazing.