Why did they have to put all these battle gorund elemets in tot hsi game, they're so tedious and just not fun... totally ruined the Lego franchise as far as I'm concerned and putting me off buying Pirates Of The Caribbean in case there's similar elements in that :(

I haven't picked up Lego Pirates yet but these damned ground battles totally ruined this game for me and my wife. Pretty much every Lego game we've played through together and these ground battles are just pointless and near impossible to play with 2 people I would say. A lot of the levels just get far too confusing with 2 players, but the space battles and ground battles are definitely the worst.

I'll still get the 1000 in this I'm sure, but it would have been much more fun to do in co-op. I'm hoping Lego Pirates doesn't have any of these type of battles, haven't seen anything in any of the reviews so far.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, Lego Pirates has no "battle ground"-style missions. So you should be safe.

The levels in Lego Pirates are huge, and bring back the classic co-op gaming that you would expect from a Lego game. Me and my wife also enjoy playing them together. She skipped out on the clone wars one, but is really into pirates!

• 4 months later...

Imo Lego Batman was probaly my favorite lego game and Lego Star Wars III takes a distant last. The ground asault was kinda fun the first few time but got repetive and boring. I cant see me sinking to much more time in to this game, ill prolly just finish the story and add it to the shelf with the rest of my Lego games.

• 7 months later...
Well, Lego Pirates has no "battle ground"-style missions. So you should be safe.

The levels in Lego Pirates are huge, and bring back the classic co-op gaming that you would expect from a Lego game. Me and my wife also enjoy playing them together. She skipped out on the clone wars one, but is really into pirates!

Totally agree!

I haven't picked up Lego Pirates yet but these damned ground battles totally ruined this game for me and my wife. Pretty much every Lego game we've played through together and these ground battles are just pointless and near impossible to play with 2 people I would say. A lot of the levels just get far too confusing with 2 players, but the space battles and ground battles are definitely the worst.

I'll still get the 1000 in this I'm sure, but it would have been much more fun to do in co-op. I'm hoping Lego Pirates doesn't have any of these type of battles, haven't seen anything in any of the reviews so far.

Well I just started Lego Star Wars 3 today and I am very impressed with it thus far. I haven't gotten to the ground battles yet but (unless they are anything like the battle on Geonosis in the 1st level) I should fare okay, but I have heard from many that they are very tedious and frustrating. On the other hand I have completed Lego Pirates to 1000 and there are no frustrating parts like the ground battles in LSW3 so you are safe in that regard. And I might add it is an awesome game and definitely one of my favorites in the Lego series, so if you are a fan you will love Lego Pirates.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm just not sure who these games are geared towards anymore. I thought they were kids games. Either kids are much smarter than me or I'm borderline retarded because I think this game is a confusing pain-in-the-ass. The "hub" is a massive mess, there is little to no direction on what the hell I should be doing at any given moment, or how to solve the many puzzles of the levels. Other than someone's picture next to a door, most of the time it's trial and error for a half hour or so in an area until I accidentally smash something I didn't see or realize there's something that was out of sight of the screen that I need to progress. I couldn't imagine a little kid getting through alot of parts in some of these Lego games.

Edited by WalterWhite

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Way too many of these stupid ground battles in this game, they are tedious and no fun and just a pain in the arse. They take way too long to do and just break up the flow of the game. This definitely has to be the weakest lego game i've played to date and has ruined what was a great series of lego games.

• 4 years later...